How do you send money back home.

I have to send a payment back to Canada in order to aquire my divorce papers from the courts.

The payment is to be made out the the Minister of Finance.

The payment is only $19.00cad.

I tried to get a money order, couldn't.

I tried to get a cashiers check, couldn't.

I tried to get a bank draft, couldn't.

I can't do a bank to bank transfer as the MOF doesn't allow you to do such a thing.

The only option I currently have is to send cash.

You don't have an account in Canada ? I'm sure you can pay online.....

The woman I spoke to at the Ministry said I cannot pay by credit card or online banking because my payment has to be sent with a letter requesting a copy of my divorce.

I log onto my K-Bank.

Select international Transfer.

Input amount.

Click next.

Input code sent to my phone.

log off.

Takes about a minute.

Ehhh.... no. Not for international payments you don't.

For international payments you have to go to a kasikorn branch, show the invoice and fill out an international transfer form (or fill it in online at k-cyber but you still have to go to the bank to show the invoice). Then you have to wait a few days for the bank of Thailand to approve it.

Edited by PocoLoco

I log onto my K-Bank.

Input amount.

Click next.

log off.

Takes about a minute.

For international payments you have to go to a kasikorn branch, show the invoice and fill out an international transfer form. Then you have to wait a few days for the bank of Thailand to approve it.

Ohh ok.

Last day of every month (paid monthly) I transfer a portion of my salary to my home account... takes less than a minute to click the button and within 3 hours the transfer is in my home account.

Guess I must be paying my bills back home with the flatulence of unicorns.

And you never had to go to a kasikorn branch to get it approved?

Yes it had to be approved (initially) and took a heap of paperwork but now it is set up a transfer is seamless and take no time at all.

Edited by Don Mega

I just logged into kasikorn and get to see this when i choose to do an international transfer.

To Add International Account
Step 1 : Fill in the "Add International Account Request Form" via K-Cyber Banking
Step 2 : Print out the "Add International Account Request Form", submit the form and required documents at any KBank branch convenient to you.
Step 3 : Wait for transaction result via e-mail as stated in the "Add International Account Request Form"

I just logged into kasikorn and get to see this when i choose to do an international transfer.

To Add International Account

Step 1 : Fill in the "Add International Account Request Form" via K-Cyber Banking

Step 2 : Print out the "Add International Account Request Form", submit the form and required documents at any KBank branch convenient to you.

Step 3 : Wait for transaction result via e-mail as stated in the "Add International Account Request Form"

yeah that sounds familiar. been a while though.

Yes it had to be approved (initially) and took a heap of paperwork but now it is set up a transfer is seamless and take no time at all.

What did it take to make it automatic? WP?

What did it take to make it automatic? WP?

Honestly it was that long ago I dont remember.

But yes, I work here and have WP.

A WP wouldn't make much sense. A Thai national has as much trouble as foreigners to transfer money abroad. Same rules apply.

I believe the work permit supports the salary statement as to the source of the money being sent out of Thailand.

Since you refer to Canada as home I presume you maintain a bank account there with at least a small balance for times like these so an international transfer is not required. I left several signed checks with a family member who sends them when and where I want. In fact I prepared a power of attorney to handle anything while I'm away. I find it hard to believe you have no friend or family member that cannot submit that payment for you with a copy of the bill etc via post. You can pay them back via PayPal if they were that hard up for money.

I log onto my K-Bank.

Input amount.

Click next.

log off.

Takes about a minute.

For international payments you have to go to a kasikorn branch, show the invoice and fill out an international transfer form. Then you have to wait a few days for the bank of Thailand to approve it.

Ohh ok.

Last day of every month (paid monthly) I transfer a portion of my salary to my home account... takes less than a minute to click the button and within 3 hours the transfer is in my home account.

That's great. Is it free? The transfer I mean not the flatulence.

I log onto my K-Bank.

Input amount.

Click next.

log off.

Takes about a minute.

Ohh ok.

That's great. Is it free? The transfer I mean not the flatulence.

nope.

I am now working in Thailand. I send money back to the Philippines using www.coins.co.th. It is very easy to use and they only have 1% fee when you put money in your bitcoin wallet. Once you transfer it anywhere in the world, it's free! With the research I have done, they have best exchange rates compare to banks here or with western union. ( Of course you have to check the rates every time as they do change).

I send 5000 baht a month. My fee is only 50
bhat. I opened an account at coins.co.th for free. Open an account at coins.ph and send the money using the phone number or an email of coins.ph and its done! I save myself from two things: burden from the exchange rates and excessively expensive transfer fee. I feel like I almost got a discount and my money has more value. Hope i was able to help you in some way. :)

Since you refer to Canada as home, couldn't you send the letter requesting the divorce papers to a friend or family member, ask them to put in a cashier's cheque for CAD$19 and send the letter and cheque to whoever?

Surely there's some way to reimburse the $20 to the person who helps you out, if necessary.

Difficult problem I agree. This demonstrates the advantage to old most of your money in an Offshore account. That way you can bring what is needed into Thailand and make transfers anywhere in the world without having to jump through hoops.

Could be the way to go if the OP is staying in Thailand long term.

I couldn't get any American funds at the bank as none of them had any and the banks in BKK said you can only get American funds before 6:00pm, so i just contacted my lawyer in Canada and will have her deal with it.

Edited by Rayk