Lost item in hotel room

Toshi666

Previously I m staying <removed> hotel Ratthanathibet Nonthaburi for almost 1 month

When I checked out without examined the room properly and flew back to my country

When arrived my home,I discovered that my sentimental item that was with me almost to 20years missing
Called up hotel and spoke to Manager on duty to check whether hotel housekeeping discovered any item from room
After a few hours email was sent to me and informed that there wasn't any leftover item found at my room which I stayed

I m so disappointed with hotel the way they handled the matter
Hotel management look such incident simple eg. guest property missing

I ve been travelled around world and stayed many hotels but this is my worst hotel that I ever stayed

Lesson learnt about this hotel staffs and management thru service given to guests

Edited by ubonjoe
removed name of hotel due to defamation rule

Always do at least one walk around checking everything, every drawer, wardrobe, etc before you check out.

Anything left behind in all but the most exclusive of hotels will disappear.

Let this be a lesson learned.

I dont exactly see what they have done wrong?

I presume your dissapointment is based on your presumption that someone from thebhotel stole it.

when the reality probably was it ended up in the trash

I wonder if the OP would have posted, if indeed the 'sentimental item' was there in the first place, if it had been found and returned by the hotel staff?

Probably not.

IMO, the OP should reread his post, and ask the mods to remove the name of the hotel (no 'name-and-shame' on here, right?) because of his self admitted mistake in not looking after his personal items.

What do you think about writing a hand written letter to the hotel general manager which includes your home address and a promise to refund postage? Maybe, if lucky, it'll turn up in the future at your doorstep. If it were me, I'd also offer a reward as appropriate.

Slagging off the entire hotel where you stayed for a month for your own mistake seems on the lame side to me.

Good luk regardless.

P.S. Whenever I've found something belongs to another person, I've made a reasonable effort to return it to the rightful owner.

The same holds true for the Missus. At a minimum she'll give a found item to security of a hotel or mall. Even keys found in the parking lot, she'll bother to go inside the business and give them to the security.

A man's moral fiber is best judged when there's no one watching him..

Edited by watcharacters

Sentimental value means it must have been old, maid probably found it thought it was left as rubbish and binned it, amazes me how some people shift the blame to others for their mistakes.

Your mileage is always going to vary with this anywhere in the world. It's best to consider it a bonus if you get the stuff back that you've stupidly (and we've all done it) left in the room. My wife once left her make up bag, containing a lot of expenwsive brand make up in the room at a hotel in Bangkok. We were out of town by the time she realised, so she phoned the hotel, who put her in touch with the housekeeping lady who attended to our room. The lady had put the bag into her housekeeping store, and my wife's cousin (who works near Bang Na) went to collect them with a small gift for the housekeeping lady. My wife was lucky.

It's not uncommon to leave things in hotel rooms when checking out, but two years ago my wife and stepdaughter took it to a new level. They checked out of their Rome hotel, jumped in their hire car and proceeded to drive to their next destination, before taking a train to the south of France. It was only then that they realised that they had left most of their cash, jewelry and passports at the Hotel in Rome. They called the hotel who checked the safe and confirmed what was there, but then the story took a lovely twist. The hotel offered to drive a 90 minute journey to meet my wife halfway instead of her returning all the way back. They met at a service station the items were returned and my wife literally had to fight to give the young driver 500 Euro to show how grateful she was.

It's not uncommon to leave things in hotel rooms when checking out, but two years ago my wife and stepdaughter took it to a new level. They checked out of their Rome hotel, jumped in their hire car and proceeded to drive to their next destination, before taking a train to the south of France. It was only then that they realised that they had left most of their cash, jewelry and passports at the Hotel in Rome. They called the hotel who checked the safe and confirmed what was there, but then the story took a lovely twist. The hotel offered to drive a 90 minute journey to meet my wife halfway instead of her returning all the way back. They met at a service station the items were returned and my wife literally had to fight to give the young driver 500 Euro to show how grateful she was.

500 euro! Of course she had to fight. That's a ridiculous tip for someone who was doing what his manager told him to do. If it was a stranger who did it of his own accord maybe but a driver!!! 100 would have sufficed. 500 yoyos is a week's salary for some people...