Air hostess milked for water after receiving 5,000 baht bill!

webfact

Oh, c'mon, play the Whiteman, give her a slap on the wrist and write it off. 5000 baht, it ain't worth the bad publicity.

And an air hostess can certainly afford that bill--one of the best paid jobs in Thailand for young people. On par with a university instructor.

"Air hostess Arawee Bunsoi, 26, got a shock when she got the bill for 5,121 baht. "I don't usually live here," she said,"but I sometimes come here on holidays, reported Daily News. The house is usually empty"

Burglars, get ready.........

I'm not sure where her am exact address was stated for the burglars to be ready?

Don't worry. It's just a joke.

A comment in jest, if you will. Not Thai bashing.

Gotcha! Just used to hearing any reason to berate Thais on the forum.

Well, when they incinerate each other do you object? How about when they denigrate farangs, or objugate idols, or sedate young foreign women so that they may penetrate in their reprobate state, do you agitate against?

i worked for the local water authority in the uk once, and the norm is, it is the authorities responsibility up to the stop cock/meter, then the house holders after that, i would imagine it to be the same world wide, in fact water is rediculously cheap here, when you think of the drought problems this country has.like my condo, 100 baht a month ??

Oh, c'mon, play the Whiteman, give her a slap on the wrist and write it off. 5000 baht, it ain't worth the bad publicity.

The thing is, its not a hairdressing business that you can vote with your feet.

The water board wont be loosing any customers over this

This applies everywhere in the world , the water authority supplies and if you use , you pay , something I don't think any of us think to do , turn it off at the meter if going for sometime.........................coffee1.gif

Although some countries do have something like a customer service. This happened to me in Switzerland while I was living in a condo (where I pay for my own water consumption): I got a call from the local community water works telling my that there is an unusual amount of water being used in my condo. They suggested I check is there is a leak or if e.g. a toilet is running.

And indeed, the toilet was running and I could fix it easily, preventing a huge water bill at the end of the month.

Now that's what I call good customer service. Not like the usual "I don't care" service from Thai PWA .

I would have plenty of horror stories from the Pattaya/Chonburi PWA. Amazing, these people!

I guess she didn't know where the cock was, or knew but was reluctant to use it.

Fact was had she lived in a high rise condo the bill could have been a lot higher.

It can be more serious with a Condo .The water leaks into the Condo below an destroys their ceiling etc .You could face a high bill ,unless you are insured .Always turn the Cock off when away for any significant amount of time .