Now that Britain has voted to leave the EU, what comes next?

webfact

Cameron took a stupidly huge gamble and lost but the EU must share some of the blame as Britain's were fed up being dictated to by Brussels bureaucrats but before too many Yanks start telling us how 'stupid' we are I don't think the US would ever contemplate joining such a union themselves.

Dude, get a clue. The USA is so HUGE it comprises it's OWN union. You Brits made a mistake. The damage will be massive. Really sorry about that.

Our union's called the Commonwealth.

Yeah, we still have Nigeria and Bangladesh. Now we just need Zimbabwe back on board.

Pfft, you turned your backs on the Commonwealth countries when you changed the citizenship rules.... the only way we will accept you back is on your knees...

Which rules are those ? For the most part citizens of a commonwealth country never had the right to full British citizenship anyway

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words cannot express my Fear and Loathing of what has happened. The very worst elements of our society now feel empowered and will be flexing their muscles. Even the Leave voters who have been so cruelly deceived by the promises of our soon to be dictators will come to rue this day. Britain First will be laughing all the way to the gun shops that will soon be re-opening if the loathsome man Farage has his way. There will be many more Thomas Mairs, and many more victims of hate. Racists and thugs will soon be looking for someone to blame when the golden apples of the sun fail to rain down, and who will they be picking on? Employers will be cutting wages, and turning the clock back to the "Good old days" of mass unemployment, and only the "Right sort of people" will be able to find jobs. The asset stripping of the NHS has already begun, and the carpetbaggers will be moving into the City and the stock market this very morning. A climate of fear, not seen since the great depression and the rise of the Blackshirts, will pervade our society. There will be more Cabal Streets, (alas with no such inspiring results), and any liberal thinkers amongst the judiciary will soon find themselves sidelined and purged. I can only hope that one day the leave voters will understand what they did for their grandchildren yesterday. That they were lied to by people who never had their interests at heart will become apparent all to soon. The NHS will be the first casualty, as Farage took back his false promises within a matter of hours. Be very afraid...

After acknowledging defeat this morning, I have been too depressed to contribute. However, I take my hat off to you for telling the truth here. These people just have no idea what's going to happen.

Words cannot express my Fear and Loathing of what has happened. The very worst elements of our society now feel empowered and will be flexing their muscles. Even the Leave voters who have been so cruelly deceived by the promises of our soon to be dictators will come to rue this day. Britain First will be laughing all the way to the gun shops that will soon be re-opening if the loathsome man Farage has his way. There will be many more Thomas Mairs, and many more victims of hate. Racists and thugs will soon be looking for someone to blame when the golden apples of the sun fail to rain down, and who will they be picking on? Employers will be cutting wages, and turning the clock back to the "Good old days" of mass unemployment, and only the "Right sort of people" will be able to find jobs. The asset stripping of the NHS has already begun, and the carpetbaggers will be moving into the City and the stock market this very morning. A climate of fear, not seen since the great depression and the rise of the Blackshirts, will pervade our society. There will be more Cabal Streets, (alas with no such inspiring results), and any liberal thinkers amongst the judiciary will soon find themselves sidelined and purged. I can only hope that one day the leave voters will understand what they did for their grandchildren yesterday. That they were lied to by people who never had their interests at heart will become apparent all to soon. The NHS will be the first casualty, as Farage took back his false promises within a matter of hours. Be very afraid...

After acknowledging defeat this morning, I have been too depressed to contribute. However, I take my hat off to you for telling the truth here. These people just have no idea what's going to happen.

Hows the housing hunting going in Berlin ?

Post 85 by marcofuny sums it all up.

Those supporting brexit did so for the following main reasons:

Country, Sovereignty, Borders, Immigration, Control, Laws.

(mainly right-wing self-determination issues)

While those supporting remain did so for the following main reasons:

Europe, Rights, Economy, Trade, Human (rights?), Future.

(mainly left-wing status-quo issues)

What does it mean? The first of many coming defeats that the left-wing ideologues will be facing over the coming years.

