Gold Futures Regain Popularity in Thailand

Gold Futures Regain Popularity in Thailand
BY JACOB MASLOW

bigstock-Gold-Wealth-Graph-Arrow-4617698

BANGKOK: -- Gold futures in Thailand are regaining popularity as investor confidence in the precious metal increases. The price of gold has increased 20% this year, causing a boom in Thailand’s gold future contracts.

Data from the Thailand Future Exchange (TFEX) through June 9 points to 9,859 contracts traded daily on metal futures. This is a level last seen in 2012 and accounts for 4.1% of TFEX’s total. TFEX suspended all silver futures in July 2014, leading to paper gold contracts being the only metal products on the TFEX.

Gold futures have two contract types: 10-baht weight and 50-baht weight.

Metal futures hit record highs on the exchange in 2011, with an average of 16,679 contracts traded per day. The contracts in 2011 accounted for 40.1% of all traded contracts on the exchange. The average daily contracts fell to 6,015 last year, accounting for just 3% of the exchange’s total trading volume.

Full story: https://ethailand.com/business-news/gold-futures-regain-popularity-thailand/2867/

-- eThailand 2016-06-14

Metal futures hit record highs on the exchange in 2011, with an average of 16,679 contracts traded per day.

That's still a fairly thinly traded market for a paper gold product. Getting in may be easy, but getting out could be a problem.

If you want to own gold, but the real thing.

Initial price limit is +10% from the latest settlement price. Should traded price reach the limit, trading will be halted for a certain period announced by TFEX. After trading resumes, the price limit will be expanded to +20% of the latest settlement price.

Metal futures hit record highs on the exchange in 2011, with an average of 16,679 contracts traded per day.

That's still a fairly thinly traded market for a paper gold product. Getting in may be easy, but getting out could be a problem.

If you want to own gold, but the real thing.

Initial price limit is +10% from the latest settlement price. Should traded price reach the limit, trading will be halted for a certain period announced by TFEX. After trading resumes, the price limit will be expanded to +20% of the latest settlement price.

Yes I agree own the real thing. All this paper gold and silver is just another way to stretch the physical aspect of gold to the greed of investors. Its like an I.O.U or the paper money in your wallet. The paper would be in real trouble if everyone holding it came in to redeem it for the physical metal. Bob's your uncle in this case and gold would skyrocket in price. Paper gold is just one of the many tools to dilute the gold market along with crooked central banks, the Fed and others who hate competition for their increasingly useless paper currency. The Fed talking hawkish one day and dovish the next really ying yangs the gold market. Then there are the gold doomsayers analysts (dime a dozen) that talk down gold you can watch them on CNBC and other "financial" channels. There is a war on gold by those that have big interests in paper currency which is most of the money circulating today. They hate the truth. The gold market is a small market and easily manipulated till it no longer can be.

my girl has given up on asking for cash and now wants me to invest in gold, for her. i am not so sure it is a good investment however.

Obviously not for you. Gold is transportable. Safety deposit boxes hard to get. Once she has enough accumulated well last one leaving the building turn out the lights.

my girl has given up on asking for cash and now wants me to invest in gold, for her. i am not so sure it is a good investment however.

Obviously not for you. Gold is transportable. Safety deposit boxes hard to get. Once she has enough accumulated well last one leaving the building turn out the lights.

i said i will not buy her any until she finishes raising our 2 kids. for now she can buy her own gold if she has any money left over from her monthly allowance.

i said i will not buy her any until she finishes raising our 2 kids. for now she can buy her own gold if she has any money left over from her monthly allowance.

Surely the warning signs were there before you became a parent.

i am sure they were but thankfully i did not see them and now i have 2 great kids. their mother is completely devoted to them and does a great job raising them on a modest but fair salary.

I won't get into the debate right now, but,,

the internet has gone ''viral'' (sorry i hate that word) with articles regarding the

subject of gold and silver,, the bet is on silver (as i've mentioned before) and

we are talking about bullion, nothing else, not coins, or paper, beware as the

interest in both metals increases so will scams, buy from reputable suppliers

like The Perth Mint and,,, Ainslie Bullion.

Now start reading

https://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/Home.aspx

On Another Subject

Do you know this man,

post-141778-0-10896600-1465920805_thumb.

His name is Rene Rivkin (RIP) i knew him, he was a stockbroker, a very

wealthy individual always in the spotlight, a personality known by everyone,

towards the end of his life many anomalies surfaced,, i will discuss one of them.

Mr Rivkin was a TV personality who amongst other things gave financial advice

on various forms the media, during this time the internet was picking up speed

and he began promoting his financial advice through a newsletter, a subscription

newsletter both print and digital,, '' The Rivkin Report '' people began buying and

selling shares by the advice given by '' The Rivkin Report '',, getting back to that

anomaly, it was revealed that Mr Rivkin would advise his followers to buy stock

(shares) in the XYZ company, it was later revealed that he owned those junk

shares and that he made millions and the average punter lost a lot. It was also

during the time of the first release of the Telstra shares, any Australians here still

have those shares, still waiting for the price to rise.

Ladies and gentleman we live in a society that is changing and money is shrinking,

if you read a statement, eg; buy sesame seeds, the price will skyrocket, then ask

yourself, why? follow your gut feeling and inquire, any losses made today will be

really hard to re coup in the future,,, good luck,, invest well.