So what did the Brexit supporters gain?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Naam here.

He's been subjected to more than a small amount of anti-German sentiment and post WWII British jingoism, while presenting smart arguments without getting wound up by the wind-up merchants.

I'm not sure if anyone will find this interesting or not...it's probably old news! These articles break down the profile of voters including their socio-economic classication (AB C1 C2 DE). There seems to be no significant gender difference between in and out voters which surprises me somewhat.

There was always the possibility that the 'grey market' would outweigh the under 25s based on 'absolute' numbers, though I didn't notice this in the Yougov opinion polls leading up to the vote (I wasn't paying enough attention, teacher).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/22/eu-referendum-which-type-of-person-wants-to-leave-and-who-will-b/

http://www.politico.eu/article/graphics-how-the-uk-voted-eu-referendum-brexit-demographics-age-education-party-london-final-results/

Is it me, or does thi headline sound petty?

English will not be an official EU language after Brexit, says senior MEP

There was always the possibility that the 'grey market' would outweigh the youngsters based on 'absolute' numbers, but I didn't notice this in the Yougov opinion polls leading up to the vote (poss wasn't paying enough attention, teacher).

I'm not sure if anyone will find this interesting or not...it's probably old news! These articles break down the profile of voters including their socio-economic classication (AB C1 C2 DE). There seems to be no significant gender difference between in and out voters which surprises me somewhat.

There was always the possibility that the 'grey market' would outweigh the under 25s based on 'absolute' numbers, though I didn't notice this in the Yougov opinion polls leading up to the vote (I wasn't paying enough attention, teacher).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/22/eu-referendum-which-type-of-person-wants-to-leave-and-who-will-b/

http://www.politico.eu/article/graphics-how-the-uk-voted-eu-referendum-brexit-demographics-age-education-party-london-final-results/

Is it me, or does thi headline sound petty?

English will not be an official EU language after Brexit, says senior MEP

There was always the possibility that the 'grey market' would outweigh the youngsters based on 'absolute' numbers, but I didn't notice this in the Yougov opinion polls leading up to the vote (poss wasn't paying enough attention, teacher).

Does anyone believe that the money/large companies/MPs etc. that have been promoting 'remain' will give up easily?

don't we all have sometimes wet dreams? laugh.png

Only if you're not handling things properly.

Clearly the Eurocrats will continue to speak 'Gobbledygook' ! rolleyes.gif

Nonsense they will all speak in their own languages. Gesture wildly then go back to their respective Capitals and tell their Governments. We went we spoke but not of the others would listen or try and understand us. Then they will all call up the British Outsiders and ask them to interpret for them simple. UK 's new role will be as an intermediary translator

Nonsense they will all speak in their own languages. Gesture wildly then go back to their respective Capitals and tell their Governments. We went we spoke but not of the others would listen or try and understand us. Then they will all call up the British Outsiders and ask them to interpret for them simple. UK 's new role will be as an intermediary translator

The British will not have a role.

If Britain wants to trade with the EU then Britain will sign up for the EU regulations, including the freedom of movement of people, will pay into the EU coffers but will have no say on the running of the EU or the regulations it makes.

Britain cannot even start negotiating its relationship with the EU post Brexit until it formally initiates the withdrawal process.

The promise made by Farage, Gove, Johnson and Smith that Britain would have access to the EU markets, would not be sending money to the EU and would have complete control of its own borders was an utter lie - it was based on the premise that Britain would go into the post Brexit negotiations with the EU and get everything that the gang of four promised the electorate.

It would be funny if it were not so tragic.

The British will not have a role.

If Britain wants to trade with the EU then Britain will sign up for the EU regulations, including the freedom of movement of people, will pay into the EU coffers but will have no say on the running of the EU or the regulations it makes.

Britain cannot even start negotiating its relationship with the EU post Brexit until it formally initiates the withdrawal process.

The promise made by Farage, Gove, Johnson and Smith that Britain would have access to the EU markets, would not be sending money to the EU and would have complete control of its own borders was an utter lie - it was based on the premise that Britain would go into the post Brexit negotiations with the EU and get everything that the gang of four promised the electorate.

It would be funny if it were not so tragic.

I believe you are so wrong.

I also believe that the disintegration of the EU is more likely than the UK not being able to stand alone.

Frankly, a North Europe Alliance is more likely than longevity of the EU.

I also believe that the disintegration of the EU is more likely than the UK not being able to stand alone.

You can believe what you like Jip, but fail to give a reasoned argument against the points I have made.

Your North American Alliance sounds interesting, given the US stated that its focus of bilateral agreements in Europe is with the EU and it is not interested in bilateral agreements with any individual European nation.

Again more 'belief' on your part but slim on the facts.

You can believe what you like Jip, but fail to give a reasoned argument against the points I have made.

Your North American Alliance sounds interesting, given the US stated that its focus of bilateral agreements in Europe is with the EU and it is not interested in bilateral agreements with any individual European nation.

Again more 'belief' on your part but slim on the facts.