So (human) rights, economy and trade are left-wing issues.... brilliant!

Brilliant ,, is failing to READ a post.

Europe = left-wing

Rights = left-wing

Economy = status quo

Trade (with Europe) = status-quo/left-wing

Human (rights) = left-wing

Future (?) = left-wing (?)

Well, I can tell you I am about extremely right wing when it comes to economy and trade (libertarian) and I don't find human rights or rights, trade etc. to be a left-wing thing or even a status-quo thing. I think the US constitutional writers would be very surprised to hear that rights were a left-wing thing. Facists and Communists typically are those that have problems with rights.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Cameron took a stupidly huge gamble and lost but the EU must share some of the blame as Britain's were fed up being dictated to by Brussels bureaucrats but before too many Yanks start telling us how 'stupid' we are I don't think the US would ever contemplate joining such a union themselves.

Dude, get a clue. The USA is so HUGE it comprises it's OWN union. You Brits made a mistake. The damage will be massive. Really sorry about that.

Yeah, we still have Nigeria and Bangladesh. Now we just need Zimbabwe back on board.

But all our Muslim migrants come from Europe! Didn't you know that? ?

Words cannot express my Fear and Loathing of what has happened ... <snip pages of useless drivel> ... Be very afraid...

Yes, this is the attitude of the "progressives" everywhere. We know what's best for you. We are nobler and wiser than you. So just shut up and do what you're told. If you disagree with us you are backward and stupid. You, the Great Unwashed, don't know what's good for you. Do you watch Fox News/read the Daily Mail? Leave everything to us. If you blockheads weren't so dim and brainwashed, you'd agree with us, The Anointed.

Well, the self-styled Anointed just got a mighty kick in the balls. And I hope it hurt.

Funny enough, your post reminds me of what my parents used to say when I was young.

Obviously being older & wiser I know they're now wrong, but they were right for the 1st 3rd of my life so I tend to listen to their opinion even now.

Edited by JB300

A cheaper UK will get more Int'l students going to study there. The price of cans of mushy peas will drop a tad if the pound drops and stays there. Might be better for some folks abroad.

The Brexit is made by people over 45 Years like most posters here.

The young people voted for the EU.

Conclusion: Emotions win over facts. (or understanding of the facts,)

Some of he old British people in Thailand will see the facts when they hav to go home

because the Pound will go down 2o%.

Rotten healthsystem, no Thai food they can afford, living in slums

with the other million of British people who lost the job.

But they will have the best music. British Bands working in the EU

have no mork permit, but wonderful they can enjoy in pubs.

Post 85 by marcofuny sums it all up.

Those supporting brexit did so for the following main reasons:

Country, Sovereignty, Borders, Immigration, Control, Laws.

(mainly right-wing self-determination issues)

While those supporting remain did so for the following main reasons:

Europe, Rights, Economy, Trade, Human (rights?), Future.

What does it mean? The first of many coming defeats that the left-wing ideologues will be facing over the coming years.

So (human) rights, economy and trade are left-wing issues.... brilliant!

Brilliant ,, is failing to READ a post.

Europe = left-wing

Rights = left-wing

Economy = status quo

Trade (with Europe) = status-quo/left-wing

Human (rights) = left-wing

Future (?) = left-wing (?)

Well, I can tell you I am about extremely right wing when it comes to economy and trade (libertarian) and I don't find human rights or rights, trade etc. to be a left-wing thing or even a status-quo thing. I think the US constitutional writers would be very surprised to hear that rights were a left-wing thing. Facists and Communists typically are those that have problems with rights.

If extreme right wing means looking after your own people first and improving their lives and controlling who gets in to a country..then i guess i am extreme right wing

The UK has been full of bleeding heart liberal poltitians for far too long and British citizens are treated like second class citizens in their own country and majority is now saying enough is enough...in its history the UK has stood on its own many times..

