My experience with Net X (CsLoxInfo) ISP (so far, so good)

ethaniel

I am a techie, who just moved to Bangkok. Our condo had multiple providers but I decided to go for NetX since they gave 30 days of free testing.

I went for the 36mb down / 6mb up line which costs 999 baht per month.

They installed it within 1 day, it is a VDSL line and the wifi router is included.

The ping overhead to first hop is OK, 20 ms average:

64 bytes from 203.146.93.13: icmp_seq=19 ttl=254 time=18.457 ms
64 bytes from 203.146.93.13: icmp_seq=20 ttl=254 time=18.308 ms
64 bytes from 203.146.93.13: icmp_seq=21 ttl=254 time=20.952 ms
64 bytes from 203.146.93.13: icmp_seq=22 ttl=254 time=18.911 ms
64 bytes from 203.146.93.13: icmp_seq=23 ttl=254 time=20.290 ms
International connectivity is good (280ms ping to Moscow, 210ms to Los Angeles, 320ms to London).
Torrents are OK (not being throttled).
I am happy so far. Hope this helps someone.
Oh, 2.4 GHz wifi is not good in Condos. I sometimes get ping jumps to 1000ms for around 5 seconds which distorts calls, downloads, makes pages load slower.
I suggest investing into a proper 5 GHz router - that should help, since 5Ghz doesn't overlap with microwaves, etc.
Edited by ethaniel

Good to see CSLoxinfo are still able to make happy customers. I have kind of a special link to them and they seemed to have almost disappeared from the home Internet market

CSCOMS and Loxinfo were the pioneer companies for the home Internet in Thailand. They later merged as CSLoxinfo but this merger hasn't been quite a success story IMO.

What microwaves would you be expecting around the 5GHz band? I cant think of any that would interfere. That of course is what spectrum management is for. When you say to get a 5 GHz router I assume you mean one that complies to the "ac" standard. Probably be good to get a multi standard one 802.11 with a/b/g/n/ac compatibility. Belkin make some decent ones and so to TP Link and Linksys

Edited by gandalf12

What microwaves would you be expecting around the 5GHz band? I cant think of any that would interfere. That of course is what spectrum management is for. When you say to get a 5 GHz router I assume you mean one that complies to the "ac" standard. Probably be good to get a multi standard one 802.11 with a/b/g/n/ac compatibility. Belkin make some decent ones and so to TP Link and Linksys

It's the 2.4GHz band that has interference from microwaves etc.