So what did the Brexit supporters gain?

We gained freedom.

Freedom from those unelected people who were trying to run our lives for us.

It may take time for us to get things sorted, but I for one will be happy to wait.

Freedom from German rule has always been a priority with the British.

(oh, I forgot for a moment the queen and all her lot are German)

Our royal families have always been a mixed bag, as have many other royal families.

Marriages made to order for allies, for money and for power.

That is (was) the way of things.

I find it rather sad that people have to keep bringing up the German connection.

The royal family - and especially the now departed Queen Mother - stood by Britain in one of its darkest hours.

Many Americans would love to have a royal family.

Hell, they swoon over David Beckham and Victoria whatshername, treat them like royalty.

The Queen does more for the United Kingdom than any other person.

She has more contacts around the world than any other. Her diplomacy is second to none. And she brings in trade. Billions of £ of trade through her links and royal visits - no matter what the government of the day might try to get her to do.

The royal family - like any family - are not perfect, but I for one am proud of what the Queen herself does, especially behind the scenes.

I have said my bit on this and wanted to stay away as it will just denigrate into a slanging match(as it has in parts), but the highlighted bit has just drawn me back for one last comment.......How the hell can you know the husband's name(David Beckham) and not know his wife's surname who took his name?!?!?!!?!?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We gained freedom.

It may take time for us to get things sorted, but I for one will be happy to wait.

Deluded before and still deluded after........cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Exactly.
Too funny to see people lament the results they cherish causes.
Should explain that we can not have our cake and keep the money for.
"EU is managed by officials because the refusal of members to give a bit of power."
And in this concert of nations Britain was by far the loudest voice.
That is why the brexit could finally enable the EU to take a new democratic impulse claimed by all.
That is why also, out diplomatic messages of regret, the UK should not expect a hand reaching of 27.
Edited by happy Joe

We gained freedom.

Ahhh, you are still smarting from being on the losing side. Never mind. Go sign the petition along with the hackers and other malcontents. Not that it will do you any good smile.png

it's not often that one sees both sides losing as is this case.

We gained freedom.

Ahhh, you are still smarting from being on the losing side. Never mind. Go sign the petition along with the hackers and other malcontents. Not that it will do you any good smile.png

When you gained your freedom (which by the way I haven't any sign of you actually getting) did it occur to you to find out what the champions of your freedom meant when they said they wanted to 'deregulate Britain'?

I do wish people would do a little research on this sort of thing - it has been thoroughly debunked...in fact this ad goes back to BEFORE the internet - the same basic format being used originally in the USA.

V BBC - the Great Cabbage Myth

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35962999

Edited by cumgranosalum

We gained freedom.

"losing side"? - I'm afraid you are in for a surprise, it wasn't A football match you know. The results aree only just beginning to come in.....

We gained freedom.

"losing side"? - I'm afraid you are in for a surprise, it wasn't A football match you know. The results aree only just beginning to come in.....

Short termism.

We gained freedom.

Dream on ...........now who is delusional.

What have they gained? Well this sums it up pretty well.......

attachicon.gifwasn't EU that.......jpg

And being a fully paid up, card carrying and flag waving EU member would not have prevented any of that happening either.

What a bizarre non- argument. Looks like the original author is in Anstruther (Fife, Scotland).

Maybe he's an acolyte of the very sad Nationalist MEP Alyn Smith last seen here begging at the European Parliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErbBzpsnw1Q

And being a fully paid up, card carrying and flag waving EU member would not have prevented any of that happening either.

What a bizarre non- argument. Looks like the original author is in Anstruther (Fife, Scotland).

Maybe he's an acolyte of the very sad Nationalist MEP Alyn Smith last seen here begging at the European Parliament.

since when are facts bizarre?

does it matter who stated facts?

No, i guess it doesn't really matter when the 'stated facts' are solely the result of independent British political decisions that the European Parliament has never had any influence over. To claim that being a part of a greater European collective would have prevented all that is <deleted>.... same as what is coming out of the begging Scottish MEPpet's mealy mooth.

No, i guess it doesn't really matter when the 'stated facts' are solely the result of independent British political decisions that the European Parliament has never had any influence over. To claim that being a part of a greater European collective would have prevented all that is <deleted>.... same as what is coming out of the begging Scottish MEPpet's mealy mooth.

the point being the Brexit has blames ALL this on the EU and has now laid themselves wide open to the far-right - you just seem to be shooting the messenger

Edited by cumgranosalum

I'm still trying to understand how most Brits feel about this. Obviously, there are two sides. This one feels that the "British People Have Been Suckered."

http://time.com/4384746/brexit-youth-vote/?xid=homepage

[Many “leave” voters are looking on their victory with the sick dread of a pie-eating champion who has just been told that the prize is more pie. As the pound crashes, taking international markets with it, and Brexit leaders admit that their entire campaign was based on extravagant lies, electoral officials are fielding calls from people asking if they can change their vote, and voters who just wanted to give a hated establishment a richly-deserved poke in the eye are wondering what the hell they’ve done.]

the point being the Brexit has blames ALL this on the EU and has now laid themselves wide open to the far-right - you just seem to be shooting the messenger

ALL the Brexit voters blamed ALL this on the EU? Really?

