What is the best UK SIM for Thailand?

torrow

Hi.

I need to keep a UK SIM active to receive text alerts from my bank etc. (they will only accept a UK mobile number). My 3UK SIM no longer works. Obviously most UK networks will work in Thailand but the biggest issue for expats is keeping the SIM active. What's the best?

You must send a text once every 90 x days to keep your account active. Vodafone, o2 etc will deactivate your account if there is no outgoing activity within 3 x months.

Buy a "pay as you go" sim, top up and send one text every 90 x days to your Thai mobile or another UK mobile.

You must send a text once every 90 x days to keep your account active. Vodafone, o2 etc will deactivate your account if there is no outgoing activity within 3 x months.

Buy a "pay as you go" sim, top up and send one text every 90 x days to your Thai mobile or another UK mobile.

I have a Vodafone Sim, Pay Monthly Contract, I have worked/lived abroad since 2006 some times for more for more than 90 Days at a time, I use a local Sim where ever I am then put my Vodafone back in after returning to the UK, never been deactivated.

With monthly Sim-only contract in the UK you will not be disconnected even if you never use it and as long as you keep paying. I have a Simplicity contract with 02 only £8-08 per calendar month. I never use it in Thailand it is in my safety box and amazingly receives UK texts in there.