Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

Na, no ankle bracelets. Why not go straight to inserting a micro chip ? All required info & able to keep track of us 24/7. Job done.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This updated information will help us catch foreigners faster,

Interesting statement.

As you can imagine, the real bad guys will be very keen to fill out this form: fully, openly, honestly.

Yes, while the US Visa questions such as 'do you seek to engage in terrorist activities whilst in the United States, or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities?' catches them out every time.

I made an extension of stay in Samut Prakarn three weeks ago and was not asked to fill in this form.

Noiw at Chiang Mai Airport RANDOMLY selected it appears though. My friend was asked to fill one in but others on his flight let go by? DID NOT look at passport or ask before they handed the forms out either. hmmmm

Oh goody! w00t.gif This place is getting more and more surreal as time goes by. coffee1.gif

Yep! This is not about terrorism. This is about control. Mass surveillance systems have been online for over a year and a half now. The junta said it was being used for gathering intelligence on possible terror in the country. But not so, as of January the military have been using it to spy on twitter and facebook accounts.

http://www.telecomasia.net/content/thailand-embarks-mass-surveillance-social-media

Now why spy on farangs. To get rid of the ones who are critical of the current regime. Your card is marked, get to the border or extend your visa and big red stamp. Visa denied.

Of course I'm just paranoid. They just want to know who stole the shampoo from Boots to make an arrest. Or who kicked the door of a taxi or who dropped a cigerette stub on the street. Yes, thats why they need all that information on every foreigner coming in and out of los. Big brother is watching you, this is real.

Reality.

Well, I have been thinking about how much longer will I stay here. I like many things here but the reality is that there are other countries with decent weather that I can probably work from and have a much easier time of it.

It appears to be getting more violent, less friendly and despite the ruling parties promises even more corrupt.

So, the day I have to provide very personal information (including my bank account details) in order to get my visa renewed or 90 reporting done is the day they will make the decision for me to remove myself from this place.

We all jump through hoops to protect our bank account details when using an online business with secure protection, who in their right mind would trust that this information will be secure, written on a piece of paper floating around an immigration office in Thailand...? Absolutely no way would I do this.

Don't know of any other country doing this kind of ridiculous thing.

Anyone using the retirement or marriage extension is already providing the details of at least one bank account to them every year. While those on a work permit previously didn't have to, it's not too hard to open a petty cash account and enter the details of that. I was sent this form by my company's immigration agents and asked to fill it in a couple of months ago. It's not too hard to honestly do so without "incriminating" yourself. eg, for places often visited: Central World, Social media: LinkedIn, etc. Just no need to tell them everything. If you're a member of the "I love democracy, down with all juntas, and death to generals" forum, for instance, it's probably a good idea to leave that out. Some of it would even be quite useful, such as the emergency contacts section, but, unless they have a bunch of interns entering all of them into a database, no doubt the documents will be stacked in boxes in a warehouse somewhere and never looked at.

At Chaengwattana today for an exit permit. Their queue system had broken down and they were probably not having a good day.

Handed my papers over and the money, the women then stapled my call number to a piece of paper to be filled out. The notorious "Foreign National Information" form.

The doc is set up for a "recorder" to identify themself, and you the interrogated to fill in your part of the double sided form. Then you both sign off on the back page. No one was taking the "recorder" role today.

It is indeed invasive, although some parts are "Optional" and others are qualified but not clear why you would or wouldn't have to complete. In addition, since you're handed it cold, there's plenty of information requested that you might have somewhere but not on you.

So I filled it out in the leanest method possible, noted it required a signature, and while my call number was about to come up thought 'screw this'. Detached my call number stapled to the form, and went in when called to retrieve my passport back, with the form folded over in the other hand. Gave the call number, the woman behind the desk handed over the passport with the exit permit stamped in, and I wheeled around and left without leaving the Form in the tray on her desk. Nobody flinched and I walked out of the hall, tore up the form and trashed it. One of my better days at Chaengwattana!

So they're not forcing the issue right now. See how it's going in 90 days when the 90 day report is due.

