General Health Insurance with Hypterension

Hi,

I am in the middle of a general health application with "Muang Thai Life Insurance". I have slight hypertension (age 30 years), readings are always around 155/95. After many weeks the Insurance decided I have to pay around 10% more but also exclude any blood pressure related benefits.

Is this normal? Why I have to pay more even if they exclude any blood pressure related illness anyway?

Cheers,

Your blood pressure is more than slightly high and puts you at risk of health problems. Advise that you see a doctor and get some medication. The company is probably charging you more for life insurance because high blood pressure can lead to an earlier death.

Shot yourself in the foot here. You are likely ignorent of what these companies require.

Get some help from the local clinic and take some medicin. Bisoprolol or whatever.

Get that very high pressure down (don't drink to much; look who's talking facepalm.gif) and apply at another insurance company again.

At your age blood pressure levels should not exceed 125/85, where best level as they say is 120/80.

I am 68 and doctor tells me to keep it under 135/90 and older people (can) have higher scores normally

You might have some special problem to have such high rates, so better go see the doctor.

Edited by hugocnx

You have to pay more because here Health Insurance is - as in the USA - a profitable business and they insure no people with risks except in some cases but then they have to pay more.

I guess your blood analysis indicates problems with your cholesterol and here there are some answers :

- exercice (walk at least half hour a day)

- fish oil which contains Omega-3 fats

- medication

...but a good doctor should have the last word