Should it really be difficult to unsubscribe?

Caspersfriend

Caspersfriend,

Instead of arguing why not take the easy route as has already been suggested to you... stop posting and logout.

As far as the Forum's content (member's posts) is concerned, please see below from the Forum Rules:

You agree to grant to THAIVISA.COM a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of THAIVISA.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to THAIVISA.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed.**
Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.

Caspersfriend,

Instead of arguing why not take the easy route as has already been suggested to you... stop posting and logout.

As far as the Forum's content (member's posts) is concerned, please see below from the Forum Rules:

You agree to grant to THAIVISA.COM a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of THAIVISA.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to THAIVISA.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed.**

Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.

You are [presumably] employed by ThaiVisa/Group Asia and therefore must conform to the conditions of your employment --- none of which applies to me.

If you're banned by administrator, then I think you do actually disappear from the members list. Your posts remain but the link to your member profile no longer works and you can't be searched for in the members' list. Maybe this is the best route to go down? There's no way anyone can access your profile or search for you, and you can't login or post on the site.

Note that this differs from a ban done by a moderator, which is basically like being suspended indefinitely, and in this case you do still exist in the members list. So, solution could be to request an admin user bans you from the site.

The above does apply to you and every member of the ThaiVisa Forum.

You agreed to these conditions when you signed up to be a member.

And, by the way, I am not employed by ThaiVisa/Group Asia or Inspire, however I am also bound by the same conditions as you.

Now please desist with the nit-picking and decide for yourself... stop posting and logout, or we can ban you (by admin or mod)... up to you.

Which route do you prefer?

The above does apply to you and every member of the ThaiVisa Forum.

You agreed to these conditions when you signed up to be a member.

And, by the way, I am not employed by ThaiVisa/Group Asia or Inspire, however I am also bound by the same conditions as you.

Now please desist with the nit-picking and decide for yourself... stop posting and logout, or we can ban you (by admin or mod)... up to you.

Which route do you prefer?

My intention was and is neither to be 'stirring up trouble' nor 'nit-picking'.

How could I justifiably be accused of such when I am simply trying to establish the facts regarding membership?

Thai Visa T's & C's do not state that [as another poster aptly put it] you can check out but you can never leave.

After the exchanges in this thread I now have a better understanding.

Many thanks for your contribution.

You are welcome.

Are we to understand now that you no longer wish to leave the Forum?

Your OP stated

ThaiVisa serves a purpose but not one that I gain a benefit from.

All I request is that I can unsubscribe in the way I could do on any other genuine site.

As you continue to logon and post we can only assume that you wish to remain an active member... correct?

You are welcome.

Are we to understand now that you no longer wish to leave the Forum?

Your OP stated

ThaiVisa serves a purpose but not one that I gain a benefit from.

All I request is that I can unsubscribe in the way I could do on any other genuine site.

As you continue to logon and post we can only assume that you wish to remain an active member... correct?

Indeed.

No doubt we will all sleep easier tonight wink.png

Archived