Brilliant! Your an inspiration to us all. We don't have to put up with this sh1t. I advise all to complain when filling out this form. Don't let the B's get us down! Edited by Wilsonandson

I just come back from Jomtien for my 90 days:

- DONT FORGET TO BRING 1 PHOTO

- this 3 pages form is not a big deal, done in 5-10mn

- You have to do it ONCE, for the next 90 days notification you won't need to fill that form again

Spellforce,

I downloaded the pdf and it has (2) pages of requested information to be filled out.

You mention (3) pages.

I filled nothiing on the last 3rd page (only signed).

The 2 first pages I filled are the same as the .pdf

http://newscontent.thaivisa.com/2016/06/22/Foreign_National_Information.pdf

Some one has just posted filling out the form today. They said it is a one-page double sided form. For those filling the form our in advance print it front and back, not two pages.

http://newscontent.thaivisa.com/2016/06/22/Foreign_National_Information.pdf

Edited by tpthai2

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

well, but it makes sense.....Remember the poor Scot who was found after one month in a morgue somewhere. With a wristband or bracelet this would not have happened....he would have been identified immediately.

On 6th June, I went to the Immigration Office on Koh Samui. I was applying for an extra 30 days on my Tourist Visa.

There were two boxes each containing a stack of forms. Having done this lots of times before, I spotted the usual Extension of Stay form straight away and picked out a copy without paying attention to the other form in the second box.

I completed the form and attached a photo. I returned to the desk and the officer with a friendly smile picked out the form from the second box and handed it to me. It was the Foreign National Application form. I had been vaguely aware some weeks ago, from reading Thaivisa, that it was coming in, but I have been busy recently, and had forgotten all about it.

I filled it it in as best as I could, including my social media details, although I don't remember the question about places I visit. I returned the form. The officer asked if I had a photo for this form. I said that I had only brought one with me for the first form. She just smiled, but did not make me go next door and get a new photo taken.

I had put down only the name and address of my Farang landlord as a contact. She asked if I had a Thai contact and I said no I didn't. (Next time, if it is a problem, I guess I could use the name of my landlord's Thai wife). Anyway, this time, she just smiled and then passed both forms to the officer considering the extension of stay applications. I was given a ticket and was told to come back after lunch to collect the visa and passport. All very sabai sabai.

It was low season, so there were not many people applying for extensions. Anyhow, not for the first, I was impressed by how helpful the staff had been. So 10/10 to the staff at Samui Immigration for their Customer Service.

Well All i can see is THAILAND is heading backwards faster than anything else I can imagine!

This is worse than when I entered COMMUNIST RUSSIA and I think it is easier to Live in NORTH KOREA than here now.

JOKE OK.Now CHINA which controls everything is BETTER than here (EXPERIENCE YES PEOPLE ) and I would NOT want to live there.

SO I can see many leaving here as they get sick of forms. YES immigration NICE TODAY but wait there is more to come and NOT so nice.

Thailand was ONCE a great place to retire or live and now it is hard and tedious. IS THAT WHAT WE WANT? there are now so many viable alternate options.

Edited by marcusd

As many have said earlier on this topic..many of the questions have been asked already when you apply for your visas back in Europe.

Personal stuff such as bank details would see me writing N/A or leaving a blank space as many have already done..

..it seems there's no real need for this form..?

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother ....... foundling brought up in orphanage

- Full address and telephone numbers in home country ........................................... don't have a phone

- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand ............ don't have a phone

- Social media and email accounts (is optional) .................................................... don't have a phone

- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number ............................. don't have a car or m/c

- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital .................... I never visit anywhere twice

- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner ....................................... I don't know any Thais or foreigners

- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas ...... don't have a bank account

There you go, easy peasy.

So bloody obvious, why are people making a big thing of this?

Make it all up.

MAKE it up? And the net time or time after when they need their quota of BAD FALLANG your form will be SPOT checked and they will deport you

IT IS AGAINST THE CRIMES ACT or something did you not read in the information? PUNISHABLE AT LAW or something????

