Today, Transiting the Town's Bar Section, I Found: The Last Bookshop

WonderousWand

I was only transiting, and I could not help noticing that there seems to be two types of people in that area... Fat ones who do not smile and walk slow, and then the fit skinny guys who walk fast and smile a lot, and seem much happier.

Seems like an unusual story to take a moment out of to bash fat people. What does that have to do with Thai grammar and book sellers. You make it sound as you have never seen an overweight person. Open your eyes, it is an epidemic out there. Even Thai are much heavier than ever before.

He wasn't bashing fat people, he was bashing fat people who don't smile and walk slow. There is a difference. My guess is that he likes fat people who smile and walk fast, if they can.

Absolutely correct!!!

I like people of all sizes who smile

The glum skinny ones are worse than scrooges.

I always prefer those who smile because they illicit smiles from me.

Fortunately, the skinny Farang guys I saw were smiling.

The Thai smilers were nothing remarkable, because fat or thin, they always smile.

The only Farang guys with huge beer bellies I saw happened to be sitting in open air bars, and I happened to think it ironic that they were not smiling while having fun in their watering holes.

Which then got me wondering why they did not head over to the Lost Bookshop to be with the smilers I saw there. If one needs a smile, it is only logical to go to the Bookshop.

All those pious anti-bar values and no compassion, have you not considered that the miserable, glum skinny one's may be dying of consumption, or just lost all their bit-coins to a grasping Thai wife?

Your prejudices get worse and worse with every telling.

The whole point of being happy in LOS is to learn Thai style tolerance and not be prejudiced on casual viewing. Your fast smiling walker may have just ripped of an ATM and is gleefully making a dash for the Lao border rather than looking for a lost bookshop.

Even worse, your actual smiling Thai may have just chopped-up his Mother and is looking for where he parked the getaway bike.

Next time you pop up on a height to take a useless photo, just consider all the people who will be going up their to jump-off as they continue to read this forum, see if that makes you smile!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only transiting, and I could not help noticing that there seems to be two types of people in that area... Fat ones who do not smile and walk slow, and then the fit skinny guys who walk fast and smile a lot, and seem much happier.

Seems like an unusual story to take a moment out of to bash fat people. What does that have to do with Thai grammar and book sellers. You make it sound as you have never seen an overweight person. Open your eyes, it is an epidemic out there. Even Thai are much heavier than ever before.

He wasn't bashing fat people, he was bashing fat people who don't smile and walk slow. There is a difference. My guess is that he likes fat people who smile and walk fast, if they can.

Absolutely correct!!!

The Thai smilers were nothing remarkable, because fat or thin, they always smile.

The only Farang guys with huge beer bellies I saw happened to be sitting in open air bars, and I happened to think it ironic that they were not smiling while having fun in their watering holes.

Which then got me wondering why they did not head over to the Lost Bookshop to be with the smilers I saw there. If one needs a smile, it is only logical to go to the Bookshop.

All those pious anti-bar values and no compassion, have you not considered that the miserable, glum skinny one's may be dying of consumption, or just lost all their bit-coins to a grasping Thai wife?

The whole point of being happy in LOS is to learn Thai style tolerance and not be prejudiced on casual viewing. Your fast smiling walker may have just ripped of an ATM and is gleefully making a dash for the Lao border rather than looking for a lost bookshop.

Even worse, your actual smiling Thai may have just chopped-up his Mother and is looking for where he parked the getaway bike.

Next time you pop up on a height to take a useless photo, just consider all the people who will be going up their to jump-off as they continue to read this forum, see if that makes you smile!

There is always the unexpected.

But the smiling guys just seemed genuinely happy, and it has been my experience, up to now, that they are.

My advice for anyone is to hang with happy people if one wants to improve their chances of being and staying happy.

One place to find them is in the Bookshop.

Edited by WonderousWand

Absolutely correct!!!

But the smiling guys just seemed genuinely happy, and it has been my experience, up to now, that they are.

My advice for anyone is to hang with happy people if one wants to improve their chances of being and staying happy.

Now I am laughing my head off, your like one of those rubber Christians that bounce back no matter what happens. "Lost a leg, yes, but only one". Pythonish springs to mind.

Ok Wonderous One, I promise to stop tormenting you and visit the bookshop just as soon as I can find it.

Chock de na, enjoy your walks.

PS GPS Co-ordinates, this is 2016.

Absolutely correct!!!

Now I am laughing my head off, your like one of those rubber Christians that bounce back no matter what happens. "Lost a leg, yes, but only one". Pythonish springs to mind.

Ok Wonderous One, I promise to stop tormenting you and visit the bookshop just as soon as I can find it.

Chock de na, enjoy your walks.

PS GPS Co-ordinates, this is 2016.

Better for you, your laughing your head off, rather than crying in your beer.

Edited by WonderousWand

Hemingway, a famous author, just in case the OP did not know who he was - drank and whored and might have been considered a bit weighty at one time. This thread started with a moralistc judgementAl tone that had nothing to do with love of books or literature or care for small book shops. It reeks

>> It reeks <<

Not as much as his Egg topic ,which is sulfuric !!!

He seems a religiously minded person, so lets be kind; possibly only "half of his Egg is sulfuric"

Speaking of which,

It is an age old technique to modify the pH of the egg storage medium to preserve the eggs without refrigeration. They turn green, but are still edible.

This same process has been used to preserve butter in bogs.

Some of this butter, dug up after thousands of years, is still edible, also.

>> It reeks <<

He seems a religiously minded person, so lets be kind; possibly only "half of his Egg is sulfuric"

Speaking of which,

It is an age old technique to modify the pH of the egg storage medium to preserve the eggs without refrigeration. They turn green, but are still edible.

and if they are Chinese 100 year eggs they turn black.

>> It reeks <<

Speaking of which,

If you backlight them with your smartphone, they actually are green. Edited by WonderousWand

Speaking of which,

If you backlight them with your smartphone, they actually are green.

Well the many I ate in Hong Kong were black,

possibly you should change the colour of your back-light.

wonderous guy this very entertaining posts saves having to go to store and buy a book.long may he reign on tv.

When you decide to buy a book, please visit The Lost Bookshop.

Those guys are really nice, and they have all sorts of books.

The owner knows Yeats.

Personally.

Edited by WonderousWand

wonderous guy this very entertaining posts saves having to go to store and buy a book.long may he reign on tv.

The owner knows Yeats.

Personally.

Although I know Phil Thompson ("Thommo" to his mates) personally, I never got to meet Ron "The Colossus" Yeats, so I can only be envious of the owner of The Lost Bookshop. Maybe I should pop down there to swap stories and compare notes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/past-players/ron-yeats

post-181944-0-21354600-1466515402_thumb.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

The owner knows Yeats.

Personally.

Although I know Phil Thompson ("Thommo" to his mates) personally, I never got to meet Ron "The Colossus" Yeats, so I can only be envious of the owner of The Lost Bookshop. Maybe I should pop down there to swap stories and compare notes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/past-players/ron-yeats

attachicon.gifron yeats.jpg

While you're there, see if you can pickup one of those autographed balls I saw during my last visit.