Baby Python

kannot

Found this little fella on the land yesterday after some heavy rain, no sign of injury but its dead, lovely markings for a Reticulated Python not more than 18inches long wonder where Mummy is? a;lhough have seen a 3 metre one about sometime back on the road near me

post-179032-0-78113300-1466817951_thumb.

post-179032-0-67465100-1466817959_thumb.

Very nice li'l critter. Hope you moved him to a nice home.

Considering it's dead, where would that be?

No sign of any injury and they are good in water, it was a heavy storm mind.

Any of your neighbours been throwing rat poison about? If it got a small rat recently poisoned it could have done for it.

Sad to see, catch at that age they can tame quickly until they get a big bigger..

Any of your neighbours been throwing rat poison about? If it got a small rat recently poisoned it could have done for it.

Sad to see, catch at that age they can tame quickly until they get a big bigger..

No I dont have any neighbours..................Thankfully

heres one I saw recently about 8-9 feet not far from my land

post-179032-0-74357500-1466830048_thumb.

No good as a pet, they wont even retrieve a ball if you throw it

I can see the family resemblance.

No I dont have any neighbours..................Thankfully

heres one I saw recently about 8-9 feet not far from my land

And it doesn't bark when the postman comes! cheesy.gif

Anyway nice snake and a pity that it was dead.

it seems like Thai people have no good relationship to snakes.

I built a snake catcher and now people in the village call me when they have a snake on their ground or in house. They want me kill it but I never do it. I put it in a bag and drive a few km to let it free in the nature.

They call me something like "Mang Ngu" smile.png

I built a snake catcher and now people in the village call me when they have a snake on their ground or in house. They want me kill it but I never do it. I put it in a bag and drive a few km to let it free in the nature.

You are so true. It is a pity it is dead. Snakes are beautiful. I have taken a few snakes out from the car port but I would never kill one. My wife and daughters say I am crazy but snakes wont harm you if you just let them be

You are so true. It is a pity it is dead. Snakes are beautiful. I have taken a few snakes out from the car port but I would never kill one. My wife and daughters say I am crazy but snakes wont harm you if you just let them be

That is true, most snakes will avoid confrontation and won't harm you if you let them alone, and will leave if you let them a way out..........but Pit vipers are not afraid.....Pit vipers stay put very calmly sometimes under the cover of some leafs and strike when you near....!!!.. they are very well camouflaged, they have the same color as dead leafs....and extremely dangerous !!!

Snakes strike if walked on them by accident or if if you are to close !

Best regards.

post-218873-0-96032700-1466892730_thumb.

post-218873-0-14395500-1466892881_thumb.

The snake is a burmese python (not reticulated python as stated above). Baby pythons hatch April/May/June. Sad to see that it was dead, but that is nature, some just don't make it. Burmese pythons can lay up to 50 eggs. The larger one you saw, and as it is wild, is big enough in size to breed and at that size would lay about 15 eggs.

Actually, snakes make GREAT pets. Believe it or not they are affectionate, they don't shed any fur (great for people will allergies), they don't make a noise, they only eat every 10 days, can go for a year without food (if healthy to begin with - they just need access to fresh water), cheap to feed and they only poop about every 2 weeks!

The snake is a burmese python (not reticulated python as stated above). Baby pythons hatch April/May/June. Sad to see that it was dead, but that is nature, some just don't make it. Burmese pythons can lay up to 50 eggs. The larger one you saw, and as it is wild, is big enough in size to breed and at that size would lay about 15 eggs.

I looked at a google image guess they labelled it wrong whats the main difference as i wasnt 100% sure, the reticulated has different markings now i look at the correct photos.

Beautiful thing though, we mainly get the Malay Pit Viper here as the terrain is sandy rocky the odd ratsnake, a fair few Kukri snakes and one or two of the fast goden tree snakes.

Edited by kannot

I looked at a google image guess they labelled it wrong whats the main difference as i wasnt 100% sure, the reticulated has different markings now i look at the correct photos.

Beautiful thing though, we mainly get the Malay Pit Viper here as the terrain is sandy rocky the odd ratsnake, a fair few Kukri snakes and one or two of the fast goden tree snakes.

Burmese pythons have a rather uniform pattern with black edged brown markings on a lighter brown/golden background. The head also has an arrow shaped mark extending from the tip of the nose to the back of their head. Burmese pythons have a heavy body.

Reticulated pythons have a reticulated (broken) pattern. Their head ranges from pale grey to tan to yellow. Their head is also longer. Reticulated pythons have a black line that runs from just below their eye, along their cheek to the back of their head. They are also iridescent in sunlight (beautiful!). Reticulated pythons are generally long and slim.

I also get a lot of snakes where I live, including Malayan Pit Vipers (had one next to the car 2 days ago - I take a lot to the Red Cross Venom Laboratory in Bangkok as these have venom that is locale specific), kukri's, rat snakes, golden tree snakes, bronze backs, cat snakes, slug eating snakes, Burmese pythons, spitting cobras and I also have a king cobra living behind my car garage! I LOVE it here and am in my element biggrin.png

Download this it is worth it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c2elnvks3i36xen/Snakes_of_Thailand.pdf

Actually, snakes make GREAT pets. Believe it or not they are affectionate, they don't shed any fur (great for people will allergies), they don't make a noise, they only eat every 10 days, can go for a year without food (if healthy to begin with - they just need access to fresh water), cheap to feed and they only poop about every 2 weeks!

And you can make nice walks with them in your local hood....

k1IcO.jpg

Funny you should mention that it's affectionate.

I have a one eyed trouser Python and he's very affectionate as well.

Pity he was dead.

I used to have a pet python in Hong Kong.

Mate I know of a two headed rattlesnake that posts on Internet forums from Hong Kong.

Why are you reading Hong Kong Internet forums?

Pity he was dead.

I used to have a pet python in Hong Kong.

Mate I know of a two headed rattlesnake that posts on Internet forums from Hong Kong.

Why are you reading Hong Kong Internet forums?

I don't, re-read what I said, all the words have entered your brain but in the wrong order.

;)