Iran to buy Boeing airliners

webfact

Iran to buy Boeing airliners

606x341_336034.jpg

THERAN: -- Iran has agreed a deal to buy 100 planes from US planemaker Boeing, according to the head of Iran’s Civil Aviation Organisation.

If approved by US Treasury authorities the move will mark the first time Iran has bought from Boeing since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

In January, Iran also signed a provisional deal to buy 118 jets worth around 27-billion euros with Europe’s Airbus. The deal was conditional on US export licences because of the quantity of US-built parts.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-20

Well, this s one way to get back some of the 100 Billion $$ Obama gave back to Iran, Next thing you know there will be a deal to sell Levi's in Iran (a Canuck visitor told me he was offered $100 for the levi's he was wearing.) thumbsup.gif

Well, this s one way to get back some of the 100 Billion $$ Obama gave back to Iran, Next thing you know there will be a deal to sell Levi's in Iran (a Canuck visitor told me he was offered $100 for the levi's he was wearing.) thumbsup.gif

Obama didn't give them one cent, all that happened was they got the money that belonged to them. Most of it in fact money for the oil they had sold and never been paid for. The USA is not giving them anything. However it does sound better your way.

They must be insane after the US shafted them over the sanctions. Why not buy Airbus? Just as good and no sanctions.

It seems like a calculated decision by the leadership in Tehran to buy Boeing instead of Airbus.

More to do with politics than economics.

They must be insane after the US shafted them over the sanctions. Why not buy Airbus? Just as good and no sanctions.

It seems like a calculated decision by the leadership in Tehran to buy Boeing instead of Airbus.

Am I the only one who reads in the OP that they ordered 118 Airbus a few months earlier?

This is really a bad idea. Yes, it will help the economy. Make jobs..blah bla blah. But now you will have 100+ flying suicide bombs from a Nation that wants to kill anyone who doesn't believe in Allah. Iran as stated the US is their Enemy, so is Israel, and any other country who doesn't believe in Islam. They are not changing their views only making it easier to do more damage. They are not interested in World Peace. When they start acting like a civilized society in the modern world then I'll agree but not until then.

Trump actually wanted to abrogate the agreement with Iran. This would have resulted in Iran being free of all obligation regarding weaponry and would have removed all potential sanctions. They could do business with whomever they pleased except for the U.S. Bad news for the high paid American workers at Boeing and its contractors.

Well, this s one way to get back some of the 100 Billion $$ Obama gave back to Iran

It would be nice if you would explain why you need to "get back" money that belongs to another country, but I'm not holding my breath.

Am I the only one who reads in the OP that they ordered 118 Airbus a few months earlier?

They did. According to PressTV last month, they are doing both Airbus and Boeing.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/05/16/465849/Iran-Airbus-plane-purchase-contract-FakhriehKashan