Brexit: David Cameron to quit after UK votes to leave EU

webfact

the failure of the EU can be outlined by the following wrong EU foreign policy decisions

1- the rapid expansion of the EU towards the east and the inclusion of (Romania, Bulgaria, Poland) on 2004, hundreds of economists and historians agreed that if the EU had just stayed a union of 14 members it would had survived much longer, instead of further expansion, the EU should have solved the Greek problem as a priority solidify the 14 members and halted all further expansions.

2 - the wrong intervention into the internal political affairs of Ukraine and the useless standoff with Russia.

3 - the war on Libya and Syria has opened the flood gates of uncontrollable massive migration, increased the levels of global terrorism, the US EU NATO and its allies supported and supplied ISIS/al Qaeda terrorists and Islamist gangs with weapons and air support, last week it was revealed by the dailymail that the french company Lafarge was even paying taxes to ISIS.

4-the crazy decision of letting Turkey join as a member.

Edited by marcofunny

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the failure of the EU can be outlined by the following wrong EU foreign policy decisions

1- the rapid expansion of the EU towards the east and the inclusion of (Romania, Bulgaria, Poland) on 2004, hundreds of economists and historians agreed that if the EU had just stayed a union of 14 members it would had survived much longer, instead of further expansion, the EU should have solved the Greek problem as a priority solidify the 14 members and halted all further expansions.

2 - the wrong intervention into the internal political affairs of Ukraine and the useless standoff with Russia.

3 - the war on Libya and Syria has opened the flood gates of uncontrollable massive migration, increased the levels of global terrorism, the US EU NATO and its allies supported and supplied ISIS/al Qaeda terrorists and Islamist gangs with weapons and air support, last week it was revealed by the dailymail that the french company Lafarge was even paying taxes to ISIS.

4-the crazy decision of letting Turkey join as a member.

number 4 has never happened Turkey is not in the EU discussion were ongoing but Turkey could not fulfill certain directives such as human rights.

number 4 has never happened Turkey is not in the EU discussion were ongoing but Turkey could not fulfill certain directives such as human rights.

it was going to happen step by step, you got no clue about Turkey with its 20 million Kurdish and stateless people who will flood all of Europe once the visa restrictions are lifted, it s Romania multiply by 20.

https://www.rt.com/news/348191-eu-referendum-turkey-visa/

Edited by marcofunny

All this she cost he cost the remain vote ect. Rubish what won it for the leave vote was the arrogance of the EU itself, sitting in their ivory towers giving no consesion to the UK firmly be living the UK public did not have the guts to leave. The sheer arrogance of the German Merkel.

it was going to happen step by step, you got no clue about Turkey with its 20 million Kurdish and stateless people who will flood all of Europe once the visa restrictions are lifted, it s Romania multiply by 20.

I have a lot of clues about Turkey. If you read the link you gave you will see I was correct.

No concession to the UK? oh dear.

The UK membership has been an endless story of rebates, concessions and exceptions from the very beginning (yes, I'm old enough to remember this).

Edited by Lannig

I have a lot of clues about Turkey. If you read the link you gave you will see I was correct.

I am pretty sure you never lived close to a Roma camp, my grand ma cant even buy water from grocery store, electricity is cut off almost weakly because of ROMA thieves stealing the electrical cables, she told me she would vote even for Kim jong un if he could save her from these people, this is what the European union has given to the working class (ghettos, misery, crimes and terrorism).

post-75536-0-17868800-1466783381_thumb.j

post-75536-0-63912700-1466783399_thumb.j

Edited by marcofunny

I am pretty sure you never lived close to a Roma camp, my grand ma cant even buy water from grocery store, electricity is cut off almost weakly because of ROMA thieves stealing the electrical cables, she told me she would vote even for Kim jong un if he could save her from these people, this is what the European union has given to the working class (ghettos, misery, crimes and terrorism).

What has any of that got to do with what I said about Turkey not meeting the impositions the EU DEMANDS for there membership.

When joining the EU, the veto right applies.

Each member can block with his vote alone.

I think Turkey is probably now no more topical issue in the EU.

But do not forget that Turkey is a NATO partner.

Or do the Brexiters want out there too?

The UK membership has been an endless story of rebates, concessions and exceptions from the very beginning.

Oh dear another europhile

Not necessarily, but not europhobe either.

