Windows 10 again

I just finished installing the 3 updates on 2 Lenovo laptops....both updated fine. 1 of the 3 updates is the monthly malicious software scanner from MS so it takes a while to run that scan before moving on and installing the remaining two updates.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

N+ nun j

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L22 using Tapatalk

OP, just a couple of things i would look at:

What is the current physical size of your C: drive? If the files are definitely deleted/removed you should see a difference from before the update to now, especially if you are talking video files being among those removed.

Did the update affect any of your 3rd party program installations (MS office, pdf software, etc)?

If your hard drive is partitioned, has this affected any other partitions excluding C: drive?

Have you looked at the event log? (Control panel\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer)

Looking at your update history, which updates were installed? I also updated yesterday (3 x updates) but with no problems, Lenovo notebook, Dell desktop, 64-bit W10 Pro on both.

Edit: Have you checked your User's folder on C:, just to make sure you are not logged into a temp account as seems to have just happened to davejonesbkk as mentioned by MJCM in post #32.

Edit: (again) If you haven't already done this, i would change your View options in Windows Explorer to show hidden files, folders & drives. While you are at that, uncheck the Hide protected operating system files as well, you can always change these back later.

To do this, open Windows Explorer, click on View and then Options (far right on the ribbon). Just click on the icon (and not the down arrow) and this will open a new window. Click on the View tab and run down the list, selecting 'show hidden files, folders & drives' and unchecking 'Hide protected operating system files'.

Click on 'Apply to folders', Apply and OK. As said, you can change these back at a later time.

Good Luck, these are the simpler steps of trouble shooting, shouldn't be ignored......................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

@WhiteChristmas13

Have a look at this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/925313-windows-7-has-updated-on-its-own-not-to-windows-10/

Maybe it's the same thing that happened to you ?

Could very well be. Doing some googling shows this can occur with Win 7, 8 or 10...not an uncommon problem over the years apparently.

https://www.google.co.th/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=after%20windows%20update%20in%20temp%20account

http://appuals.com/best-fix-how-to-fix-temporary-profile-issues-in-windows-10/

Since my upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 I have the problem that the sound of all video (online Youtube or off line VLC) has a stuttering sound.

Many users face this stutter but I still not get a solution and it is too late to revert to Win 7

Could I change the sound card (Realtek) and get a better one ?

fvw53 re your sound problems, have you tried updating your sound and audio drivers ?

Yes I did using Iobit Driver Booster

Windows 10 built-in memory manager differs quite a lot from previous built-in memory managers of other Windows operating systems.

Therefore update not only your driver but also your application to the latest available version.

fvw53 re your sound problems, have you tried updating your sound and audio drivers ?

Yes I did using Iobit Driver Booster

Windows 10 built-in memory manager differs quite a lot from previous built-in memory managers of other Windows operating systems.

Therefore update not only your driver but also your application to the latest available version.

Yes your recommendation worked well and problems have gone ...I hope this is the final word from my side

Thanks to TVF members !