Fiancee Is Arachnophobic!

helicoptor

oh yeah???...when ever I see a spider in my house I am convinced that given half a chance he shall be in my bed and crawling acoss my face while I am asleep for me to wake up in terror and to do the James Bond number in Dr No to kill it then to rush to the loo to vomit violently...

it's happened to me already twice...not quite asleep but you hear a scratching noise on your pillow and then feel a preceptibile creepy crawley on yer face then :o ...one time in British Columbia the dude was as big as my hand...

I grew up in SoCal where they had black widows and people said that they could kill yuh...never got over it...

there was an animation piece featuring a guy on a neutral background that was trying to sleep...some spiders came and put him in a web...he waked up and shook off the web...this happened three times then in the final sequence he shook off the web to reveal himself as a spider...a really nasty mother to boot...AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH

Toots... you got issues man....!

okay, about the swallowing of spiders...

Howabout, for those who eat cereal.... rice krispies, frosted flakes special k, etc, etc...

the harvest open fields with tractors, they...

well cut a long story short,

there's half the box is full of dead and baked bugs of countless species, think about it!!

You are paying Kellogs, to eat bugs.

Edited by kayo

I hate spiders with a passion. There ugly motherf#####s. I had 4 redback on my arm once when I moved a picture frame in the garage and killed them all with 1 slap. I was lucky one bit me and i brushed them off my hand like i was a retard in fast motion.

Tell your wife not to worry , the spiders here aren't that big or scary.

Then agin, I found this one under the toilet seat last night..... DSC01389.jpg

ps only kidding , I actually breed these beauties in the UK. :D

That is a big boy/girl ... another good reason to steer well clear of the Oxford area ... :o

An arachnophobic can be cured. It must come through conditioning...that is, conditioning her to accept/handle spiders. You need to start off with something mild like tv programs/pictures. When she overcomes that hurdle, you can then show her a live one in the garden and let her watch you play with it. Eventually, she can try to handle it on her own and she'll realize that the little critters aren't so bad afterall. Don't jump the gun though...give her time to get used to spiders before you have her handle any. Good luck!

May I start the treatment as suggested by Thaiboxer? Mild pictures...............................................

post-2263-1163604641_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1163604653_thumb.jpg

Edit: I cannot attach these 2 photos I uploaded in another post so had to upload again. :o

Edited by guardian

She is the boys mother, all the while we have been together she point blank REFUSES to even LOOK at a picture of spiders, only recently I was surfing the net and I called her over to view what I had on screen (without forewarning her) the pictures I were trying to show her WERE only small spiders, maybe I should have warned her I dunno, but I have previously done that and she wont look if she knows that is gonna be a arachnid. I have voiced my concerns about her passing the fear onto our son and she is indifferent about this :D

As we are moving to LOS in the next few weeks (where there are bigger spiders than the UK!) and, as our son is at an early enough age, I was hoping I could nip this in the bud so to speak.

:o

oh yeah???...when ever I see a spider in my house I am convinced that given half a chance he shall be in my bed and crawling acoss my face while I am asleep for me to wake up in terror and to do the James Bond number in Dr No to kill it then to rush to the loo to vomit violently...

it's happened to me already twice...not quite asleep but you hear a scratching noise on your pillow and then feel a preceptibile creepy crawley on yer face then :o ...one time in British Columbia the dude was as big as my hand...

I grew up in SoCal where they had black widows and people said that they could kill yuh...never got over it...

there was an animation piece featuring a guy on a neutral background that was trying to sleep...some spiders came and put him in a web...he waked up and shook off the web...this happened three times then in the final sequence he shook off the web to reveal himself as a spider...a really nasty mother to boot...AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH

Toots... you got issues man....!

okay, about the swallowing of spiders...

Howabout, for those who eat cereal.... rice krispies, frosted flakes special k, etc, etc...

the harvest open fields with tractors, they...

well cut a long story short,

there's half the box is full of dead and baked bugs of countless species, think about it!!

You are paying Kellogs, to eat bugs.

well...someone said once why did I prefer noodles to corn flakes for breakfast and now I know what to tell 'em...

eating bugs is OK if that is your preference but to have the little buggers connive to violate orifices while the victim sleeps means war and annihilation...