Honda or Toyota for least Depreciation

I'm thinking of buying a new car. Does anyone have any experience with Toyota/Honda. Does one depreciate faster than the other?

Also, while I'm here, do the main dealers offer cars that are used, say a couple of years old, that are guaranteed to be cosher?

Toyota has "Sure" dealers which are certified used cars, never used it but it should be more reliable than the 2nd hand card dealers.

https://www.toyotasure.com/wanttobuy/wanttobuy.aspx

Don't believe Honda has a certified used car dealer.

Depreciation is about the same as long its popular models (civic, vios, camry, accord, yaris, jazz). Due to amount of cars on the road nowadays, cars depreciate a lot more compare to 5 years ago. There is an oversupply of used cars on the market. If you don't plan on keeping the car for long, best to buy used car as you will lose very little money if you decide to sell it back 3-4 years later down the road. If you plan to keep it for 1-2 years, you might even be able to sell it for the same price you bought it to a private buyer, given that there is no big face lift for the car model.

cars depreciate very slowly in Thailand compared to other countries.

I heard a rumor that Honda depreciates slower than Toyota.

As the other poster above says, I would go for a recent second hand, for example a Honda CRV which are already quite a good deal when sold new.

Toyota has "Sure" dealers which are certified used cars, never used it but it should be more reliable than the 2nd hand card dealers.

Depreciation is about the same as long its popular models (civic, vios, camry, accord, yaris, jazz). Due to amount of cars on the road nowadays, cars depreciate a lot more compare to 5 years ago. There is an oversupply of used cars on the market. If you don't plan on keeping the car for long, best to buy used car as you will lose very little money if you decide to sell it back 3-4 years later down the road. If you plan to keep it for 1-2 years, you might even be able to sell it for the same price you bought it to a private buyer, given that there is no big face lift for the car model.

Toyota "Sure" certified will be a good Deal also as Honda, has certified used Cars too. I know both by Experience. Toyota for example gives 20'000Km Warranty/ 1 Year on most used Models.

Toyota "Sure" certified will be a good Deal also as Honda, has certified used Cars too. I know both by Experience. Toyota for example gives 20'000Km Warranty/ 1 Year on most used Models.

Pls. Do not confuse Honda Australia with Honda Thailand.

This can happen because Honda Australia website is in English so English speaking foreigners will lock on to the Australia website and think it is the same as the Thailand one. It is not, the Thailand one is very limited in its English because it is geared to Thais and their Thai language.

Having operated several Toyota and Honda cars personally I lean more towards Honda of the Engine. Remember Honda is the largest Engine manufacturer in the world, several car manufacturers use Honda engines.

Main item to consider number and locations of Dealerships just in case something goes wrong. Toyota and Honda are about equal.

As for trade-in never seen or experienced Honda Thailand approved trade-in, Toyota, Yes. My experience with Thailand Honda Trade-in depends on the relationship you have with the dealer. Most recent purchase, my 6-year old Honda covered half the price of my New Honda. But then I have been known to the dealer staff for the past 10-years.

Honda all the way...toyota is a truck manufacturer and so their products reflect that mentality...In Thailand, Benz and Honda has the highest resale value..BMW nd Toyota are in the same resale league.

blink.png

Most highest resale it Nissan with 3,5 or 3,7 L

And another japan sport or "luxury"car

after it truck Isuzu or Toyota( and easy sell)

after sedan toyota and honda..

but now( last few year) as i see many domestic made cheap car resale value near simular.

Benz - yes its highest resale value then BMW.. and can say it almost C class and small cc ( power) engine.

Honda claim to be the largest engine manufacturer because they include millions of little engines for motorcycles and lawn mowers etc. I doubt this meaningful to car buyers.

Having operated several Toyota and Honda cars personally I lean more towards Honda of the Engine. Remember Honda is the largest Engine manufacturer in the world, several car manufacturers use Honda engines.

Main item to consider number and locations of Dealerships just in case something goes wrong. Toyota and Honda are about equal.

As for trade-in never seen or experienced Honda Thailand approved trade-in, Toyota, Yes. My experience with Thailand Honda Trade-in depends on the relationship you have with the dealer. Most recent purchase, my 6-year old Honda covered half the price of my New Honda. But then I have been known to the dealer staff for the past 10-years.

Honda and Toyota both have models that hold value exceptionally well - Fortuner and HR-V.

They also both have models that are not so good so a resale value comparison needs to be specific to the model.

Honda all the way...toyota is a truck manufacturer and so their products reflect that mentality...In Thailand, Benz and Honda has the highest resale value..BMW nd Toyota are in the same resale league.

Toyota is the biggest single name car company in the world. They didn't get there by accident. Commercial vehicles, for example pickups are not their top global sellers. That honour goes to the Corolla, or Altis as it is sold in Thailand.

As for the depreciation between Honda and Toyota, it's going to be as near as makes no difference, especially if you keep the car for a number of years. It's not worth buying something you like less just because it will be worth 20,000 baht more in three years time.

Flaming / Nonsense posts Removed

Forum Rule - 3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.