So what did the Brexit supporters gain?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Australian and New Zealand Prime ministers amongst others clamouring to set up new trade deals with the U.K., things are not all doom and gloom.

Even Obama has become two faced now saying the U.S.A. are wanting to set up trade deals with the U.K. Considering he jetted in to do his best for the Remain camp, he has certainly changed his tune. He claimed it would be bad for the U.K. and that we would be at the back of the queue for trade deals and much more. It seems it is not so now.

The German auto manufacturers are running scared of losing business with the U.K. too.

Given time, the U.K. will recover the losses from the day after Brexit. We will have trade a-plenty too.

I believe in the future for the U.K. This short term scaremongering was just that - scaremongering.

Has Camron found some balls at last? I doubt it, maybe he was being petulant at losing.

DAVID Cameron last night told European leaders that their stubborn refusal to heed British anger at mass migration has driven the country out of the EU in an article from the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/684297/david-cameron-nigel-farage-eu-parliament-brexit-your-fault-migrant-fears

The German auto manufacturers are running scared of losing business with the U.K. too.

when did they tell you? huh.png

All the UK motor manufacturers are on record as supporting remain. Ford even wrote 14000 letters to their employees explaining their fears of a Brexit.

I never heard BREXIT blame those on the E.U.

We know they were done by the British Government. At least we have the option of voting out the government of the day if enough of us disagree with what they are doing, unlike the E.U. autocrats.

You do realise you literally just voted out the "EU autocrats"? This whole thread is quite literally on that very subject, you are even commenting on how the British voted out of the EU.....so doesn't that fly in the face of your assertion that you cannot vote them out?

You know, cos it just happened....

With the Australian and New Zealand Prime ministers amongst others clamouring to set up new trade deals with the U.K., things are not all doom and gloom.

Even Obama has become two faced now saying the U.S.A. are wanting to set up trade deals with the U.K. Considering he jetted in to do his best for the Remain camp, he has certainly changed his tune. He claimed it would be bad for the U.K. and that we would be at the back of the queue for trade deals and much more. It seems it is not so now.

Given time, the U.K. will recover the losses from the day after Brexit. We will have trade a-plenty too.

I believe in the future for the U.K. This short term scaremongering was just that - scaremongering.

Has Camron found some balls at last? I doubt it, maybe he was being petulant at losing.

DAVID Cameron last night told European leaders that their stubborn refusal to heed British anger at mass migration has driven the country out of the EU in an article from the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/684297/david-cameron-nigel-farage-eu-parliament-brexit-your-fault-migrant-fears

To be fair, it is not rocket-science.

of course it's not rocket science to come up with utmost ridiculous claims and assumptions coffee1.gif

You mean when did they NOT tell you?

German carmakers raise fears over Brexit

Jul 2, 2015 - About a fifth of all cars produced in Germany last year, or around 820,000 vehicles, were exported to the UK, making it the single biggest destination by volume.

Edited by NanLaew
To be fair, it is not rocket-science.

of course it's not rocket science to come up with utmost ridiculous claims and assumptions coffee1.gif

This pretty much defines the difference between science-fiction, and science-fantasy, IMO.

On the Conservatives' selection of a new leader, the BBC is reporting that candidates so far are Boris Johnson & Theresa May (as expected) but also Liam Fox & Stephen Crabb.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36668592

edit for spelling ... my keyboard needs another coffee !

Edited by Ricardo

All the UK motor manufacturers are on record as supporting remain. Ford even wrote 14000 letters to their employees explaining their fears of a Brexit.

There's no doubting that fact. I wonder how many of those 14,000 Ford engine and transmission assemblymen voted to Remain? Since Dagenham and Bridgend voted for Brexit and only Liverpool for Remain, one can assume that the letters, like the Tory led campaign to Remain, were less than persuasive. The Labour effort didn't even get out of bed.

One can rail all one wants at the 'uneducated' and 'bigoted' voters that are 'responsible' for this mess but for every single Brexit voter who claims they didn't mean it with their protest vote nonsense, there's probably a couple of Remnants that didn't even try and make the effort to vote in the first place.

that means "running scared"? coffee1.gif

Sorry, I thought the semantics thread was on another forum.

to divert when one doesn't have an answer is coffee1.gif

bu the way, this thread is about "Brexit gains". do Brexiteers gain anything if German car manufacturerers are running scared? fact is as of now and for a few years (or perhaps more) to come "no gains". period!

that means "running scared"? coffee1.gif

Sorry, I thought the semantics thread was on another forum.

to divert when one doesn't have an answer is coffee1.gif

bu the way, this thread is about "Brexit gains". do Brexiteers gain anything if German car manufacturerers are running scared? fact is as of now and for a few years (or perhaps more) to come "no gains". period!

Short termism. I hope you have a lot of coffee.

I can only speak for me,

I'm hoping to gain freedom from German rule, no matter what the personal cost.

So essentially the same feelings as my grandparents in WW1, and my parents in WW2.

Now I say 'hoping' because in any war for freedom, there is always a chance your oppressors may win.

Let's face it, if nothing else, the Germans are persistent, this is their third attempt at conquest of the Europe in 100 years.

