Backpackers swim in flood water on Khao San because, how often do they get to do that?

webfact

The best years of my life was when backpacking. Didnt have to pay for femail company, new sights every few weeks, didnt spend any time sitting in bars or my condo all alone , or with a nagging wife, posting on social media, i lived life.

I was in Nigeria for a few months this year. That was my 102 country (i think) I'm 42. Kinda had a good crack of the whip. ANyway, got a new job in Hong Kong with the full family relocation.

It's all good baby.

Edited by Franky Bear

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit i utterly despise backpackers. They are just above nonces for me

The best years of my life was when backpacking. Didnt have to pay for femail company, new sights every few weeks, didnt spend any time sitting in bars or my condo all alone , or with a nagging wife, posting on social media, i lived life.

My best years (still going on!) were the years where I had learned (trial and error) through backpacking ('90 Europe, Africa, India, SE-Asia) and managed to live a pretty confy non-frustrating, unbitter life in both LOS and West. However I must admit that I did not LISTEN to the utter idiotic crappy music the people in the clip are tortured by .... coffee1.gif

Edited by Mook23

I despise those who say judgmental nonsense like this.

You probable never went to university and worked in a factory in Bolton when you were 20.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

HHHMMMMMM,

nah, i'm a mechanical engineer mate. Not a bad try though :)

I was in Nigeria for a few months this year. That was my 102 country (i think) I'm 42. Kinda had a good crack of the whip. ANyway, got a new job in Hong Kong with the full family relocation.

It's all good baby.

I guess if I had to work, I would be a misery guts too.

I remember doing the same in the big flood of 95.

If it weren't for backpackers like me being adventurous and finding new places, you old sexpats wouldn't be here.

Tell me about my life mate....on you go. You have a fairly large audience reading this post, so, please, make sure you don't make a fool of yourself by getting anything wrong.

Over to you mate.....

When talking about Thailand's largest and most important tourist segment, what possibly should be said is that your use of the word "nonce" is ridiculously hateful and asinine. These mostly young people do little other than add to the SE Asia's economy.

Edited by yellowboat

You probable never went to university and worked in a factory in Bolton when you were 20.

HHHMMMMMM,

nah, i'm a mechanical engineer mate. Not a bad try though smile.png

Im a newclear fisitist.

HHHMMMMMM,

Im a newclear fisitist.

Cool

If it weren't for backpackers like me being adventurous and finding new places, you old sexpats wouldn't be here.

I'm mot a sexpat matey smile.png

Me and the family move to Hong Kong soon. smile.png

Uhg, sorry.... but sounds like sexpat to me.

It's all good baby.

I have to say that you are awesome Mr.Franky Bear.... I guess the rest of us just have to accept we will never have a life as fulfilling as yours thumbsup.gif

Ok. Might have to cancel the job and the visa then eh

It's all good baby.

I have to say that you are awesome Mr.Franky Bear.... I guess the rest of us just have to accept we will never have a life as fulfilling as yours thumbsup.gif

Thank you.

Do what you gotta do. For a savy entrepreneur like you, it must have been a real challenge to meet a woman in Hong Kong, though or any other country that isn't 3rd world.

Do what you gotta do. For a savy entrepreneur like you, it must have been a real challenge to meet a woman in Hong Kong, though or any other country that isn't 3rd world.

Ok

So much for a "western education", embarrassing really.

How do you know they're not Russians?

They are having fun,smiling, definitely not russian, Ozzies for sure.

Time to apologise to the army for bringing the name of Australia into disrepute.

HHHMMMMMM,

Im a newclear fisitist.

I test hammocks and condoms as a job. I became an expert during my backpacking years. I'm so special, atypical, unique.. A bit of a genius in fact. ?

Tell me about my life mate....on you go. You have a fairly large audience reading this post, so, please, make sure you don't make a fool of yourself by getting anything wrong.

Over to you mate.....

When talking about Thailand's largest and most important tourist segment, what possibly should be said is that your use of the word "nonce" is ridiculously hateful and asinine. These mostly young people do little other than add to the SE Asia's economy.

Particularly the antibiotics and bangkok-belly medicine part of the economy. I was here in 95 floods too. I did some stupid things as a young'n. But 'Street Klong' swimming was not one of them

Over to you mate.....

The audience is actually very small.