Edited by Bunnychow

I wouldn't worry too much about Farage. He gets a lot of publicity, but doesn't hold any power. He has 1 seat in parliament and his raison d'etre is now gone.

Actually, I hadn't thought about it that way! I'm cheering up! What else has Farage on his policy list except denying treatment to HIV patients who are not English?

Words cannot express my Fear and Loathing of what has happened ... <snip pages of useless drivel> ... Be very afraid...

Yes, this is the attitude of the "progressives" everywhere. We know what's best for you. We are nobler and wiser than you. So just shut up and do what you're told. If you disagree with us you are backward and stupid. You, the Great Unwashed, don't know what's good for you. Do you watch Fox News/read the Daily Mail? Leave everything to us. If you blockheads weren't so dim and brainwashed, you'd agree with us, The Anointed.

Well, the self-styled Anointed just got a mighty kick in the balls. And I hope it hurt.

And just because you won and gave us "a mighty kick in the balls" doesn't make you any less stupid or any better educated as you will discover ?

These people just have no idea what's going to happen.

It's already happening, look at the video where Farage just said that he's NOT going to respect his promises, just because, well you know, he got just a bit too much carried out from the campaign, so he don't care it was all a lie for the gullible ones, now he's in power with people just the same as himself.

Some people probably wouldn't care if they will get abused and mistreated in any possible ways, as long as they can do the same to someone else in an even worse position than them, sad sad sad, let's hope that at least the few ones whom were genuinely intending to create something positive, will rise up against their puppeteers....

The Brexit is made by people over 45 Years like most posters here. The young people voted for the EU.

Yes, and the older ones now, were the young people who helped vote Britain into the EU in the 1975 referendum and so have now had 40 years' experience of rule from Brussels. And all that 40 years of EU experience did was turn them off the whole idea.

A real triumph for the European project.

It's already happening, look at the video where Farage just said that he's NOT going to respect his promises, just because, well you know, he got just a bit too much carried out from the campaign, so he don't care it was all a lie for the gullible ones, now he's in power with people just the same as himself.

Some people probably wouldn't care if they will get abused and mistreated in any possible ways, as long as they can do the same to someone else in an even worse position than them, sad sad sad, let's hope that at least the few ones whom were genuinely intending to create something positive, will rise up against their puppeteers....

You and the Grouse should start your own scaremongering thread..the British people have spoke...you lost get over it

And just because you won and gave us "a mighty kick in the balls" doesn't make you any less stupid or any better educated as you will discover ?

Still clinging to that superior attitude? I suppose it's all you have left.

Here here...I can just hear the knashing of teeth in the British political class over the loss of their cushy EU bureaucracy sinocures after they've been given the toss by their own voters.

Hows the housing hunting going in Berlin ?

I bought in Edinburgh. I would not buy a place in Berlin, Bayern is more my style thanks!

Little Britain will become littler.

Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway all these countries are very prosperous and they 'r not part of the EU.

All these 3 countries plus one municipality does not have enough population to even fill a quarter of the UK. And their GDP content is very different too.

and one of these countries (Iceland) declared bankruptcy only 7 years ago.

This vote happened because a lot of people are unhappy in the UK. The same story is happening in the US. Politicians obviously have been ignoring the people for this to happen. It might just be a good thing. Remember your feelings today in five years. You may change your minds. I think life and business will go on. Brits are probably going to be even more politically active now in local politics.

If extreme right wing means looking after your own people first and improving their lives and controlling who gets in to a country..then i guess i am extreme right wing

The UK has been full of bleeding heart liberal poltitians for far too long and British citizens are treated like second class citizens in their own country and majority is now saying enough is enough...in its history the UK has stood on its own many times..

It sounds like you are more of a facist (authoritarian) with xenophobia mixed in. Right-wing for me is freedom, hence individual rights to live your life as you wish which includes the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. Taking away the freedom to fail also limits the freedom to succeed. People succeed or fail based on their own merits -- without much government intervention -- with the exception of making sure the markets are free for corruption (corruption is a leech on free people - it takes away the ability of the people to succeed or fail based on their own merit).