Oh goody! w00t.gif This place is getting more and more surreal as time goes by. coffee1.gif

Yep! This is not about terrorism. This is about control. Mass surveillance systems have been online for over a year and a half now. The junta said it was being used for gathering intelligence on possible terror in the country. But not so, as of January the military have been using it to spy on twitter and facebook accounts.

http://www.telecomasia.net/content/thailand-embarks-mass-surveillance-social-media

Now why spy on farangs. To get rid of the ones who are critical of the current regime. Your card is marked, get to the border or extend your visa and big red stamp. Visa denied.

Of course I'm just paranoid. They just want to know who stole the shampoo from Boots to make an arrest. Or who kicked the door of a taxi or who dropped a cigerette stub on the street. Yes, thats why they need all that information on every foreigner coming in and out of los. Big brother is watching you, this is real.

Reality.

yeah, and next we have to think twice to click on the "I like" button. Even to be a THAI VISA member or of any other social media group will be dangerous and risk our stay in Thailand.

Business are closing and going belly up across Thailand there Chinese friends who shit in the street and have no manners do not help.bars and entertainment or even restaurants. These Chinese eat buffet at lodgings and Cheap noodles. The powers will tell you different all lies.

Now they want to make it even more uncountable and why do you require someone's bank number. You have no power to access it. It's quite unbelievable and unprofessional

Business are closing and going belly up across Thailand there Chinese friends who shit in the street and have no manners do not help.bars and entertainment or even restaurants. These Chinese eat buffet at lodgings and Cheap noodles. The powers will tell you different all lies.

Now they want to make it even more uncountable and why do you require someone's bank number. You have no power to access it. It's quite unbelievable and unprofessional

I did my 90 day report on Samui last week, no questionnaire.

A friend did his yearly renewal of retirement extension a couple of days ago (Samui) and was asked to do a full medical at a hospital...(including blood and urine tests) but not the questionnaire ....

Bank records, address etc is information they already have... blink.png

Yes I can also add to this that NOW when you go to a hospital or dentist they are REQUIRED UNDER A NEW DIRECTIVE to copy your passport and send all the information to the government. My friends in Chiang mai are many doctors and Dentists and they told me because I had need to go BUT being Medical People they did not ask me and treated me for free.

And the government they told me, are checking all fallang for DISEASES that may be an issue in Thailand. See, only WE bring disease here. AND they also said there is a recruitment drive to hire more people to CHECK this information

SO YES there is a big hoo haa about to explode on all this paperwork you think is NOT IMPORTANT.

OLD frail? GET OUT!

YOU CAN BE DEPORTED on this information alone.

"You come to my country, you make more money than a bank manager playing Mickey Mouse cartoons to kids all day. You hang about with the best chicks in town, walk up and down the mall like you own it"

"Fill in the form!!!!"

"Nooo! In blue ink not red!!"

post-221427-14665927270644_thumb.jpg

Well, I have been thinking about how much longer will I stay here. I like many things here but the reality is that there are other countries with decent weather that I can probably work from and have a much easier time of it.

It appears to be getting more violent, less friendly and despite the ruling parties promises even more corrupt.

So, the day I have to provide very personal information (including my bank account details) in order to get my visa renewed or 90 reporting done is the day they will make the decision for me to remove myself from this place.

We all jump through hoops to protect our bank account details when using an online business with secure protection, who in their right mind would trust that this information will be secure, written on a piece of paper floating around an immigration office in Thailand...? Absolutely no way would I do this.

Don't know of any other country doing this kind of ridiculous thing.

Anyone using the retirement or marriage extension is already providing the details of at least one bank account to them every year. While those on a work permit previously didn't have to, it's not too hard to open a petty cash account and enter the details of that. I was sent this form by my company's immigration agents and asked to fill it in a couple of months ago. It's not too hard to honestly do so without "incriminating" yourself. eg, for places often visited: Central World, Social media: LinkedIn, etc. Just no need to tell them everything. If you're a member of the "I love democracy, down with all juntas, and death to generals" forum, for instance, it's probably a good idea to leave that out. Some of it would even be quite useful, such as the emergency contacts section, but, unless they have a bunch of interns entering all of them into a database, no doubt the documents will be stacked in boxes in a warehouse somewhere and never looked at.

