importing a few things from the US by SEA

Hello,

I want to import a mix of personal and business items from the US by sea. Most likely from the port of LA or Long Beach. I am looking to bring a full container and would prefer to receive in the port that is in Chonburi instead of BKK.

Can anyone recommend a company that will receive the items from different parts of the US and load in a container for me in California?

I already have someone to clear customs in Thailand.

Hi,

I've imported many things from the US, mainly containers of farm equipment and parts. My last 40' container, that arrived in April, was loaded in Charleston, Illinois, sent by rail to LA and then on to Bangkok. It was offloaded at Laem Chabang and then delivered to the ICD (Inland Container Depot) just north of the Airport. I then had it delivered to my facility in Nakhon Sawan Province. I use an International Logistics Company to do all of my exports from the US and imports to Thailand. They handle everything. Drop and pull the container, rail transport to the Port, sea freight, import paperwork and customs clearance in Thailand and delivery to my facility. They pay all fees and expenses including customs duties and VAT and I pay them direct. They have facilities and contacts across the US.

I would contact Ralf or Mark either via phone or Email. Ralf was Director of operations in Bangkok but was promoted to COO and now is in the Miami office. I think that he now has 2 email addresses, the only difference being the the bkk has been changed to mia, I seem to have misplaced his phone number. They won't screw you and can handle the entire operation for you with as little hassle as possible. I've been using them for years.

I forgot that I can't post phone numbers or emaill addresses so I'll PM you also.

SENATOR INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS LTD.
2nd Fl. Permpoom Bldg.
32 Sukhumvit Soi 87
Bangjak, Bangkok 10260
Thailand

Internet: http://www.senator-international.com

"I already have someone to clear customs in Thailand."

Trust me it's not that easy, coordination is the key to avoid what everybody refers to as ++++ charges.

Without the proper coordination, pre-alerts, advanced customs clearance and correct documentation delays will occur that cost money. Once the container arrives there is a set period of time that the container must be unloaded and returned to the shipping line, usually 3 days. Any delay will incur extra demur-rage charges for the container from the shipping line and storage charges from the port. After clearance the container will have to be delivered somewhere and be unloaded, it can't be unloaded at the container depot. There will be port arrival charges that also have to be paid to the shipping line before they release the container. To have one company handle the complete deal is the only way to go. I used to handle it myself and believe me it can turn into a very costly nightmare especially if you don't speak Thai.

My last container arrived at Laem Chabang on a Friday and was unloaded and trucked to ICD on Saturday and the clock started. All of the pre-clearance had been done so Senator picked up the paperwork from the shipping line on Monday morning, cleared customs on Monday afternoon and the container was at my facility in Nakhon Sawan at 0730 Tuesday. It was unloaded by noon and back was on it's way to Bangkok. Here's some pictures of our Thai unloading dock. We dug holes to put the drive assemblies and wheels on.

post-77463-0-64892600-1466309770_thumb.j

post-77463-0-19189300-1466309807_thumb.j

Like I said, Good luck!