Toothbrushes...............

Generalchaos

What is it with this place trying to buy a decent toothbrush?

Colgate sell about 1000 different variants, almost everyone is "Extra Soft" (which sort of FLUFF your teeth,) They seem incapable of even disturbing crap in your mouth let alone brush them clean. This seems to cover 50 baht to 300 baht brushes. Totally useless.

Then Colgate have a one off, a hard bristle that can rip your gums to shreds. ( Costs 10 Baht and seems to be made from the same plastic they use for Black and Decker garden strimmer wire)

Why nothing in between?

Go and check Tesco online, their website ONLY has soft and SUPER SOFT, these things may as well be made from spider spit, they have no brushing strength.

I think I could use the same one to clean my ass and my mouth and never feel the friction!

Probably be better off smearing some Colgate multi coloured toothpaste on the toilet brush!

Edited by Generalchaos

JUST PULL EM AND GROWL....Cant you just please go home and refresh yourself and try and get a gold star from your toom monitor...

Edited by NickJ

Oh so you want a wider variety of crap, not just limited crap from Colgate.

There are plenty of other brands available in both Tesco and Big C and Makro to name but a few, personally never had an issue with Oral-B, a decent brand and brush (IMHO).

Edited by Black Ops

This is Thailand and not unlike a few other countries in Asia. There may be a product you really like in stock at TESCO, Big C, Tops, whatever ... but because it is in stock today does not mean it will be in stock next week, next month or next year. SO ... when you see something you really like, buy enough to make you happy for a long time.

...and what is your point????..................

If you need a proper toothbrush go and buy an electric one from ORAL B. They offer a variety of appropriate brushes. Even you can change daily to a different type if reqired.

And the result of brushing is outstanding compared with ancient hand ones.

I know that in America finding a hard tooth brush is almost impossible. Mainly because of the miss use of the brushes was causing bleeding gums and people were suing Colgate and others for their blunder.The last time I found a hard brush in LOS was about four years ago.

Go and check Tesco online, their website ONLY has soft and SUPER SOFT, these things may as well be made from spider spit, they have no brushing strength.

You shop online and complain that they don't sell what you want...

Move to the supermarket or pharmacy and you will find what you are looking for!

Keep shopping they are here. Many dentists here carry the Oral B medium brush.

I also recommend the Oral B, small circular electric toothbrush to eliminate brushing time. As we age, we get lazy! Be sure to brush along the gum line and tongue where bacteria and tarter builds up. I ordered mine from America, on line.

Brush after every meal if possible. Floss once or twice a day.

After using the electric brush, floss, and then use the manual toothbrush and brush side to side then down to remove tarter and lose food particles. Clean off the mirror! cheesy.gif That is what eventually ends up on your roots!

Seniors should concentrate on cleaning out teeth, gum pockets with small wire brushes and plastic picks for the hard to reach areas.

I would limit mouth wash as I read that chemicals in mouth wash over time causes gums to pull away from teeth a little. I noticed it with my gums.

I use a mixture of coconut oil and diluted baking soda as tooth paste. I add Turmeric from time to time.

When flossing, I spray Hydrogen Peroxide on the floss to kill bacteria.

Seniors and people who have bad teeth and gums should consider visiting a Periodontist for a periodic, deep root scraping. It’s well documented that bacteria build up on the roots can leak into the blood stream and cause illness and even heart attacks. A regular cleaning by a dentist does not clean the roots. Over the years, foods get pushed down in areas the dentist can’t reach.

For those who don’t live here the above cleaning is very cheap compared to other countries. So get it done here as well as annual physical checkups.

Most seniors say, "I didn’t expect to live this long." "Had I know, I would have taken better care of myself!"

The best investment you can make is maintaining your gums and teeth. If you disagree, price out what happens when you lose them….

If you disagree with the above, start saving your money now for the future as you will need all of it!