You may subscribe to the Churchillian notion that, "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" but you can't tar them all with the same brush, just as the better educated Remnants can't easily be job-lotted either... even though the temptation is huge I just did.

The GBP has plunged, trade agreements are up in the air, USA stock futures are down. Who benefited?
I spoke with a Brit friend today who did well on the market with the vote but as he said, commonly Brits believe all their problems stem from the immigrants. We all know that's not the case.
So who benefited?

Strewth, give it chance, things are hardly going to turn around in a week! You chaps aren't very smart are you? Other than the freedom and control aspect, which is a massive deal by the way, it will probably take years for things to settle and be fully extricated from the EU. But in answer to your question, all Brits.

why this added irrelevant sidestep on top of accepting the stated facts? does it matter by whom they were stated?

I never heard BREXIT blame those on the E.U.

We know they were done by the British Government. At least we have the option of voting out the government of the day if enough of us disagree with what they are doing, unlike the E.U. autocrats.

Edited by WhamBam

I think Nigel Farage was brilliant with his comments at Brussels.....

Mr. Farage opened his first address of the European Parliament since the historic win on Thursday:

Isn’t it funny. When I came here 17 years ago, you all laughed at me when I said that I wanted to lead a campaign to get Britain to leave the European Union. You all laughed at me. Well I have to say, you’re not laughing now, are you?

more here....

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/28/farage-people-voted-lets-make-sure-happens/

With the Australian and New Zealand Prime ministers amongst others clamouring to set up new trade deals with the U.K., things are not all doom and gloom.

Even Obama has become two faced now saying the U.S.A. are wanting to set up trade deals with the U.K. Considering he jetted in to do his best for the Remain camp, he has certainly changed his tune. He claimed it would be bad for the U.K. and that we would be at the back of the queue for trade deals and much more. It seems it is not so now.

The German auto manufacturers are running scared of losing business with the U.K. too.

Given time, the U.K. will recover the losses from the day after Brexit. We will have trade a-plenty too.

I believe in the future for the U.K. This short term scaremongering was just that - scaremongering.

Has Camron found some balls at last? I doubt it, maybe he was being petulant at losing.

DAVID Cameron last night told European leaders that their stubborn refusal to heed British anger at mass migration has driven the country out of the EU in an article from the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/684297/david-cameron-nigel-farage-eu-parliament-brexit-your-fault-migrant-fears

Mr. Farage opened his first address of the European Parliament since the historic win on Thursday:

more here....

Isn’t it funny. When I came here 17 years ago, you all laughed at me when I said that I wanted to lead a campaign to get Britain to leave the European Union. You all laughed at me. Well I have to say, you’re not laughing now, are you?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/28/farage-people-voted-lets-make-sure-happens/

The biggest laugh is the fact that Farage has been an integral part of and drawing money from the Brussels machine for the last 17 years, that right, he's actual the very thing he claims to oppose....in contrast he's not even an elected member of the UK parliament.

While he presents himself to the media supping ale in English pubs and defending all things English ..in reality he's actually married to an EU immigrant!

And the guy who led the Brexit campaign, Boris Johnson, who pushed all anti-immigration buttons ...is actually American!

You couldn't make it up!

Con men of the highest order! ...but their target demographic are too dense to realise they are being shafted!

Edited by HappyDazed

more here....

It is of course copied from Bob Monkhouse who famously told his audience

"When I told you I wanted to be a comedian you all laughed at me.......well you're not laughing now!"

more here....

It is of course copied from Bob Monkhouse who famously told his audience

"When I told you I wanted to be a comedian you all laughed at me.......well you're not laughing now!"

With the Australian and New Zealand Prime ministers amongst others clamouring to set up new trade deals with the U.K., things are not all doom and gloom.

Even Obama has become two faced now saying the U.S.A. are wanting to set up trade deals with the U.K. Considering he jetted in to do his best for the Remain camp, he has certainly changed his tune. He claimed it would be bad for the U.K. and that we would be at the back of the queue for trade deals and much more. It seems it is not so now.

The German auto manufacturers are running scared of losing business with the U.K. too.

Given time, the U.K. will recover the losses from the day after Brexit. We will have trade a-plenty too.

I believe in the future for the U.K. This short term scaremongering was just that - scaremongering.

Has Camron found some balls at last? I doubt it, maybe he was being petulant at losing.

DAVID Cameron last night told European leaders that their stubborn refusal to heed British anger at mass migration has driven the country out of the EU in an article from the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/684297/david-cameron-nigel-farage-eu-parliament-brexit-your-fault-migrant-fears

when did they tell you? huh.png

when did they tell you? huh.png

To be fair, it is not rocket-science.