O-A Visa Requirement: What is a letter Guarantee from Bank?

1. Three copies of bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year.
  2. Letter of guarantee from the bank (original copy).

What exactly is a Letter of guarantee? Is this a letter from the bank attesting to the authenticity of the bank statement?

This comes from: http://www.thaicgny.com/%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AD-%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A4%E0%B8%A9-english-version/visa/o-a-visas/

I searched for this answer and found nothing. I don't know how the search works, but one question per post works well. Especially for someone down the line looking for this answer and not the 15 other issues brought up.

One further question I have on the subject of bank letter for O-A Visa requirement (hope it's OK to ask this here - I am new here :-)! Any information if the proof of the required 800.000 Baht balance, three month prior to Anual Extension of Stay can be a mix of two accounts (bank letters)? One being a Fixed Interest account and a Savings account!

One further question I have on the subject of bank letter for O-A Visa requirement (hope it's OK to ask this here - I am new here :-)! Any information if the proof of the required 800.000 Baht balance, three month prior to Anual Extension of Stay can be a mix of two accounts (bank letters)? One being a Fixed Interest account and a Savings account!

There is no 3 month requirement to apply for a OA visa at an embassy or consulate.

For a extension of stay based upon retirement applied for at an immigration office it 60 days for the first extension and 3 months after that. You can have the 800k baht in more than one account. A fixed term account must be of the type that allows the funds to be withdrawn at any time without delay or penalty other than a loss of interest.

Thank you Joe! Was refering to the "one year extension of stay based on retirement" - gotta improve on my terminology :-) Was told funds can be in different accounts, but couldn't really get it properly verified (believe, someone said he was turned away at some immigration other than Chaeng Wattana Division 1). And SCB bank informed me, if I want to do it that way, they will have to prepare two bank letters for me then - meaning, they can't put it on one letter for me. 2 x 200 Baht then for preparing the bank letters, but that's not the issue - just wanted to know if it really works. Again thank you for your quick & knowledgeable response!