Ubon woman claims rape and theft ordeal at hands of Jomtien police

webfact

Ubon woman claims rape and theft ordeal at hands of Jomtien police

s2p.jpg

Image: Thairath

PATTAYA: -- A Thai woman has claimed that she was the victim of rape and theft after she was held for several days by Jomtien police.

A "full and fair" investigation is underway to get to the bottom of the extensive allegations made by the woman that involve several payments for her release and rape attempts both within the station and at a secluded building site, reported Thairath.

She claims that doctors at Pattaya hospitals have confirmed she was raped.

The woman named only as "Or" from Ubon has made the complaint at Pattaya police station and was speaking to reporters after she had been initially interviewed by an investigative team.

Here is her story:

"I had been working as a Thai traditional masseuse in South Korea but was deported for illegal entry into the country so I went to North Pattaya to stay with a friend called "Bua". On 8th June while we were eating in her room four men with a five year old child used a key to enter the room. They said they were Na Jomtien police officers. the room was searched and many of my things were taken. They said they would look after them.

"They found 40 grams of "ice" amphetamines in Bua's possession. I admitted that I did drugs and I was taken to a room at Na Jomtien police station. Next day Bua turned up saying that she needed 5,000 baht in connection with the bust. I called my brother who is a policeman in Bangkok and he sent me 2,000 baht and I had 1,500 and I gave that to Bua.

"I was held at the station. On the 10th June a policeman entered and said they needed room for other prisoners and I was taken upstairs to another room. The policeman started kissing my neck and it was marked. He then tried to rape me. I said I had my period and he stopped and took me back downstairs.

"A day later Bua arrived again and said she needed 15,000 baht and if I paid I would be released. I called my sister who pawned a necklace and sent me the money which I gave to Bua but I was still not released. then the same policeman who had tried to rape me came back and said he wanted to take me out for a drive.

"He took me to a secluded area where a hotel was under construction behind Lumpini Condominium on Jomtien 2 road near the beach. He tried to rape me. I had my period and he was not able to do it after getting blood on his genitals. Then he took me back.

"On the 12th of June my brother the policeman arrived from Bangkok to see me. He spoke to the head of the enquiry team who said they wanted 100,000 baht to release me. He bargained it down to 60,000 baht and that was paid but I was still not released. A man called "Wang" took the money but said I would face football betting charges and there was a further 3,000 baht fine.

"Finally after paying that with the last of the money I had I was released."

Or said that she consulted relatives who advised her to make a complaint to Pattaya police. She was checked at both Banglamung and Pattaya hospitals where doctors said they found evidence that she had been raped. She has registered complaints with the Paweena Foundation for abused women and children, the justice ministry and the national police bureau.

The head of the team investigating her case Siriphudech Channankij said that the case will be pursued without fear or favor to get to the bottom of the allegations. If there is wrong doing on the part of the police they will face prosecution. CCTV is being examined, witnesses are being interviewed and other evidence is being gather in the case, he added.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-23

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 grams of ice in the possession of "Bua" but yet "Or" is the one put in jail while Bua is not.

"Next day Bua turned up saying that she needed 5,000 baht in connection with the bust"

"A day later Bua arrived again and said she needed 15,000 baht"

To me it seems like this Bua character is in on the extortion with the police in some form.

Breaking News: Pattaya Policemen Kidnap, Rape & Extortion Allegations: Four Arrested

exx.jpg
Identification Line Up

PATTAYA: -- Midday Breaking News: Stunning developments in the Na Jomtien Police Rape, Robbery and Kidnap Allegations

Yesterday evening Ms. Petchmanee Duangsaeng filed a statement with the Pattaya Police Department claiming she was detained, robbed and raped at the Na Jomtien Police Station for the period of June 8 – 12, 2016.

Pattaya police investigating officer, Captain Siraphudech, said last night he was calling for all CCTV footage available in the area and all the evidence would be sent to the Office of the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC). He also insisted that the case will be treated fairly and with justice. And he moved quickly.

Because at 1.30am, in the early hours of the morning on June 23, Police Lt Col Chiddecha Songhong, an Inspector at Na Jomtien Police Station, arrested four suspects and has taken them into custody. They are Chamnan Kongplien (43), also known as Aueng who claimed to be the police chief, Pairoj Boonmee (46), Apichat Fun Gumpeun (34), and Kaneung Kesa (29).

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/225904/four-pattaya-policemen-arrested-kidnap-rape-extortion/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-23

I currently know a uni girl that is being threatened daily and is petrified by this bully, ex cop that she played 'kik' to.

It seems to be common knowledge that the clowns in brown take whatever they want, at any costs too.

Back to the report in hand, Bua seems like a real, steady, dependable kind of friend, doesn't she? (NOT)

Edited by lostmebike

How many more police act like this in Thailand , Maybe we will start to see some bad apples purged from the force.