Is this a problem? only europhobes allowed to post here?

the EU's ultimate policy is to convert all the major European cities into another Baghdad, Johannesburg or the Favelas of rio de janeiro, the rich elites will be living in a fortified homes and the poor working class getting murdered almost daily by the criminal gangs or the terrorists.

who would have believed that one day the navies of UK, Italy and France will go to pick up migrants 500 meters off the Libyan shores and bring them back to Europe, it s joke that Britain will collapse financially no it wont Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland all have closed border and immigration policies and they are just doing fine.

If Dodgy Dave had run project inform instead of project fear he may well have won, he alienated a lot of people with his message of ruin

it's hard to see the benefit of free trade. Though we all benefit, it's hard to gauge to what exact degree. That's what's happened inside the EU, for example, to discuss the benefits of free trade in the EU when we run deficits with most other countries year after year. Questionable if a cheap t-shirt is worth it when you can't afford your mortgage, the EU Zone got the lowest GDP growth rate in the world !!!

The UK membership has been an endless story of rebates, concessions and exceptions from the very beginning.

Oh dear another europhile

Yes they have really shown their true nasty colours today...expect more of this when France and Holland undertake their polls....the United states of Europe dream is crumbling and going down the pan

A personal email to me from Dave:

Dear JetsetBkk,

The country has just taken part in a giant democratic exercise, perhaps the biggest in our history. Over 33 million people from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar, have all had their say. We should be proud of the fact that in these islands, we trust the people with these big decisions. We not only have a parliamentary democracy but on questions about the arrangements for how we are governed, there are times when it is right to ask the people themselves, and that is what we have done. We not only have a parliamentary democracy but on questions about the arrangements for how we are governed, there are times when it is right to ask the people themselves, and that is what we have done.

The British people have voted to leave the European Union and their will must be respected. I want to thank everyone who took part in the campaign on my side of the argument, including all those who put aside party differences to speak in what they believed was the national interest. And let me congratulate all those who took part in the Leave campaign for the spirited and passionate case that they made. The will of the British people is an instruction that must be delivered. It was not a decision that was taken lightly, not least because so many things were said by so many different organisations about the significance of this decision so there can be no doubt about the result. Across the world, people have been watching the choice that Britain has made.

I would reassure those markets and investors that Britain's economy is fundamentally strong and I would also reassure Brits living in European countries and European citizens living here that they will be no immediate changes in your circumstances. There will be no initial change in the way our people can travel, in the way our goods can move or the way our services can be sold. We must now prepare for a negotiation with the European Union. This will need to involve a full engagement of the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments to ensure that the interests of all parts of our UK are protected and advanced. But above all, this will require strong, determined and committed leadership.

I am very proud and honoured to have been Prime Minister of this country for six years. I believe we have made great steps, with more people in work than ever before in our history, with reforms to welfare and education, increasing people's life chances, building a bigger and stronger society, keeping our promises to the poorest people in the world and enabling those who love each other to get married whatever their sexuality. But above all restoring Britain's economic strength. And I'm grateful to everyone who has helped to make that happen. I've also always believed that we have to confront big decisions, not duck them. That is why we delivered the first Coalition Government in 70 years, to bring our economy back from the brink. It's why we delivered a fair, legal and decisive referendum in Scotland and its why I made the pledge to renegotiate Britain's position in the European Union and hold a referendum on our membership and have carried those things out.

I fought this campaign in the only way I know how, which is to say directly and passionately what I think and feel, head, heart and soul. I held nothing back. I was absolutely clear about my belief that Britain is stronger, safer and better off inside the European Union. And I made clear the referendum was about this and this alone. Not the future of any single politician, including myself. But the British people have made a very clear decision to take a different path. And as such I think the country requires a fresh leadership, to take it in this direction.

I will do everything I can as Prime Minister to steady the ship over the coming weeks and months, but I do not think it would be right for me to try to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination. This is not a decision I have taken lightly. But I do believe it's in the national interest to have a period of stability and then the new leadership required. There is no need for a precise timetable today, but in my view we should aim to have a new Prime Minister in place by the start of the Conservative Party conference in October. Delivering stability will be important and I will continue in post is Prime Minister, with my Cabinet, for the next three months.

