That ten million baht? Oh, I made it selling oranges, man tells cops

webfact

That ten million baht? Oh, I made it selling oranges, man tells cops

s5.jpg

Image: Facebook

MAE SAI: -- Soldiers and police in Mae Sai investigating people of influence and illegal trade at the border raided the house of a 61 year old man in the area and found more than ten million baht in fresh new notes hidden in the property. Also found was 28 baht weight of gold and 19,200 yuan.

Asked where he got the money - that was in many denominations - house owner Thana Asawasukhon said that it all came from the legitimate family business of orange orchards. He has many orchards, he pointed out.

The gold was presents for family members he said, telling investigators who confiscated everything that he could account for every baht.

The cash - in fresh bundles wrapped by the bank - was taken to Mae Sai police station following the searches. Police also found a gun at Thana's house that was also taken into evidence.

Source: RDnewsCH3

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-16

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some years ago, in the South of Thailand, police found 6f PVC pipes- all stuffed with money, in the process of being moved by some suspicious looking Thais.

So the police confiscated the lot. When only 4 pipes made it to the evidence room, some copper said (presumably with a straight face) that the 2 missing pipes of money had been given to their informant as a reward.

Seriously, that was in the papers.

Now I've got another headache... this is all too much at this hour of the morning.

Winnie

Easy, get the taxation office to sit and talk to the man and let him explain his wealth away,

judging from the price we pay for a lousy mandarins and crappy oranges here in Thailand, maybe

there's gold and millions to be made in them oranges, who knows, the taxation office will know........

Why not? It's about as believable as the wealth of some cops and army officers.

"That 968 million baht? Oh, I made that legitimately via my job as a cop," Pol Lt Gen Chakthip Chajinda tell the public

Why not? It's about as believable as the wealth of some cops and army officers.

"That 968 million baht? Oh, I made that legitimately via my job as a cop," Pol Lt Gen Chakthip Chajinda tell the public

You're absolutely right. We have high ranking police and army with millions of Baht. How did you get that money? You invested wisely? But on paper your earn a small salary. Clearly you're astute businessman and you're in the wrong job. As you're so astute, would you mind explaining how you did it with a measly salary?

But this is pennies compared to the big corruption. Can't have the peasants thinking they can be corrupt as well. They don't have that right.

Glad to see some action. There are those that complain and criticize the police as doing nothing. There are some that complain and criticize when they do act. I am no great admirer of the BIB and they have earned their reputatuon, good or otherwise. I prefer to read this story and not judge, fortune tell or imagine any outcomes.

Glad to see some action. There are those that complain and criticize the police as doing nothing. There are some that complain and criticize when they do act. I am no great admirer of the BIB and they have earned their reputatuon, good or otherwise. I prefer to read this story and not judge, fortune tell or imagine any outcomes.

Not really. It's a fact that the RTP here are corrupt. It's actually an unwritten business model and it's still illegal. Their job is to police so we shouldn't be too surprised when they do their job. It kinda sets the bar very low.

When they catch a killer, rapist or general scaly, great. But this is at the end of the day, their job.

When they catch a guy with 10 million unaccounted for, great. Now could you also go after the guys with billions of Baht unaccounted for? No? Too big? Stepping on your boss' toes etc.

It sure does make for a great photo op though. Another small fish off the street while the big fish are left with more to steal.

Ten million baht. Not much. The price of a good condo. Probably easy to make that much if you've a few orchards over a few rai of land. But why is it lying around in his house? Nothing illegal in that either but it is suspicious.

Hope they get to the bottom of it all.

Easy, get the taxation office to sit and talk to the man and let him explain his wealth away,

judging from the price we pay for a lousy mandarins and crappy oranges here in Thailand, maybe

there's gold and millions to be made in them oranges, who knows, the taxation office will know........

Nup, it's a cash operation. the tax office will know nothing . . .

Not really. It's a fact that the RTP here are corrupt. It's actually an unwritten business model and it's still illegal. Their job is to police so we shouldn't be too surprised when they do their job. It kinda sets the bar very low.

When they catch a killer, rapist or general scaly, great. But this is at the end of the day, their job.

When they catch a guy with 10 million unaccounted for, great. Now could you also go after the guys with billions of Baht unaccounted for? No? Too big? Stepping on your boss' toes etc.

It sure does make for a great photo op though. Another small fish off the street while the big fish are left with more to steal.

You need to be very careful and mindful in Thai where you tread , you could wake up dead or just disappear

I am glad there is a news article about the police doing their job. I was not sure who I was going to criticize or bash this morning.

Don't see why. This is Thailand,. If you can't see anything to bash in Thailand then you need bashing lessons.

Spoilt for choice really.

Winnie

Dear Mum. I took some bashing lessons today. In Thailand. Something else I've failed at, perhaps Dad was right...

There could be very legitimate reasons for this large amount of petty cash.

He has to pay the pickers and the sprayers of the fruit plus the high cost of chemicals and toxins to help make the fruit grow and look delicious. Plus he has to pay large amounts to certain agencies to have it certified as organic. Then he has to pack and sort the fruit and get it to market. There will also be commissions to be paid to his distribution agents operating in many provinces.

These costs are a large burden on his business and will be shown as tax deductions to offset income. He expects to only make a small net profit for the year.

The fairies at the bottom of the orange grove told me this and I agree with them.

What job was the police doing exactly? finding a guy that has money? Where is the crime?

Crime? Oh I don't think crime (on his part) enters into it.

He had the money in his house - never mind how he came about it. The police found out he had cash and gold in the house so they came to his house and took it. End of story.

What job was the police doing exactly? finding a guy that has money? Where is the crime?

Crime? Oh I don't think crime (on his part) enters into it.

He had the money in his house - never mind how he came about it. The police found out he had cash and gold in the house so they came to his house and took it. End of story.

"Soldiers and police in Mae Sai investigating people of influence and illegal trade at the border ........"

And if he can prove that he came by it legally, he can claim it back. Proceeds of crime legislation, as in my country, as in yours.