Hopefully

and another reason why this military government is needed

all the "democratic" governments before did nothing, and T. did even the opposite

well i went through the grinder with the na jomtien police boys when i was caught with the wrong address in my work permit. they came and got me on a friday night thinking i would be locked up for the weekend and be ready to pay a high 'bail' on monday. luckily i got hold of a lawyer who got me out by 3am the following morning. they kept my passport for 2 years and i had to pay several 'fines' to get it back. i should be happy no one tried to rape me. my own good fortune that i am not that good looking any more i suppose. i never want to have to go through that again. there is a service where you can pay the cops a monthly fee and they come put a red letter box on your house or business, occasionally they come and check everything is ok and write something in the little book in the mail box. hopefully this means i wont get locked up again for anything.

They kept your passport for two years?

How is that possible?

40 grams of ice in the possession of "Bua" but yet "Or" is the one put in jail while Bua is not.

"Next day Bua turned up saying that she needed 5,000 baht in connection with the bust"

To me it seems like this Bua character is in on the extortion with the police in some form.

Sherlock

Your deduction skills are amazing leaving me feeling somewhat humbled considering the backbreaking research you armchair sleuths put into your theory's.

Definite candidate for Gumshoe of the month.

Just saying .......

Edited by ScotBkk

Thais ripping off Thais they never let an opportunity to cream some money off the top go to waste ,

Amazing they keep going back to the money trough time and again till they have it all. Their greed knows no bounds. Forget any justice lady the wheels have all been greased.

well i went through the grinder with the na jomtien police boys when i was caught with the wrong address in my work permit. they came and got me on a friday night thinking i would be locked up for the weekend and be ready to pay a high 'bail' on monday. luckily i got hold of a lawyer who got me out by 3am the following morning. they kept my passport for 2 years and i had to pay several 'fines' to get it back. i should be happy no one tried to rape me. my own good fortune that i am not that good looking any more i suppose. i never want to have to go through that again. there is a service where you can pay the cops a monthly fee and they come put a red letter box on your house or business, occasionally they come and check everything is ok and write something in the little book in the mail box. hopefully this means i wont get locked up again for anything.

They kept your passport for two years?

How is that possible?

well any time i need it to i would have to call the head cop and make an appointment to collect it. it was kept in the top draw of his desk. i would return it the next day. i was basically stuck in thailand for 2 years and had to cancel a trip i had planned to europe. i know now to never hand over my passport to anyone. i just give them photo copies. was a long 2 years and made me hate thailand but i got over it eventually.

Sherlock

Your deduction skills are amazing leaving me feeling somewhat humbled considering the backbreaking research you armchair sleuths put into your theory's.

Just saying .......

It could of course be that Bua is being threatened by the police and is doing it simply to avoid severe punishment herself.

What you do, as a Thai, to avoid abuse by the police?

She claims rape , but 1 guy only tried 3 times , and had blood on his "unit" .

Having her period would not put a stop on a rape .

Must be lost in translation.

Weird story.

Edited by BuaBS

How many more police act like this in Thailand , Maybe we will start to see some bad apples purged from the force.

you said some .... not all ... what is the point , for ever straight cop there is a gaggle of bent coppers .............

Sherlock

Just saying .......

It could of course be that Bua is being threatened by the police and is doing it simply to avoid severe punishment herself.

Do what she has done, get a lawyer, file complaints and hope that justice is done.

It is really scary though to think that these goons, who have authority on their side can do what they want and go unchecked. Doesn't make you feel safe at all does it.

Kidnap, Rape, Robbery & Extortion.

They are not policemen, they are highly criminals,

for which there is only one place in society: prison

Hopefully for a long time.

With such news, I no longer trust the police here.

LOL, you actually trusted the RTP? 15 years ago, when I first came here, I had little trust in them as they never seemed to do anything. Since then my thoughts and feelings about them has only gone downhill.

There is a good and valid reason why the RTP are called the biggest criminal organization in Thailand.

I currently know a uni girl that is being threatened daily and is petrified by this bully, ex cop that she played 'kik' to.

It seems to be common knowledge that the clowns in brown take whatever they want, at any costs too.

Back to the report in hand, Bua seems like a real, steady, dependable kind of friend, doesn't she?

sometimes its easier to make the person dissapear over paying a fine. :)

do you think police report their friends missing ever?

Sherlock

Just saying .......

Do what she has done, get a lawyer, file complaints and hope that justice is done.

It is really scary though to think that these goons, who have authority on their side can do what they want and go unchecked. Doesn't make you feel safe at all does it.

Exactly, and she might worry that they or their friends will get back to her for revenge one day because she filed the complaint.

Being in a room caught with class A drugs is a felony, she should have known and actually I dont feel much sympathy for her, if any.

"I had been working as a Thai traditional masseuse in South Korea but was deported for illegal entry into the country so I went to North Pattaya to stay with a friend called "Bua". On 8th June while we were eating in her room four men with a five year old child used a key to enter the room. They said they were Na Jomtien police officers. the room was searched and many of my things were taken. They said they would look after them.

Why were Na Jomtien police raiding Bua's home in North Pattaya?

And, what's up with a five year old child accompanying them?

Mmmmm a couple of weeks back I got slagged off by some posters on TV for pointing out that under no circumstances have anything to do with the police in this fruit and nutcase land.

As for the details of this incident, if you read a book based on the story - you would consign it to the waste bin as ficticious garbage.