AIS mobile stole my money for apps I did not approve...what to do

Delete all texts you do not understand, and I think better not to have an account and rather use prepaid.

You could transfer the number to another network provider if you feel so angered, that usually gets their attention.

Can prepaid numbers be transferred? didn't know this

Can prepaid numbers be transferred? didn't know this

Yes, both prepaid and post-paid numbers can be ported from one provider to another. Pre-paid is actually a bit easier to do.

You will need the ICCID No. for your SIM.

I have a very old Movistar SIM, large format and there is no No on the SIM. Movistar did eventually tell me the number but we're very reluctant to do so.

I bought the SIM in about 2001.

Is this the number usually printed on the SIM itself?

Yes, but my SIM is about 15 years old.

It was not done then and there was only the one large format too.

I've checked a recent SIM from AIS and it's not printed on this one either, probably because it's a triple-format SIM (mini, micro, nano) which makes it quite difficult.

On the other hand it's almost certainly the number I can see on the credit-card size plastic carrier I detached it from.

Oh, by the way... hi, Garfield wink.png

Edited by Lannig

It is possible that your phone has a default software app(s) which polls the service at regular intervals and thereby drains your account. You should probably go through the settings for each software app to see what's what. Do you have a setting which only allows internet connection when using wi-fi? (PS I have an old Nokia which was draining my account and found that it was whatsapp that was doing the damage. No facility to control this (at least none that I could find) so removed whatsapp and the problem went away)

Edited by SheungWan

• 11 months later...

<BIG BUMP>

Found this thread via Google search for "AIS stealing money". 

I knew my AIS 12Call pre-paid credit was being leeched but last month, for the first time ever, at least that I'm aware of, my available credit was less than zero!  -8.xx.  Huh?

My wife used to have this "money gone" problem with AIS 12Call, so she went into my phone settings and found I was receiving a "service" called Clip VDO.  I've been getting daily SMS messages (In Thai) from them for a long time but never knew why, what it was, or that they were, somehow, bleeding money off my 12Call credit.

Wife stopped the service, I think she did the *138 thing.  My phone then received an SMS from these VDO clowns (in Thai) confirming I was dis-enrolled from their services. The daily SMS stopped as well. Thought I was good to go.

Until today, a few weeks later, checked my credit via *121 and it was -16.xx Baht in the hole this time!  It's just getting worse!  What the F*@$&???  :post-4641-1156693976:

I never looked at AIS website before, didn't think there was anything I could do being a pre-paid customer.  Sure enough, I got logged in and was able to query my account activity.

I saw the previous "VDO" service charges, @  5.35 Baht PER DAY I also saw the *138 action my Mrs. did last month, and no more VDO charges listed after that.  So that worked, but my 12Call credit is still leaking somewhere.

Then I saw I'm being charged for Internet use even though I never, ever turn on Mobile Data.  Looks like 8.56 fee is a baseline charge for 8 "units" when it does happen, some were more.  FWIW, the phone's data use chart shows Zero Mobile Data (because it's always off) but, of course, lots of home Wifi use.

Looking at my phone's Data Usage (Samsung A3(2016)), saw that "Background Services" was toggled On by default, even though Mobile Data is set to Off.  I had to turn Mobile Data on briefly in order to access and toggle Off the Background Services.... then turned Mobile Data back off again. 

Dunno if that's relevant to this issue but will check my account online again over the next day and see if the Internet charges have stopped.  If not, off to the AIS shop.

Included screen shot of the charges. You can see the VDO charges ended 23MAY, and the continuing Internet charges in the section below.  :annoyed: 

Hopefully this info will be useful to anyone new having the same problems and not sure why, where to start looking and moreover, if you're getting the run around from some chuckle head at AIS.

Capture.JPG.3468a036daf13934c18f71469a26b8a4.JPGCapture2.JPG.2030cc9fce6de1c4b3b149315d7bd559.JPG

• 1 month later...

Finally went to the AIS office the other day about the continuing mobile internet charges. ^

The customer service lady told me that even though my mobile data is always switched off, the phone will still ping towers, and that's why I'm being charged. 

She said I had to disable 4G on my phone and from "their" side.  She did some stuff with my phone and tapped away on her computer terminal, then said problem should be fixed.

I don't know what codes she was using but after she was done, I got an AIS SMS saying my mobile internet service had been disabled.  And if I want to re-enable, type in *129*2#.  I didn't return to ask, but seems logical/plausible the disable code is *129*.    Adding a 2 at the end is the re-enable code.....

Edited by 55Jay

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

The customer service lady told me that even though my mobile data is always switched off, the phone will still ping towers, and that's why I'm being charged. 

She said I had to disable 4G on my phone and from "their" side. 

AIS 1-2-Call  --  Account Preferences

*129#        DATA Internet Account Preference STATUS

*129*1#    DATA Internet OFF / Activity Disabled

*129*2#    DATA Internet ON / Activity Enabled

...so, yea, always a good idea to disable BOTH the mobile data on the phone and data on the account -- just to be sure.

2 hours ago, RichCor said:

AIS 1-2-Call  --  Account Preferences

*129#        DATA Internet Account Preference STATUS

*129*1#    DATA Internet OFF / Activity Disabled

*129*2#    DATA Internet ON / Activity Enabled

...so, yea, always a good idea to disable BOTH the mobile data on the phone and data on the account -- just to be sure.

You are always so switched on about this stuff.  Should of asked you loooong time ago.  Thanks again.  

Cheers, 

J