Mayor announces Pattaya Projection Plan Feedback

rooster59

Mayor announces Pattaya Projection Plan Feedback

post-247607-0-54532100-1465689601_thumb.

PATTAYA: On 10 June 2016, at Thappraya Convention Hall, Pattaya City Hall, Chonburi Mr. Ittiphol Khunpleum Pattaya City Mayor announced feedback from the Improvement Project during 2012-2015, to over1,000 members of the audience.

In the event, there were video slides showing the successful results during 2012-2015 and exhibited the board and members of Pattaya Council over the past 4 years.

The plan was to support 4 criteria, Economic, Society, Environmental and Natural Resources and Culture.

Mr. Khunpleum said that in the last 4 years he has been following the plan “Together to Balancing Stability”and conducted 5 Cores, 7 Builds, 13 Strategies, 4 Policies, and campaigns such as, “We do it for real, We have done it”

for example:

1. The City of Opportunity: Pattaya would be a hub for Tourism and Business, leading city in Asian countries. Also it is a city that links the Eastern areas to the world including the International Airport U-Tapao, Port, International Passenger Terminal and Railway Speed Train
2.The Benefit Society: Pattaya has teamed up with other 37 divisions working 24 hours for 365 days and there is the hotline 1337 to promote Tourism.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/community/225199/mayor-announces-projection-plan-improve-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-12

The Green Tourism Destination: Pattaya has worked to return the balance to the ecosystem i.e Pattaya Beach and Koh Larn. Also maintained Mangrove Forests so that Pattaya would be the “Clean and Livable City” in the Eastern Part of Thailand

Which Pattaya is this?

I thought there is only one.

Unbelievable how this official can spread such rubbish which can't be further from reality than anything.

Green, clean, ecosystem?

Where does he have those foreign words from blink.png

If you think politicians in your country are the biggest babblers, rethink!

Edited by KhunBENQ

I always learnt as a International Production Director of a large British Group that "The Buck Stops Here". In Thailand every problem is either ignored or passed down to the lowest possible level.

I have lived here in Pattaya for the last 15 years and am slowly learning to bite my tongue at the ongoing string of admin disasters by this Pattaya and its playboy Mayor. I could list countless mistakes, disasters and pure immature and amateurish mistakes they have made, and the countless millions of baht they have cost the people of Pattaya.

Some people say that much of this disastrous administration is because Pattaya has grown so quickly and ALL of the management personnel are way beyond their capabilities, training and experience.

So when I read all these 'wonderful achievements ' the Mayor and his lackeys say they have achieved, I would like to sit down opposite them and show all the waste money, hysterically stupid decisions and outright mistakes they have achieved in this same period of time. They would add up to tens of millions of baht than they have saved. But the Thai people just would not understand basic management, and so just sit there and listen to what these amateurs push out.

I thought they were referring to psychological projection: "a form of defense in which unwanted feelings are displaced onto another person, where they then appear as a threat from the external world. A common form of projection occurs when an individual, threatened by his own angry feelings, accuses another of harbouring hostile thoughts. personality."

I always learnt as a International Production Director of a large British Group that "The Buck Stops Here". In Thailand every problem is either ignored or passed down to the lowest possible level.

I have lived here in Pattaya for the last 15 years and am slowly learning to bite my tongue at the ongoing string of admin disasters by this Pattaya and its playboy Mayor. I could list countless mistakes, disasters and pure immature and amateurish mistakes they have made, and the countless millions of baht they have cost the people of Pattaya.

Some people say that much of this disastrous administration is because Pattaya has grown so quickly and ALL of the management personnel are way beyond their capabilities, training and experience.

So when I read all these 'wonderful achievements ' the Mayor and his lackeys say they have achieved, I would like to sit down opposite them and show all the waste money, hysterically stupid decisions and outright mistakes they have achieved in this same period of time. They would add up to tens of millions of baht than they have saved. But the Thai people just would not understand basic management, and so just sit there and listen to what these amateurs push out.

I think you are underestimating the Thai people of Pattaya a bit.

Quite a few I speak to are fed up with the piles of rubbish that have got completly out of control, especially over the last 12 months.

And even more are very sceptical of why a three year construction of a tunnel was required when a simple overpass would have cost an eighth of the price, have taken a third as long to build and which would have actually been better for traffic flow. Being stuck in traffic everyday has given them a lot of time to think about and see these things.

People are not as scared to protest/complain anymore,eg the thepprassit rubbish pile, the four year delay for the pedestrian footbridge over Sukhumvit etc etc

If the army come next week as rumored, there are plenty of locals with a list of complaints ready to go.

there were video slides showing the successful results during 2012-2015

Wonder why they are not published for all to see?

"Photo shopping" not up to being scrutineered by TV members ??? gigglem.gif

Edited by Basil B

A poster above makes a good point about Thai complainants. In the past the city was full of tourists, transient Thais and many of the more 'elite' residents were connected in some way to the mass free for all corruption bun fight that Pattaya has become, so nobody with much clout ever complained about anything.

Now, since the Bangkok floods, more Bangkok people live here, even only on weekends. They're wealthy, unconnected to Pattaya's scam elite, and they're unhappy with a lot of what they see.

Quite a few I speak to are fed up with the piles of rubbish that have got completly out of control, especially over the last 12 months.

And even more are very sceptical of why a three year construction of a tunnel was required when a simple overpass would have cost an eighth of the price, have taken a third as long to build and which would have actually been better for traffic flow. Being stuck in traffic everyday has given them a lot of time to think about and see these things.

People are not as scared to protest/complain anymore,eg the thepprassit rubbish pile, the four year delay for the pedestrian footbridge over Sukhumvit etc etc

If the army come next week as rumored, there are plenty of locals with a list of complaints ready to go.

Army doesn't come next week,...................they're here for weeks already.

Go have a look at the ground floor of City Hall.There are lots of them

Army doesn't come next week,...................they're here for weeks already.

Go have a look at the ground floor of City Hall.There are lots of them

Ah. I thought the recent flurry of activity was because they were trying to get things in order before they arrived.

But it looks like it is is BECAUSE they have arrived.

Good.

The Green Tourism Destination: Pattaya has worked to return the balance to the ecosystem i.e Pattaya Beach and Koh Larn. Also maintained Mangrove Forests so that Pattaya would be the “Clean and Livable City” in the Eastern Part of Thailand

Which Pattaya is this?

I thought there is only one.

I was trying to get Pattaya weather the other day on my phone and was asked which one; Thailand or Myanmar.

Try this: http://www.accuweather.com/en/mm/pattaya/1430723/weather-forecast/1430723

Yeah, protect ecosystem, right, got that. Destruction of Jomtien beach environment guess doesn't count: all the shade trees that also anchored the beach, etc. Perhaps if they took a vow: "First, do no harm". You want more envelopes, fine. Just don't make things worse under the guise of "improvements".