Orlando shooter’s father: “I condemn what he did”

webfact

Orlando shooter’s father: “I condemn what he did”

606x341_335504.jpg

PORT ST. LUCIE, FL: -- What drove Omar Mateen to commit the worst mass shooting in US history?

Mental illness? Radicalisation? Homophobia? Or a combination of all three?

As the debate continues, the mass murderer’s father has said he can’t forgive his son.

Afghan-born Seddique Mateen is a fringe political commentator whose posts on social media have been making their own headlines since Sunday’s tragedy.

Describing his son’s actions as those of a “terrorist”, he said: “I condemn what he did”.

“I wish I did know …what he was doing… I would have arrested him myself.”

And to those mourning loved ones killed by Omar Mateen, he said:

“I apologise for what my son did and I am as sad and as mad as you guys are. You are my family.”

Mateen’s father, speaking at his home in Port St. Lucie, Florida, has said his son was not radicalised but he indicated the gunman had strong anti-gay feelings. The shooter’s ex-wife has described him as mentally unstable and violent toward her.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-14

And the father would of known about his sons violent streak towards the ex-wife, this guy was a ticking time bomb

spousal violence aint all that uncommon

Not denying that, only the father would of seen things in his don that others wouldn't.

Normally people that feel so much 'anger' towards gays are normally hiding something themselves.

My bet is that Omar spent his fair share of time on his knees at his local gay beat and he just couldn't accept responsibility for his own actions and decided he'd make others suffer for it.

He was probably a lousy homosexual lover, he'd previously been rejected by women and the small creatures he kept forcing himself on kept committing suicide.

Completely rejected by everyone he lashed out on what he perceived to be the easiest targets. There's probably a box full of dead gerbils under his bed.

And the father would of known about his sons violent streak towards the ex-wife, this guy was a ticking time bomb

Not denying that, only the father would of seen things in his don that others wouldn't.

Normally people that feel so much 'anger' towards gays are normally hiding something themselves.

My bet is that Omar spent his fair share of time on his knees at his local gay beat and he just couldn't accept responsibility for his own actions and decided he'd make others suffer for it.

He was probably a lousy homosexual lover, he'd previously been rejected by women and the small creatures he kept forcing himself on kept committing suicide.

Completely rejected by everyone he lashed out on what he perceived to be the easiest targets. There's probably a box full of dead gerbils under his bed.

i see your taking psych 101 again. dont give up your day job just yet tho. you aint ready for primetime

You might be on to something. I'm sure we all recall a certain television preacher that had a world wide ministry. He was continuously preaching against prostitution until he got caught partaking in it himself.

i see your taking psych 101 again. dont give up your day job just yet tho. you aint ready for primetime

I was probably doing this before you were even a 'wad' in your old mans sack.

No 101 needed.

;)

Linked by 55Jay on a parallel topic:

REPORT: Orlando shooter was a regular at the gay nightclub he attacked, used multiple gay dating apps

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-orlando-nightclub-shooter-visited-222620444.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

You might be on to something. I'm sure we all recall a certain television preacher that had a world wide ministry. He was continuously preaching against prostitution until he got caught partaking in it himself.

lets not forget bill cosby, the respected family man who allegedly drudged and raped many.

REPORT: Orlando shooter was a regular at the gay nightclub he attacked, used multiple gay dating apps

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-orlando-nightclub-shooter-visited-222620444.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

TOLD YA's So !

I'm on fire !

TOLD YA's So !

I'm on fire !

Some people here think I'm just a crazy old fool but the truth is I'm nuttier than that .

This guy was using gay dating apps and was a regular at the club. My bet now is this was a revenge attack because nobody there wanted to get freaky with him.

He'd tried women, men, even his blow up goat ran away and being a bully and a thug he couldn't help himself, he's going to punish the world.

What a douchebag.

Probably a combo of several factors. Sounds like he had some conflicting issues.

"Yep, somebody sure cut through that fence, alright." - Stan Freberg

In my view his father is a liar and/or in complete denial. What choice does he have under the circumstances?

If reports of his Taliban support are true, he should be deported to Afghanistan so he can be more effective.

Edited by MaxYakov

Probably a combo of several factors. Sounds like he had some conflicting issues.

Ya think?

As opposed to laying it all on his religious beliefs. Or solely on his emotional problems. Or gun control issues. Or whatever single cause some wish to highlight/disregard.

So what was jumped on by the media as an ISIS, terrorist attack by a extremist Muslim, turns out to be instead a attack by a gay American on other gay Americans.

Trump used this to justify his ban Muslims in the US. Looks like he will have to ban gays now instead

So what was jumped on by the media as an ISIS, terrorist attack by a extremist Muslim, turns out to be instead a attack by a gay American on other gay Americans.

Trump used this to justify his ban Muslims in the US. Looks like he will have to ban gays now instead

Not an either/or thing.

With the religion of peace coming out is somewhat problematic. Shame the killer didn't have the son and Pop chat resulting in him being thrown off a tall building and no fifty victims as a result.

Sounds exactly like the plot of a repeat CSI episode aired on Tv last week

Edited by bamukloy

First time I've ever agreed with Neverdie, this looks like a gay in turmoil at his own leanings and their conflict with his own religious beliefs. So kill all those who represent the cause of this dilemma, ie gays.

You've got to give up those guns American friends, the world is crawling with loonies like this guy and the internet seems to reinforce their fantasies.Your only solution is to ban guns and any civilian caught with one faces life imprisonment.

People with Personal Disorder exists everywhere.

Only in the USA they can take out their problems : guns.

The NRA is the biggest problem outside Trump.

US children playing with guns of the family kill more people

a year than all terrorists.

Think about.

Think about.

You are addressing a completely different issue.

The real problem is radical islam..and the recruitment of people to do their dirty work.

gun laws have nothing to do with it. They have gun laws all over the world ..right?

Yet these things happen in Europe as well.

Lots of strong stuff from the dad.maybe its his way of defending himself that he is secretly pleased to be rid of his son.

No compassion these people.better than having to do the honour killing himself.

If i may put on my Thaivisa psychologist in training hat,id say the father had probably been putting guilt and shame on him for years cause he suspected what the way his son was going.

The father was was probably dis-owning him for being gay,add a, religious condemnation, and indoctrination from the other loonies, it was only a matter of time.

sad state of affairs when you follow a warped doctrine that doesnt even allow acceptance for your own kid

Perhaps "Daddy Dearest" would like to have a long think about his son's upbringing and the religious BS forced on a trusting child. Do you think he got the idea that his wife was a punching bag from soap operas?

Ah yes ! Spare the rod and spoil the child .

Oops!

Thats a Biblical thing !whistling.gif

Think about.

You are addressing a completely different issue.

The real problem is radical islam..and the recruitment of people to do their dirty work.

gun laws have nothing to do with it. They have gun laws all over the world ..right?

Yet these things happen in Europe as well.

Where is the evidence of recruitment. A claim to aspire to radicalism and use that as a deranged reason is not evidence. The profile of this individual indicates a very confused state in which various factors led to the event. It is more likely the fascination of Islamic extremism appealed to his pshyciatric abberation but in the absence of any recruitment. Jumping on the bandwagon of anti Islamic propoganda indicates an identical social weakness.

How long before a gay Christian bombs a Mosque in retakiation? Would that individual now be socially considered a hero?

Beware of anarchy in the so called defence of " Democracy" !