Euro 2016: Briton ‘fighting for his life’ following third day of violence in Marseille

webfact

You have just got to love football, brings out the best in people, especially the British.

Have a look at the football hooliganism in Europe. East Europe, Netherlands, Germany, the Italian Ultras, the Greeks etc etc,

Go on educate yourself if you are interested in the subject matter. Or carry on trolling if that's your game.

The English hooligans are also the most vociferous when it comes to bemoaning the negative influence of certain ethnic groups. whistling.gif

Personally, I recommend that the English, Russians and all the other hooligans be rounded up, put into a large cage, given sticks and told to sort it out.

Good solution.

We could even bet on it.

If the numbers were fairly even I know who I would be betting on.

the Russians and other East Europeans hooligans would love to... its what they train for.

search in Youtube and Google for the term Ustawka and you will see

Thanks for the tip.

Clip after clip of complete madness. Those cops have some balls.

The links eventually lead me to "English hooligans 2016".

I was interested to see how they would go against the Russians and Poles, so I clicked on.

Unfortunately it was just clip after clip of English hooligans fighting other English hooligans at English games.

No foreigners necessary.

It then occurred to me that we often many posters on thaivisa strongly condemn Thai school kids having a bit of biffo after school.

But these farang soccer fans are not kids, many look over 40. The Thai kids grow out of it, it seems the farangs don't.

Another thing that occurred to me is the Thai kids never wreck public property, while these farang adults destroy government property and peoples personal businesses and cars etc.

It really is nice living in Buddhist Thailand with the sensible people here, delicious food, great weather and feminine, petite women. I am happy to leave farangland with the idiots, tasteless food, cold weather and the beefy, angry farang women to the farangs.

Lovely people these Thais.

Especially the English, you mean.

I apologize, it does seem that the rest of the UK can behave in a civilized manner. I remember some years ago i sat with my sister in a German bier garden in Baveria and watched England play Germany on a large screen set up in the bier garden, We both speak fluent German so we weren't conspicuous. When the English team scored a goal we cheered and laughed which caused a large group of Germans on the next table to look at us puzzled, one man came over and asked us why. We told him we were British and were immediately invited to join them at there table where they even bought drinks for us, how different from England i thought, there we would probably have received a smack in the teeth

Well whoopee do! I once watched Rangers play Panathanaikos in a Greek restaurant in Germany. After enjoying a nice meal, plenty of wine and ouzo they didn't want to give us a bill. We were regular customers at least once or twice a week with clients. In Romania I watched a cup quarter final between two local rival teams. Fans started firing fireworks at each other and the place filled with riot police. In Germany I stayed in a hotel just after England and Sweden played in the world cup there. Owner told me, a regular, that fans from both teams had stayed there, behaved perfectly and breakfasted together the morning after the match. She also slagged off the German fans for their behavior.

We've all got stories good and bad. But let's not pretend.

I apologize, it does seem that the rest of the UK can behave in a civilized manner. I remember some years ago i sat with my sister in a German bier garden in Baveria and watched England play Germany on a large screen set up in the bier garden, We both speak fluent German so we weren't conspicuous. When the English team scored a goal we cheered and laughed which caused a large group of Germans on the next table to look at us puzzled, one man came over and asked us why. We told him we were British and were immediately invited to join them at there table where they even bought drinks for us, how different from England i thought, there we would probably have received a smack in the teeth

Well whoopee do! I once watched Rangers play Panathanaikos in a Greek restaurant in Germany. After enjoying a nice meal, plenty of wine and ouzo they didn't want to give us a bill. We were regular customers at least once or twice a week with clients. In Romania I watched a cup quarter final between two local rival teams. Fans started firing fireworks at each other and the place filled with riot police. In Germany I stayed in a hotel just after England and Sweden played in the world cup there. Owner told me, a regular, that fans from both teams had stayed there, behaved perfectly and breakfasted together the morning after the match. She also slagged off the German fans for their behavior.

We've all got stories good and bad. But let's not pretend.

The English hooligans are also the most vociferous when it comes to bemoaning the negative influence of certain ethnic groups. whistling.gif

Personally, I recommend that the English, Russians and all the other hooligans be rounded up, put into a large cage, given sticks and told to sort it out.

Good solution.

We could even bet on it.

the Russians and other East Europeans hooligans would love to... its what they train for.

Thanks for the tip.

I was interested to see how they would go against the Russians and Poles, so I clicked on.

Unfortunately it was just clip after clip of English hooligans fighting other English hooligans at English games.

No foreigners necessary.

It then occurred to me that we often many posters on thaivisa strongly condemn Thai school kids having a bit of biffo after school.

But these farang soccer fans are not kids, many look over 40. The Thai kids grow out of it, it seems the farangs don't.

Another thing that occurred to me is the Thai kids never wreck public property, while these farang adults destroy government property and peoples personal businesses and cars etc.

It really is nice living in Buddhist Thailand with the sensible people here, delicious food, great weather and feminine, petite women. I am happy to leave farangland with the idiots, tasteless food, cold weather and the beefy, angry farang women to the farangs.

Did you miss the clips on the violence at some Thai League matches and internationals?

Enjoy it while you can. How anyone can live in Pattaya beats me. You must have some balls. One of the last places I'd want my kids growing up in and certainly not representative of Thailand, as some like to pretend.

Good solution.

We could even bet on it.

Thanks for the tip.

No foreigners necessary.

Did you miss the clips on the violence at some Thai League matches and internationals?

Enjoy it while you can. How anyone can live in Pattaya beats me. You must have some balls. One of the last places I'd want my kids growing up in and certainly not representative of Thailand, as some like to pretend.

