Australian Consulate opens in Phuket

webfact

Australian Consulate opens in Phuket
The Phuket News

1465795282_2236-org.jpg
The Australian Consulate-General in Phuket is located on the 6th Floor of the CCM Complex at 77/77 Chalermprakiat Rama 9 Road (the bypass road).

PHUKET: -- The Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Julie Bishop, today (June 13) announced the opening of Australian Consulate-General in Phuket with jurisdiction throughout the provinces of Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga.

“As part of the largest expansion of Australia’s diplomatic network in 40 years, the new Consulate-General will serve an important role in providing consular and passport services to Australians in Phuket and the neighbouring provinces of Krabi and Phang Nga,” said Ms Bishop in a statement issued today.

“Around 900,000 Australians visit Thailand each year, with approximately a third of our visitors travelling to Phuket,” she added.

The Consulate-General in Phuket will open to visitors tomorrow (June 14).

The newly launched website for the Phuket Consulate (click here), notes, “We offer Passport Services for Australian citizens, Document Legalisation and Notarial Services and general Consular Assistance. For further details please see the “Services for Australians” (click here.)

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/australian-consulate-opens-in-phuket-57847.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-13

More snouts in the Foreign Affairs Department trough for Australian taxpayers to feed. On the other hand the same Liberal Party float the idea of taking away pensions from Australian pensioners who live overseas. The consulate will be useless if that happens.

More snouts in the Foreign Affairs Department trough for Australian taxpayers to feed. On the other hand the same Liberal Party float the idea of taking away pensions from Australian pensioners who live overseas. The consulate will be useless if that happens.

I believe you live in Bangkok and, if you are an Australian, no doubt have found the Embassy there to be convenient for passport or notarial services.

As a Phuket resident, I am very happy that the Consulate-General has finally opened here, so I can avail myself to the services that I used to have to travel to the capital to access.

I don't know what assistance, if any, the Embassy, or a Consulate, normally provides for pensioner payments.

I do share your disgust with the Liberal party in Australia and their selective funding cuts particularly with the overseas tv service.

Both major parties seem to have it in for anyone who chooses to retire overseas and see us as a target for budget cuts.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't in some people's eyes I guess. Your signature does seem to sum up your attitude though.

I would love it if my Embassy even bothered to do an outlook, never mind set up a consulate- the HonCon has been emasculated and can do very little.