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Pfft, you turned your backs on the Commonwealth countries when you changed the citizenship rules.... the only way we will accept you back is on your knees...

Which rules are those ? For the most part citizens of a commonwealth country never had the right to full British citizenship anyway

Many of those commonwealth countries held their own referendums and chose to leave their union with the UK, some after violent uprisings. Virtually all of them became part of the British Empire through force and were ruthlessly exploited by us so I have always been a bit wary of this belief that when we ring their doorbells with a cheery 'hello, we're back' we will be welcomed with open arms. The British are proud people and rightly so with long, if not malleable, memories as this referendum has shown but it would be naive to think other nationalities do not have some pride as well.

You and the Grouse should start your own scaremongering thread..the British people have spoke...you lost get over it

Yes we lost and I accept that with good grace.

BUT WE WILL ALL suffer for this foolishness. Mark my words ?

So (APPROX) 37% of the British (voting) population said "YES", 36% said "NO" & 27% said "Nothing".

But that equates to the "British People Have Spoken" in your mind? In any other individual-counts-vote scenario (from AGMs to Unions going on strike") you'd need 50% of eligible voter to concur.

So please, don't tell me "The British People have spoken" tell me approx 1/3rd (we can call it less than 40% if it makes you happier) have spoken, but not the majority.

Edited by JB300

Still clinging to that superior attitude? I suppose it's all you have left.

Superior to whom? Just because I had a great education? Because I have done reasonably well in life? Because my children have done very well? Or just superior to you? Relax....

It sounds like you are more of a facist (authoritarian) with xenophobia mixed in. Right-wing for me is freedom, hence individual rights to live your life as you wish which includes the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. Taking away the freedom to fail also limits the freedom to succeed. People succeed or fail based on their own merits -- without much government intervention -- with the exception of making sure the markets are free for corruption (corruption is a leech on free people - it takes away the ability of the people to succeed or fail based on their own merit).

Not facist in the least...so believing in looking after a countries citizens first is facist ? LOL...what have you got in your koolaid...but hey go the whole hog label me a racist as well if you wish.,.the terms facist and racist are so over used these days by the professionally offended

For how absurd and unreal it might sound, the Leave's leaders have just taken back one of the most important promises they made, and that's just the beginning of it, have a look by yourself, you have been cheated by your own leaders, but that was expectable...not scaremongering, i wish it was, its all real and happening just in these hours http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

Drinking Tetley's in a Derbyshire pub. A local is explaining why he voted out....

"Ah were in 'ospital for couple of week, 'eart unit. Tha know what, a didn't see more than two nurses that weren't black"

What can one say?

I left......

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has given her response to the EU referendum result, stating that a second Scottish independence poll was now "on the table".

As things stand, Scotland faces the prospect of being taken out of the EU against our will.

I regard that as democratically unacceptable.

And of course we face that prospect less than two years after being told that it was our own referendum on independence that would end our membership of the European Union and that only a rejection of independence could protect it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-36620375

post-259047-0-08461000-1466776878_thumb.

Edited by HappyDazed

Mama Merkel has spoken on what will happen next

Our goal should be to shape the future relationship between Britain and the European Union in a close and fair manner. The German government will pay special attention to the interests of German citizens and the German economy in that process.

Ladies and gentlemen, the European Union is strong enough to find the right answers to today’s events. Myself and the entire government are fully committed to that.

Germany has a special interest in and a special responsibility for the European Union to succeed. That is why I have invited the president of the European Council, Donald Tusk, the French president François Hollande and the Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi for talks in Berlin on Monday. On Tuesday and Wednesday we will continue talks with other member states at the summit in Brussels.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-result-live-counting-leave-remain-brain-in-europe

But I will also tell you what is best for the German economy and the German people. You idiots in the EU will do as I tell you and not throw any spanners in the works regarding the Germans trade with the UK.