Edited by MissAndry

Brexit supports have reason to celebrate they have achieved in 1 day what Hitler, ISIS, al qaeda, and the IRA, tried for year's to do,

they have destroyed the British economy in 1 day , they are the true traitors of the UK and all helped along by the spineless David Cameron who gave these morons the chance to vote,because he didn't want to make the decision himself

Please explain how it has been "destroyed"? Bit late for scaremongering now........

not scare mongering just stating a fact

Brexit supports have reason to celebrate they have achieved in 1 day what Hitler, ISIS, al qaeda, and the IRA, tried for year's to do,

they have destroyed the British economy in 1 day , they are the true traitors of the UK and all helped along by the spineless David Cameron who gave these morons the chance to vote,because he didn't want to make the decision himself

Please explain how it has been "destroyed"? Bit late for scaremongering now........

not scare mongering just stating a fact

read the financial papers

I can only speak for me,

So essentially the same feelings as my grandparents in WW1, and my parents in WW2.

Now I say 'hoping' because in any war for freedom, there is always a chance your oppressors may win.

Let's face it, if nothing else, the Germans are persistent, this is their third attempt at conquest of the Europe in 100 years.

why do i have the feeling you missed a number of history classes (cause of WWI) and are not aware that 'ze Tchermans' have only one out of the 28 EU votes? huh.png

next silly, but quite amusing, claim please gigglem.gif

I can only speak for me,

I totally disagree with you Naam,

UncleAndry´s comment is neither silly nor funny or amusing. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion his/her latest comment is utter, utter bul*s**t and a slap in the faces of all those who fought against an enemy force in previous wars when, faced with death, they were willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. For M.A. to claim such a heroic deed for the in comparison tiny decision of pro or against EU membership is an utter disgrace! What a plonker!!!!

I can only speak for me,

UncleAndry´s comment is neither silly nor funny or amusing. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion his/her latest comment is utter, utter bul*s**t and a slap in the faces of all those who fought against an enemy force in previous wars when, faced with death, they were willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. For M.A. to claim such a heroic deed for the in comparison tiny decision of pro or against EU membership is an utter disgrace! What a plonker!!!!

there... there... DUS. no need to get overly tense. some of the comments should be taken cum grano salis, others require a huge bag of salt to evaluate.

that the "young Miss" overshot the target is understandable because "she" must have just realised that Brexit is light years away.

cool.png

Replies from 2 Europeans who just like the majority of the EU underestimated the vitriol the middle England people felt towards a federal Europe. I will not state what my position was, but Europe certainly didn't see it coming and just like the UK will have to suck it up, adapt and overcome. Welcome to the brave New World.

Watch this watchcharaters then comment, the EU is on the verge of collapes anyway, this will push it over

Nothing about immigration

This is complete nonsense. Shame on this, who believe this crap.

51.9% of the half wit british

Only about 17.4 million actually. The better educated lot by all accounts stayed abed.

I can only speak for me,

why do i have the feeling you missed a number of history classes (cause of WWI) and are not aware that 'ze Tchermans' have only one out of the 28 EU votes? huh.png

They have 1 vote, but it's the only vote that counts.

I can only speak for me,

there... there... DUS. no need to get overly tense. some of the comments should be taken cum grano salis, others require a huge bag of salt to evaluate.

that the "young Miss" overshot the target is understandable because "she" must have just realised that Brexit is light years away.

cool.png

I hear you, I hear you ....

Mind you, being half English - half German, regardless of how much salt you want to throw into the mix, I still find M.A.´s comparison disgusting......

I hear you, I hear you ....

Mind you, being half English - half German, regardless of how much salt you want to throw into the mix, I still find M.A.´s comparison disgusting......

being German, married to a lady who put her German passport in a drawer and used her British passport to vote for Brexit, would be quite disgusting without a load of salt.

dry.png

I quite enjoyed Theresa May´s comment on Boris during her press conference this morning.

“The last time he did a negotiation with the Germans, he came back with three nearly new water cannon.”

Almost Thatcher-like..... 555

I quite enjoyed Theresa May´s comment on Boris during her press conference this morning.

“The last time he did a negotiation with the Germans, he came back with three nearly new water cannon.”

Almost Thatcher-like..... 555

I saw the speech live, very strong but seemed a bit nervous in the question session. Apparently the comment related to a true event.

I'd go with this.......

"It's the right of MPs alone to make or break laws, and the peers to block them. So there's no force whatsoever in the referendum result. It's entirely for MPs to decide."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-loophole-eu-referendum-mps-law-legal-legislation-constitution-a7105181.html

It's all about democracy and control.......nobody tells MY MPs what to do...they were elected to govern not at on momentary whims of the public.

I trust you're being ironic. If so, you're absolutely right! WE elect incompetent MPs all on our very OWN! And we don't even control them!

They lie through their teeth to get themselves elected and then when they're in situ, they go off and do whatever they want without recourse to their electorate or conscience about their electoral promises. That's called 'whimsical and capricious' as well as "disingenuous".....a bit like going to a French hairdresser.

And don't forget that bastion of Englishness, the House of Lords which is the 'peer group' you referred to for our House of Commons. It consists of 74.4% of white males, the rest being majority white females, and wait for this nugget....... a modal mean age of 70-79 years amongst its membership.

Representative...? And in touch/up-to-date?

People will vote with their feet if the MPs don't heed the referendum result and while it's true that parliamentary sovereignty exists, I've seen no evidence, while I've been on this planet, to suggest that any incumbent govt. has ever gone against 1 of the 13 referenda (or referendums) that we've ever had (open to be challenged on this...).

If you read Jeremy Paxman's book on why politicians become MPs, you'll look askance at your MPs - past and present, I assure you.

Edited by Seraphina