June 20, 201610 yr Author You can do the research but you won't really "get it" till you're here for awhile. As Mike Tyson says, "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." LOS will be happy to punch you in the mouth. Phuket has a strong expat community. That's where you're going to learn the ins and outs of this place. Go for a run with local Hash House Harriers and you'll quickly have 50 friends here. I think you can live well here for 80,000/mo. Entertainment expenses are the big variable. Think about how to get to that number. Don't buy a place here (rent) and don't fall in love (for at least six months). Good luck. Thanks for that Pinot it sounds like some good advice and the great Mike Tyson quote. Though I certainly don't think I will learn everything from forums it is more to fast track some of the more obvious things re visa info etc.
Create an account or sign in to comment