Which version are you reading ?

Inside the Stade Velodrome, towards the end of the tie, rivalry turned into riots as Russia supporters appeared to throw projectiles at England fans.

They then seemed to rush at the opposing supporters causing some to scramble over the perimeter fence

Lol

Canopus is reading the English press version.

The same English press that conveniately forgot to report the Owens pushing, punching and slapping but quoted an "unnamed source" who allegedly claimed that a Thai racist group was out hunting farangs that day.

The English press give their readers what they want to hear, they never let facts get in the way of a good story, and never have.

I wonder what the Russian press version is.

They are talking about kicking Russia and England out of the tournament because of their childish behaiviour.

A bit like when two children are fighting over the same toy, just take it off them to try and teach a lesson. Nothing else will work.

Send them home so the civilized nations can enjoy a sporting contest in peace.

Guess you conveniently missed the news that showed the Russian fans starting by throwing things at the English fans, then charging through the woeful security to assault them? Most English fans, apart from the nutters, were trying to get out the way.

Russia has an appalling record of football violence this century. Watch out when their fans come across fans from Germany, Ukraine, etc.

Which version are you reading ?

Inside the Stade Velodrome, towards the end of the tie, rivalry turned into riots as Russia supporters appeared to throw projectiles at England fans.

They then seemed to rush at the opposing supporters causing some to scramble over the perimeter fence

Lol

Canopus is reading the English press version.

The same English press that conveniately forgot to report the Owens pushing, punching and slapping but quoted an "unnamed source" who allegedly claimed that a Thai racist group was out hunting farangs that day.

The English press give their readers what they want to hear, they never let facts get in the way of a good story, and never have.

I wonder what the Russian press version is.

They are talking about kicking Russia and England out of the tournament because of their childish behaiviour.

A bit like when two children are fighting over the same toy, just take it off them to try and teach a lesson. Nothing else will work.

Send them home so the civilized nations can enjoy a sporting contest in peace.

Guess you conveniently missed the news that showed the Russian fans starting by throwing things at the English fans, then charging through the woeful security to assault them? Most English fans, apart from the nutters, were trying to get out the way.

Russia has an appalling record of football violence this century. Watch out when their fans come across fans from Germany, Ukraine, etc.

Yeah, a lot of these types in Pattaya.

They are to be avoided, I prefer to hang out with Thai males.who are a lot more intelligent and much better company.

Your still in troll mode I see.

Have you never been to Pattaya?

Or are you just in denial?

My post is the truth.

I never see Thais behaving like this when guests in other people's countries.

Bloody idiots. Someone needs to show them some manners and respect.

Defend them all you want mate.

Your usual anti British bias?

Go on YouTube and look at all the Aussie piss heads brawling away. Plenty to choose from.

How many countries have you visited and observed Thais behaving in?

Pattaya attracts groups of boozers and whore chasers from all over. And you really want to believe they all behave perfectly apart from the British who you hate for whatever bitter chip you carry? And you think others are in denial. Sad really.

I am not anti British. No chip.

The thread is about British and Russians causing trouble, not Aussies or Thais.

Aussies do fight, but never like this at Aussie rules or League matches. A fight might break out occassionly but it is very different to these people who are looking to fight, week after week. We go to the footy to watch the game mate.

It doesn't happen in Australia and it doesn't happen in Thailand. It doesn't happen in America.

It seems to be an European/ English trait.

The English are very critical of Thai behaiviour on Thaivisa. They really do single out the Thai males with some outrageous generalizations.

Maybe they should get their own house in order first.

I could imagine how posters here would carry on if Thais behaved like this abroad. It would be a thaivisa outrage, just look at the amount of pages that were dedicated to the four Thai youths that got into the scuffle with the Owens.

Fair is fair mate.

God bless the Queen.

I don't pretend that Pattaya is representative of Thailand at all.

Pattaya is the City of Lovers. Nowhere else like it on earth.

There is no need to turn this thread into a Pattaya bashing thread.

Wine, women and song. It is not really for the kids, even though the first time I came as an eight year old I did enjoy myself.

It is a bit more exclusive and up market than the more down to earth areas, but there are plenty of nice cheaper places to live in Thailand if that's your thing.

My mum prefers Samui, Dad prefers Phuket.

A great country Thailand, something for everyone.

And lovely people these Thais.

Edited by Roomuck

Soccer, (football), is a game devised by the poor, uneducated people of the planet.

It was actually devised by some of the richest, best educated people on the planet:

From Wikipedia (The History of Association Football: "The first set of football rules was drawn up at the University of Cambridge in 1848 ... at a meeting attended by representatives from Eton, Harrow, Shrewsbury, Rugby and Winchester schools, though they were not universally adopted.

We all hope that Wales will knock England out of Euro so all the English supporters can go home. But lets keep the Welsh , Scottish and Irish. They know how to support their team in a positive way.

We all hope that Wales will knock England out of Euro so all the English supporters can go home. But lets keep the Welsh , Scottish and Irish. They know how to support their team in a positive way.

What group are the Scottish in? And when do they play.

Edited by nontabury

Yeah, a lot of these types in Pattaya.

They are to be avoided, I prefer to hang out with Thai males.who are a lot more intelligent and much better company.

Your still in troll mode I see.

Have you never been to Pattaya?

Or are you just in denial?

My post is the truth.

I never see Thais behaving like this when guests in other people's countries.

Bloody idiots. Someone needs to show them some manners and respect.

Defend them all you want mate.

because of course, the streets of the UK are filled with lao kao swilling issan brained thai tourists high on yaba and out to see the cathedrals....