Cowboy cops shoot rampaging gunman's trigger finger off

webfact

Cowboy cops shoot rampaging gunman's trigger finger off
By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

cop2.jpg
Gun to temple, Piya Sukijkanond threatens suicide Tuesday after shooting six of his family members, one fatally, in the Phun Phin district of Surat Thani province.

SURAT THANI — Police in southern Thailand yesterday shot a gunman’s fingers off to stop him from pulling the trigger again after he shot six of his family members, killing one.

Police said it’s still unclear why Piya Sukijkanond, 44, went on a rampage and opened fire on his own family Tuesday – they suspect mental health issues were a factor – but the incident ended without further loss of life when officers chose not to use deadly force.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/06/22/cowboy-cops-shoot-rampaging-mans-trigger-finger-off/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-06-22

Why burden the Thai people with a load that his mom should have swallowed? Now he's going to tie up the courts and be released at some point. Should have put that round into his jugular so he has some time to reflect on his actions.

''According to Somchai, the suspect is now in hospital, where police are waiting for him to recover so they can question and charge him.

Somchai added that Piya was already on trial for a 2008 murder."

That's quite a trial...

I was an MP in the Marine's And I shot excellent Both with gun and rifle and even I with my 1911 A 45 couldn't pull that off so must be BS cause it smells strong from here. This another trust me I'm Thai moment?

I was an MP in the Marine's And I shot excellent Both with gun and rifle and even I with my 1911 A 45 couldn't pull that off so must be BS cause it smells strong from here. This another trust me I'm Thai moment?

hats off, for being a marine and a good shot but never for being an MP.cheesy.gif

The U.S. Marines?

You qualified as an Excellent shooter?

Was that like the Special Marines?

In England we call those incompetent xxxxx cowboys....In this case it should be sharp shooters. Then again , wouldn't it be better to aim at the shouler, the forearm ? Instead of the figures ?

UK police are taught not to shoot unless essential to protect themselves or the public. But when they do shoot they aim for largest body mass, the chest/torso as that provides the best chance of disabling someone with no chance of them being able to attack again, as they could do if shot in the arm or leg. Thai police could learn from them.

From what distance could you not hit someones hand? I know hunters who can get a heart shot at 300 yards, and you can't see the heart you have to judge it, hitting someones hand at 50 yards is child's play to them.

Good shot I say. Being an ex Police TRG Sniper in Oz, we shot out to a max of 300 metres. Way different to military, that shoot out to 1000+ metres. The difference being that once a Police Officer takes a shot, then generally the situation is done and dusted. If a military sniper takes the shot, then they also have to have an exit plan as a world of heat could be coming their way. With the rifles we had, I'd be confident of shooting the hand that the perp is holding the pistol with out to about 200 metres max. Especially if that photo published is an accurate account of the scenario at the time. But having said all that, we weren't permitted to take shots like that. It is one shot, one kill for all Oz TRG type units, with a head shot being the preferred option. So I'd be curious as to know the range the Thai Police took their shot from, what type of rifle and their actual policy on this stuff. But in the end, a good shot as far as I am concerned as no further loss of life, and even though this bloke is killer, a Police Officer doesn't need a kill on his conscious either. And for everyone who thinks it is an easy job pulling the trigger and taking a life, you have no idea...

Why burden the Thai people with a load that his mom should have swallowed? Now he's going to tie up the courts and be released at some point. Should have put that round into his jugular so he has some time to reflect on his actions.

It was probably meant to be a body shot, it's just that they missed and shot a finger off, it sounds pretty good so let's say that's what was meant.

Edited by Artisi

Good shot I say. Being an ex Police TRG Sniper in Oz, we shot out to a max of 300 metres. Way different to military, that shoot out to 1000+ metres. The difference being that once a Police Officer takes a shot, then generally the situation is done and dusted. If a military sniper takes the shot, then they also have to have an exit plan as a world of heat could be coming their way. With the rifles we had, I'd be confident of shooting the hand that the perp is holding the pistol with out to about 200 metres max. Especially if that photo published is an accurate account of the scenario at the time. But having said all that, we weren't permitted to take shots like that. It is one shot, one kill for all Oz TRG type units, with a head shot being the preferred option. So I'd be curious as to know the range the Thai Police took their shot from, what type of rifle and their actual policy on this stuff. But in the end, a good shot as far as I am concerned as no further loss of life, and even though this bloke is killer, a Police Officer doesn't need a kill on his conscious either. And for everyone who thinks it is an easy job pulling the trigger and taking a life, you have no idea...

yep, a well trained man with a rifle and scope at distance, take his hand out for sure, an average thai copper with a hand gun, i reckon he was shooting at a target not sure which part though.

leave that to the professional men too make those calls/comments.

i shot a parker hale once, should have just given me a brick.

Edited by macksview