Britain has an opportunity to once again be a Leader in the World and not just a European lapdog. Yes the world has changed it always does. But the the European Union is not what it should be and will fail. As will other grandiose trade deals. Smaller Countries may and probably will gravitate to Britain for trade. Slowly and steadily Britain can become something again post Europe. To spread doom and gloom too early. Wait until the dust settles and you can see how the land lies. I am more optimistic than many

FTSE 100 hits 2011 record hi . so Brexit isnt all bad, or perhaps its Dodgey Daves exit.

The FTSE is comprised of international corporations traded in London, it is not a measure of the UK.

You might also expect that the looming Brexit vote was factored into the market trading in the months before the referendum, so we don't know where it would have been had there been no referendum.

Meanwhile, the Bank of England's statements regarding additional quantitative easing and interest rates are exactly the statements that have in the past given rise to an increase in share prices.

And on top of that, the big players (elites) in the financial markets made a killing over the past week.

Socio economic group A and B C1 voted Remain (they are the winners in the EU), socioeconomic group C2 D and E voted Brexit, they believe themselves the losers in the EU.

When the dust settles who do you think is going to wind up winning and who do you think is going to wind up losing?

Britain has an opportunity to once again be a Leader in the World and not just a European lapdog. Yes the world has changed it always does. But the the European Union is not what it should be and will fail. As will other grandiose trade deals. Smaller Countries may and probably will gravitate to Britain for trade. Slowly and steadily Britain can become something again post Europe. To spread doom and gloom too early. Wait until the dust settles and you can see how the land lies. I am more optimistic than many

The problem is, Farage, Gove, Johnson and Smith, never explained to you how this is going to take place, they never explained what 'EU' shackles are going to be removed from Britain and how Britain is going to attain this new-golden-dawn.

They don't know and you don't know.

Its like every other promise Farage, Gove, Johnson and Smith made - it has no basis, it is founded on thin air. Its a promise without a plan.

FTSE 100 hits 2011 record hi . so Brexit isnt all bad, or perhaps its Dodgey Daves exit.

The FTSE is comprised of international corporations traded in London, it is not a measure of the UK.

You might also expect that the looming Brexit vote was factored into the market trading in the months before the referendum, so we don't know where it would have been had there been no referendum.

Meanwhile, the Bank of England's statements regarding additional quantitative easing and interest rates are exactly the statements that have in the past given rise to an increase in share prices.

And on top of that, the big players (elites) in the financial markets made a killing over the past week.

Socio economic group A and B C1 voted Remain (they are the winners in the EU), socioeconomic group C2 D and E voted Brexit, they believe themselves the losers in the EU.

When the dust settles who do you think is going to wind up winning and who do you think is going to wind up losing?

As You Wish, but if it had collapsed the Puppies would have put Spin on It. If it remains running under its present lefties, England wins, if its re mapped EU wins.But that wont happen. Jeez the nutters want Greece in,biggest load of Civil Sevants in Europe.Why.?.Free Olive Oil,and a few Elderly Onassis Freighters.

PC2-236x300.jpg

What did Brexiteers gain?

Well as Will Self said "Not all Brexiteers are racists, but all racists are Brexiteers.

So the majority have gained a life of embarrassment by slowly realising what they have done and who they were in bed with and those racists have now got it into their heads that anyone who doesn't comply with their visual perception of "English" will "go home" -

What did Brexiteers gain?

Well as Will Self said "Not all Brexiteers are racists, but all racists are Brexiteers.

So the majority have gained a life of embarrassment by slowly realising what they have done and who they were in bed with and those racists have now got it into their heads that anyone who doesn't comply with their visual perception of "English" will "go home" -

In the meantime the rest of us have to put up with the so called scaremongering.

The pound has now fallen by about 14% against the dollar since hitting $1.50 ahead of the referendum result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36721689

Democracy can only work if voters are given accurate information about what they are voting for, and if those making promises/claims can be held to account after being elected.

My youngest daughter voted leave, and when I called her last night I asked why. She told me that she had honestly believed that the £350m/week the UK is said to send to Europe could be better spent on public services in the UK. Like most voters, I don't think she was motivated by lofty concepts like sovereignty or the Single European Act.

I asked how she felt now. She said 'conned'. The Brexit supporters are either not taking about the £350m, saying it was a 'mistake' (Farage) or 'up to £100m might be available' (Gove).

Since all the key Brexit players are now 'disappearing into the woodwork' I guess no one can be held to account in any way.

Democracy can only work if voters are given accurate information about what they are voting for, and if those making promises/claims can be held to account after being elected.

My youngest daughter voted leave, and when I called her last night I asked why. She told me that she had honestly believed that the £350m/week the UK is said to send to Europe could be better spent on public services in the UK. Like most voters, I don't think she was motivated by lofty concepts like sovereignty or the Single European Act.

I asked how she felt now. She said 'conned'. The Brexit supporters are either not taking about the £350m, saying it was a 'mistake' (Farage) or 'up to £100m might be available' (Gove).

Since all the key Brexit players are now 'disappearing into the woodwork' I guess no one can be held to account in any way.

Leaders have a responsibility to the people they wish to lead but the voters also have responsibilities as well as rights. Informing themselves and thinking carefully about the issues before they vote is basic - and essential for any democracy to work properly.

Otherwise everyone in The West is just living in Cloud-cuckoo Land.