90% of Harbor Mall’s restaurants pass 1st inspection

Rimmer

90% of Harbor Mall’s restaurants pass 1st inspection

1193n18PHD.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Pattaya Public Health Department certified clean and healthy restaurants at the new Harbor Mall, with more than 90 percent of the eateries passing muster.

City Councilman Rattanachai Sutidechanai handed out the “Clean Food, Good Taste” certificates with public health officials May 30.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/90-harbor-malls-restaurants-pass-1st-inspection-138674

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-06-10 footer_n.gif

That means that 10% failed 1st inspection whistling.gif

Perhaps an advertising campaign would work. "Enjoy our reataurants. We are proud that 90% are safe"

Thai food and health standards would be laughable in many countries, so a 90% pass rate gives marginal confidence.

The 10% that failed is far more important than the 90% that passed. Six out of 59 failed. Would they still fail today?

Names and violations would be nice but probably will never be revealed.

Names and violations would be nice but probably will never be revealed.

The absurd libel law makes it almost impossible to "name and shame" without facing criminal charges

and must be a big contributing factor stopping progress in many areas.

Though "social media" is making a bit of an impact in certain cases.

Where oh where is Harbor Mall ? Haven,t seen any promo on it sad.png Always looking for a new mall to soak in the free aircon in these tropical climes smile.png

This is a joke post right...been several LONG and lively threads on the place here on the Forum. thumbsup.gif

I had no idea where the mall was until I did a Google search........thought it might be at the "harbor." The Google search revealed two Harbor Malls. It looks like one is somewhere in central Pattaya and the other one is far north, maybe near Laemchabang Harbor. No desire to go to either one of them.

Where oh where is Harbor Mall ? Haven,t seen any promo on it sad.png Always looking for a new mall to soak in the free aircon in these tropical climes smile.png

This is a joke post right...been several LONG and lively threads on the place here on the Forum. thumbsup.gif

I had no idea where the mall was until I did a Google search........thought it might be at the "harbor." The Google search revealed two Harbor Malls. It looks like one is somewhere in central Pattaya and the other one is far north, maybe near Laemchabang Harbor. No desire to go to either one of them.

A bit odd for you to be reading and posting in this thread then isn't it?

Well not everyone lives in Pattaya, or wants to. I go to Pattaya at least once a month and have been doing so for over 15 years, yet, strange as it may seem to you, I have no idea where this Harbour Mall is. And no, I do NOT go to walking street or prowl Beach Road looking for cheap hookers.

Well not everyone lives in Pattaya, or wants to. I go to Pattaya at least once a month and have been doing so for over 15 years, yet, strange as it may seem to you, I have no idea where this Harbour Mall is. And no, I do NOT go to walking street or prowl Beach Road looking for cheap hookers.

It's next to Foodland, Pattaya Klang.

Who said you did...but an interesting non-sequitur nonetheless.

In case you ever do want to visit, it's next to Foodland on Central Road...not near Beach Road or Walking Street so no cheap hookers to spoil your visit.

Newly opened, yet 10%,, which is probably higher due to statistic manipulation,

have failed to achieve Clean Food, Good Taste certificates.

Are these 10% closed now ? Probably not.

Why should you close them ?

90% seems not a bad score to me ? unsure.png

If you had to close all places that fail at "Good taste",

you would have first to close all Mac Donald !

So in your view, it's acceptable that the 10%+ that have failed, should continue to possibly poison the public ?

You forgot to add "Clean Food" in your selective memory.

So in your view, it's acceptable that the 10%+ that have failed, should continue to possibly poison the public ?

I would bet good money that if health inspectors surveyed 100 restaurants in any country a minimum of 10% of them would fail...if you're that concerned about how your food is prepared you should be cooking at home. In any case, I wouldn't worry too much...at 9-1, the odds are still greatly in the diners favor.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

It's not about good taste, its about hygiene !

But never trust Thai FDA, they don't have a clue about food certification and International standards, but they try to have their own standard which is probably corrupt , and the good taste you refer to is lost in translation.....

I would bet good money that if health inspectors surveyed 100 restaurants in any country a minimum of 10% of them would fail...if you're that concerned about how your food is prepared you should be cooking at home. In any case, I wouldn't worry too much...at 9-1, the odds are still greatly in the diners favor.

In civilized countries inspectors DO survey ALL restaurants, and at standards of which Thai inspectors have not even a clue, and if a restaurant fails it will be shutdown right away until the issues are cleared.