Is Krung Thai KTSE worth buying now?

I have some K-Bank LTFs that have done quite well and got me a nice tax refund when I was working, but I know nothing about mutual funds. A friend has recommended Krung Thai KTSE, since he's been getting good dividends from it. I'm more interested in long-term dividends than short-term gains, but obviously I don't want to be left holding something that's worth less than I paid for it. Does this fund look like a fairly safe bet at present?

Better to buy KTB stocks when price drop a bit.Good dividend yield and less hassle !

Sell when it goes up.

If it doesn't go up, don't buy it!

You have a time machine which will help you do this.facepalm.gif

Don't ever touch mutual funds. These so called experts will tell you, 'Investments contain risk, no one can ever guarantee success or losses.' Believe them when they tell you that.

I have yet to see an intelligent mutual fund manager. Most of the portfolio are pooled, for example, the top 50 companies of a country and so on. But most individual investors know that, when you look through the financial status of the top 50 companies of a country, the likely number is about 7 that is acceptable to be owned. Others are doing poorly, but they must buy it anyways to fulfill their investment objective. They are not interested in making you money or protecting your money, either way, they get their 1-3% commission cuts, no worries. As we know, banks around the world are doing poorly, not just Thai banks. I've been a die-hard supporter of Kbank, but I'm afraid, even I have to say it's not a good stock at the moment. But what do mutual fund managers have as choices? They require 20% of banks in their portfolio, do you think they will have lousy bank stocks? Certainly.

So, buy your own stocks like other members have suggested. Less fees, less bs, dividends directly to your bank account. Buy only the good quality stocks you find through www.settrade.com

All the info is there.