French cyclists injured in Chiang Mai as ten wheel truck overturns

webfact

French cyclists injured in Chiang Mai as ten wheel truck overturns

cra.jpg
Image: video screenshot

CHIANG MAI: -- Two French cyclists were admitted to hospital after they were hit by a ten wheel truck and trailer that overturned on a windy and hilly section or road in Chiang Mai.

The driver of the truck died in the accident believed to have happened in the Chom Thong district.

The injured cyclists were shown on national TV being taken to Chom Thong Hospital. One was a man and one was a woman.

Source: Channel 3

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-24

i have ridden a lot in Chiang Mai........yes it can be dodgy.......a lot of the time....obviously due to the Thai people never being taught to drive and having absolutely no idea with regard to road positioning, right of way, etc.........but as long as you keep your wits about you.......I still think it is safer than the UK....at least there is normally a so called cycle lane near to the edge of the road......its the bloody wild dogs that are a bigger problem in my opinion......either docile or want to attack......

My 82 year old mother cycles all over down town Toronto without a care in the world. She

came for an extended visit a couple of years ago. After being here a week having driven

around on my scooter, I asked if she wanted me to get her a bike for cycling around Jomtien.

Not a chance. She thought she would not last a week riding here. Riding around on

my scooter terrified her, but she just loved it and asked me to take here out for a ride or

shopping every day of the 3 months she was here visiting. biggrin.png

My 82 year old mother cycles all over down town Toronto without a care in the world. .

Riding around on my scooter terrified her,

but she just loved it and asked me to take here out for a ride or

shopping every day of the 3 months she was here visiting. biggrin.png

SHE is still a THRILL SEEKER! thumbsup.gifwink.png

Riding a bicycle in this country is tantamount to suicide

Been cycling here for 15 years....I'm not dead yet.

I am at 6 most of my wounds have been self inflicted not paying attention( 2 minor accidents). I have the scars to prove it. I go down and get back up and get back on.