It took me 69 years to learn all of the above. Glad I did. No dentures or bridges here….clap2.gif

Get one of these electrical tooth brushes, not the cheap ones which use batteries, but the rechargeable ones. You can buy a set of brushes for them that are not too soft.

At at one time you could buy them at M/S in Bangkok, but not sure about now. There is always Ebay.

according to my dental technician sister good oral hygiene is a combination of flossing (to remove food remnants between your teeth) and brushing with a soft brush to clean the surface of your teeth without damaging your gums.

and NOT eating anything that contains refined sugar!

as a post - war german my teeth are crap (due to the unsuitable diet of my mother), not one without filling, crown or root canal.

now that i have less of them, and i stick to my sisters advice, things seem to have settled down.

according to my dental technician sister good oral hygiene is a combination of flossing (to remove food remnants between your teeth) and brushing with a soft brush to clean the surface of your teeth without damaging your gums.

and NOT eating anything that contains refined sugar!

as a post - war german my teeth are crap (due to the unsuitable diet of my mother), not one without filling, crown or root canal.

now that i have less of them, and i stick to my sisters advice, things seem to have settled down.

Don't know about flossing, always seemed like a PIA, but i would agree with you and your sister on the refined sugar, I avoid it like the plague where I can. My teeth are pretty much OK, a couple of fillings from when I was a kid, that have now disappeared, but with no bad effects. A couple of half teeth that got broken over the years but no major problems.

I just find that these soft toothbrushes do not feel like they do anything.

I used to like a hard brush and Eucryl Smokers Toothpowder, it deep cleaned the enamel like a scouring pad!

I don't visit the dentist anymore (25 years or more) after my experience back in the UK with two Iranian dentist brothers who tried to extract 4 wisdom teeth that grew in sideways. (under the gum at a 90 degree angle to where they should have been)

They pumped enough numbing medication into my gums it would have numbed a horse, the teeth were below the gums so they went in with a chisel and tried to crack them in half to extract them. They got two out but left two broken and shattered in my gums. It involved two dentists and a nurse, one dentist climbing on my chest in the chair trying to lever the broken teeth out of my mouth. After two hours they gave up, stitched my mouth up and sent me to the dental hospital - They even left half a foot of stitching thread hanging out of my mouth,

The dental hospital were really efficient BUTCHERS, they used trainee dentists, that obviously had no idea what pain was, but they got the shattered teeth out all the same, I looked like the Elephant man for two weeks!

Never been back to these sadists ever again.

Edited by Generalchaos

I bought an electric Oral-B toothbrush from Boots, they are fantastic. The bristles are very tough so you should like them. If you 'don't know about flossing' or don't want to get into it, you can buy Oral-B toothbrush heads with a 'flossing' action - they have four yellow bristles that floss between your teeth, they are excellent.

I bought an electric Oral-B toothbrush from Boots, they are fantastic. The bristles are very tough so you should like them. If you 'don't know about flossing' or don't want to get into it, you can buy Oral-B toothbrush heads with a 'flossing' action - they have four yellow bristles that floss between your teeth, they are excellent.

I shouldn't complain too much about Thailand, when i lived and worked in China it seemed like most people simply smeared excrement on their teeth before leaving for work everyday, some of them had more plaque than teeth, you could have scraped it off and fed a small town.

What!!! a f#####g tooth brushcheesy.gif seriously??.There are a million other things that the OP could be looking for but he has to get us all on the hook for a poxy tooth brushcheesy.gif I dont believe that so many TV posters actually took this seriously.

Where to get a decent curry or a nice looking bird,or the coldest beer.many other things,but you all went for trying to help him get a decent F###### toothbrush.

i dont believe it.

I would have thought better of you lot.A tree twig and some paste will do as well as anything.

Even 7-11 has medium tooth brushes.... However with no online shopping you have to extract your finger from your rectum and go and get them.

Pardon

He said "Even 7-11 has medium tooth brushes.... However with no online shopping you have to extract your finger from your rectum and go and get them."