Fair enough. Some further thoughts though. They currently don not have my bank details. Yes i am sure that if they have a fully integrated National database your information will appear in more detail anywhere.

But even if you open up an account with petty cash and use that your details can still be used for identity theft, which i would argue is more serious then some thieving basket cleaning out your bank account.

In an age where we are all trying to protect our information with increasingly sophisticated security it seems crazy to write down all these details on a bit of paper and stick them in someones tray, in an office, In Thailand,, don't you agree?

The only part I care about is the bank details. I don't care what information they have about me but I do not trust them to keep my bank account details secure.

And they wnat PROOF too. NOT Demanding it right now but I have it from my Immigration Agent they are going to demand it

Just think of all the customs, immigration, tourism, etc forms we have all filled out over many years of travel. Stacks and stacks of them. There must be warehouses full of them around the world. Or do they just throw them in the trash.

Even with computers and cloud storage why do so many governments seem to love to have some paper form for us to fill out all the time. Heck i can barely read my own writing so good luck reading the writing done by hundreds of millions of people from dozens of countries many filled out by non native english speaking/reading folks ...assuming that anyone ever really even attempted to read them....and of course the bad guys are not likely to tell the truth to begin with or transpose a few numbers here and there so they can claim mistake if anyone should ever actually check anything.

Not just Thailand that loves forms.

Did my 90 day at Jomtiem last week. Did not have to fill out this form. Having said that, I have traveled and lived in many different places in the world. I have never seen a more dysfunctional collage of psychopaths and losers as I have here in Thailand. I avoid farangs as best I can. Just me, I prefer the company and customs of Thai people, most times.

I was in a meeting the other day and a couple of guys were complaining about having to have a drivers license and insurance? As well as the "stepped up" policing of the streets. Personally I like it. Hopefully they can thin out the population of psycos both Thai and farang.

I mean really if you don't like it, isn't it simpler to leave...

I think you seem dysfunctional looking at what you say.

QUOTE "I have never seen a more dysfunctional collage of psychopaths and losers as I have here in Thailand" but then you say you like the comp[any of Thai people? What does that say about you? Do not be too harsh on people on here as many of them despite the banter, will be THE FIRST to assist you. If you dont like Foreigners then you can get off this forum. Good Suggestion for someone who likes others?

Returned to Thailand 20 June via Don Muang airport - this form not seen.

First sentence: "Expats and foreigners in Pattaya are now being asked to complete the form, when they go to complete their 90 day report or extend their visas."

What is the difference between an "Expat" and a "Foreigner" ?

Google is your friend :D

Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital

- Soap Massage Parlour

- Nana Plaza

- Patpong

- Soi Cowboy

- 7/11

- Mom and Pop shops

- Macro

- I recently had a genital wart removed at Bangkok General Hospital

- Sizzler

- Big Dave's Steak House

Number 1 question name of mother and father. <deleted>.Went through that nonsense when getting a yellow book and their names had to be translated into Thai.Mum and Dad passed 23 and 27 years ago.

After 15 years here i can confirm this country just gets more and more stupid. Next thing we wont be able to buy a bottle of wine between 2pm and 5pm.

You can't now, legally and has been for ages. Only the Mom & Pop shops will sell between 2pm & 5pm. Try buying beer or wine etc at Tesco Lotus at 3pm. No Way, Hozay!

To get a yellow book or do anything else at your Ampur. they ask most of that stuff including full maiden and married name of deceases sister, full names of parents and full names incl maiden name of any Farang ex-spouses in Thailand or other countries. I won't be unreasonable and obstructive but I can see a few n/s's being filled. No FB or twitter etc. Good thing I do not consider Tha Visa as a social network account. It is not very social anyway because we do not know who anyone is, anyway, do we?

Edited by The Deerhunter