The Cabinet will meet on Monday, the governor of the Bank of England is making a statement about the steps that the Bank and Treasury are taking to reassure financial markets. We will also continue taking forward the important legislation that we set before Parliament in the Queen's speech. I have spoken to Her Majesty the Queen this morning and advised of the steps I am taking. Negotiation with the European Union will need to begin under a new Prime Minister and I think it is right that this new Prime Minister takes the decision about when to trigger Article 50 and start the formal and legal process of leaving the EU. I will attend the European Council next week to explain the decision the British people had taken and my own decision. The British people have made a choice. That not only needs to be respected, but those on the losing side of the argument, myself included, should help to make it work.

Britain is a special country. We have so many great advantages. A parliamentary democracy where we resolve issues about our future through peaceful debate. A great trading nation with our science and arts, our engineering and creativity, respected the world over. And while we are not perfect I do believe we can be a model of a multiracial, multi-faith democracy where people can come and make a contribution and rise to the very highest that their talent allows. Although leaving Europe was not the path I recommended, I'm the first to praise our incredible strengths. I said before that Britain can survive outside the European Union and indeed that we could find a way. Now the decision has been made to leave, we need to find the best way. And I will do everything I can to help. I love this country, and I feel honoured to have served it. And I will do everything I can in future to help this great country succeed.

Thank you very much,

David Cameron

post-35489-0-43718100-1426430701.gif

Breaking news Scotland to leave Britain, N Ireland wants to leave also and have a United Ireland but the Republic don't want them. clap2.gif

If Scotland wants to leave and this is shown through a vote, let them, get them off Londons nipple and cut the apron strings, they would never last without handouts from Brussels anyway once London stops giving them money

One side benefit to Cameron resigning (and presumably to be followed by that odious little sidekick with his sick-making promise to kick everyone in the balls with a tough budget if he did not get his way):

No more parrot-like repetition of "hard-working people"

{Not a tory hater, just a hater of political leaderships of any hue in the convictionless, short-termist, spin-led, cynical, soundbite era we live in; such a pity that the left-leaning guy who promised for a couple of weeks to bring a breath of fresh air has turned out to be totally barmylaugh.png }

As an American, I doubted the Brits would have the BA__LS to actually do a BREXIT.

Not only a BREXIT but to get rid of Cameron at the same time....what a wonderful gift.

Death to all Capitalists.

So you think we're a bunch of wimps is that what you're saying? Have a delve through English/British history over the last thousand years or so - forget what you were taught at school. Don't forget, there's only one country that stood up against the might of Mr H while others languished including your neck of the woods.

As for getting rid of Cameron, the Brits did no such thing. He resigned, which is actually quite admirable.

Canada declared war wthin the week of the Brits.

52% X 72% of those entitled to vote = 37%!

Against 48% X 72% = 34% wanting to remain

Should have been an overall majority for such a big deal IMHO.

Scotland voted by huge margin to remain

Some weird math going down here.

It was a straight non-regional yes or no vote.

17 odd million voted to leave and 1.2 odd million less voted to remain.

Is there a gaping hole in my calculation?

The UK membership has been an endless story of rebates, concessions and exceptions from the very beginning (yes, I'm old enough to remember this).

I agree and I see the Europeans have now asked us to leave as soon as possible. Makes you wonder what excuses our British politicians will now come up, who will they now blame for their incompetence. Well we all know Farage has got the next scapegoats lined up.

52% X 72% of those entitled to vote = 37%!

Against 48% X 72% = 34% wanting to remain

Should have been an overall majority for such a big deal IMHO.

Scotland voted by huge margin to remain

Some weird math going down here.

It was a straight non-regional yes or no vote.

17 odd million voted to leave and 1.2 odd million less voted to remain.

Is there a gaping hole in my calculation?

A bigger margin than most British general elections.

Next time the Labour/Conservatives party win by 4% or less, I'll expect them to voluntarily offer a reelection.

I agree and I see the Europeans have now asked us to leave as soon as possible. Makes you wonder what excuses our British politicians will now come up, who will they now blame for their incompetence. Well we all know Farage has got the next scapegoats lined up.

Just to set the facts straight the British Public voted for the UK to leave the EU not the politicians. As for the EU (European union not Europe two completely diffrent beasts) asking us to hasten our departure they can ask away means nothing, the UK is now in charge of its own destiny and can take as long as they need before invoking article 50 the trigger.

As for rebates, concessions and exceptions I think you will find that germany/france/Spain have had more over the years than the UK. Per %of what we pay in.

I hope the rest of the ordinary people of the EU sit up and take notice and follow our lead

Edited by jeab1980