"I'm Sergeant Joe!" Gun road rage on Rama 3

webfact

This fellow was caught on camera waving a gun and pretending to be a copper - he is known to the police for similar actions in the past, yet they need to gather more evidence before they apply for an arrest warrant?

"more evidence" is code talk for something else; got to think of the economics of this, I'd suppose.

Edited by IAMHERE

Almost always now the Thai crims photos have their faces blocked. The same doesn't seem to apply to farangs who have been apprehended for villainous deeds. Could this be called racism on the part of the media? If there is a good reason for it perhaps the media might explain so we could understand why.

This is the victim, dipshit.

Why do you need an arrest warrant when someone breaks the law? If a police officer sees someone shoot someone do they have to get an arrest warrant before they can arrest him? Serious question

Not if they are present no, of course not. But if not present they need to see evidence and apply for an arrest warrant. At least that's my understanding.

Almost always now the Thai crims photos have their faces blocked. The same doesn't seem to apply to farangs who have been apprehended for villainous deeds. Could this be called racism on the part of the media? If there is a good reason for it perhaps the media might explain so we could understand why.

I would guess because the farangs are better looking than the Thais, and the ladies check out the farang for potential husbands. Nothing else makes sense.....grin!

One day Sargent Joe will do this to the wrong person. If someone walked infront of a car I was driving pointing a gun at me, he would soon be a dent in the car ahead of me.

And no you don't have to be ex special forces to push down on the gas peddle.

I would have thought that the death threats made (can clearly be heard) along with pointing a gun & his previous police record

would have had him charged almost immediately.

Why do they need time to collect "more evidence" ?

they need to double check his bank balance first

This fellow was caught on camera waving a gun and pretending to be a copper - he is known to the police for similar actions in the past, yet they need to gather more evidence before they apply for an arrest warrant?

You're silly Jag, that would involve getting out of their air con box and dp something

And there are many more Sergeant Joes on the road.

I assume if found guilty he will be banned from owning fire arms and imprisoned.

"I assume if found guilty he will be banned from owning fire arms and imprisoned. "

You're an optimist (or a cynic)! wai.gif