Is Sudafed avaialble in Thailand

matta330

I have tried many of the decongestants here, but none work as well for me as Sudafed. In the US, I did need a prescription for it and I am fine if I need one here as well, but is it actually available or is it considered an illegal substance?

The active ingredient in Sudafed is pseudoephedrine. As of about 5 years ago, it is strictly controlled, due to the pervasive abuse in the manufacture of methamphetamine ("speed"), for which it is a precursor substance.

You definitely need a prescription and it is only dispensed through hospital pharmacies. In my experience, doctors here are quite reluctant and stingy in prescribing this drug.

Not sure if it will work from the USA...But I get a couple of packets posted to me from the UK no problem.

I assume if I had a carton with several hundred alarm bells would ring somewhere - but I just get a couple of packets of 12 tablets.

Another brand is Actifed works as well as Sudafed.

If you know of someone flying into Thailand from the UK get them to buy some - they are over the counter in Boots etc in the UK.

The only ask if you are already taking Paracetamol ? and you just say no to get them.

Every time I am back in the UK I buy several packets and take them back here. The local drugs are useless.

Just ask for pseudophedrine.

Do not under any circumstances try to have this mailed to you in Thailand as one poster suggested ...could get in serious trouble. This drug can be used in production of methamphetamine henve the restriction and attempts to circumvent the law could lead to your being suspected of same.

Just ask for pseudophedrine.

Do not under any circumstances try to have this mailed to you in Thailand as one poster suggested ...could get in serious trouble. This drug can be used in production of methamphetamine henve the restriction and attempts to circumvent the law could lead to your being suspected of same.

Thank you. smile.png

It'a hard to imagine that a single packet of twelve Actifed tablets could be used as grounds for a suspected meth lab operation, as you'd probably get much less than a gram of "product" from twelve tablets, but I agree that it's probably a situation you don't want to get into.