New Passport, do I have transfer my Extension of Stay too to it ?

When you enter the country after getting the new passport you would need to show both passports to use the re-entry permit in the old one. You would be stamped into the country to the date shown on the re-entry permit in your new passport.

Then you would need to go to immigration to have all your stamps transferred to the new one.

• Like 1

When you enter the country after getting the new passport you would need to show both passports to use the re-entry permit in the old one. You would be stamped into the country to the date shown on the re-entry permit in your new passport.

Then you would need to go to immigration to have all your stamps transferred to the new one.

Thanks Joe, forgot too ask is there any documentation required ?

Thanks Joe, forgot too ask is there any documentation required ?

You should get the 'Request for Transfer of Details' form from your Embassy, your local Thai Immigration Department may require this form.

Extensions, recent entry stamps and details of the last valid visa will be noted in you new passport (what is noted varies from area to area), but any still valid visas themselves cannot be transferred and must be shown in the old passport.

As you will be out of the country when your new passport id issued, then you may have to show your old/new passport on entry then get the transfer from from the embassy before you visit your local Thai Immigration Dept. for the stamp transfer.

When you go to do your next Extension of stay, Immigration may want a photocopy of the page showing where the VISA was transferred from your old passport. I got a new passport in late 2014 and Immigration transferred the Visa to the new passport. I renewed my Extension (at Jomtien) in 2015 no problem. IN 2016 (at Jomtien again) the clerk wanted a photocopy of the page of my passport showing where the Visa had been transferred. No big deal though I wondered why they didn't ask for the same thing the previous year.

(Note: I had provided a signed photocopy of the page that had the 2015 Extension and Re-Entry permit stamps so it wasn't a matter of confusion between a "visa" and an "Extension".)

done mine last monday.

need notification form from british embassy.

photo copies of every page in your old passport.

oh nearly forgot 500BHT,SERVICE CHARGE.

dont ask for a receipt you wont get one.

• Like 1

done mine last monday.

What Immigration Office did you use and what is a 'notification letter ?

Joe said all I need to do is take my old Passport and go to Immigration and the Visa will be transferred to my new Passport.

done mine last monday.

Joe said all I need to do is take my old Passport and go to Immigration and the Visa will be transferred to my new Passport.

when you recieved your new passport you also get an embassy form for you to fill in for immigration giving them permission to transfer all your stamps from old to new.you must have this form.

done mine last monday.

when you recieved your new passport you also get an embassy form for you to fill in for immigration giving them permission to transfer all your stamps from old to new.you must have this form.

I am renewing my Pasport in the UK ?

Mr Meatboy posted this:

done mine last monday.

I went to Sriracha last Wed, 22nd, to start my new passport off, I too had to have copies of each page of my old passport plus copy of my rent agreement.

When I went back to the original office I was fast tracked through, the Imm officer went through my papers, smiled and said please wait over there, my passport went into another office.

Twenty mins later I was on my way.

I wasn't ask for any bank details.

I had NO additional fees to pay.

Job well done by smiling Sriracha Imm staff.

you will or should get the form with your new passport in the uk.they ukpa.will know that you have stamps in your old passport that need to be transfered in thailand.

Whilst the With-It Tower Mob certainly issue proforma letters to those renewing their passports here in Thailand, I doubt whether HMPO do so in the case of renewals back in the UK.

In any event, Immigration are, I understand, specific that it has to be an Embassy letter rather than an HMPO one.

The OP should therefore contact the Embassy explaining that he will be renewing his passport in the UK via the email address stated in their Important Notice at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491945/Visa_Transfer_Information.pdf

Edited by OJAS

a bit off topic:

you may need to visit any bank branches where you opened accounts with old passport and change the details to new passport.

Yrs.

In May 2016 I got a new U.S. passport.

I often use my U.S passport as I.D. when I receive my U.S. pension to my Bangkok Bank account.

After I got my new U.S. passport Bangkok Bank asked me to visit the branch where my account was originally issued to change my passport number to the new passport number.

They just changed my passport number to my new passport number in their customer database.

You should get the 'Request for Transfer of Details' form from your Embassy, your local Thai Immigration Department may require this form.

Is this form international or is it typical for Thailand?

I mean do Embassies in every country have this form?

For exemple: I will get my new passport from the Belgian Embassy in Paris (where I'm still registered). Will they provide me that document? Does it have to be translated?

Is this form international or is it typical for Thailand?

I mean do Embassies in every country have this form?

For exemple: I will get my new passport from the Belgian Embassy in Paris (where I'm still registered). Will they provide me that document? Does it have to be translated?

I think the letter may be a unique requirement that only applies to Thailand.

Immigration will want a letter from the embassy here. If it is not in English it would need to be translated.

done mine last monday.

I am renewing my Pasport in the UK ?

Those who renew their passports in Thailand usually get a letter from their embassy to submit to immigrations when they transfer stamps. The letter verifies that the embassy issued the passport.

Since you are renewing outside the country, bring along the official receipt that you got in UK when you paid for the new passport. Immigrations would probably accept that in lieu of an embassy letter. If not, you might need to visit the British embassy to get something from them.

Someone above mentioned a Baht 500 transfer fee. When I did the transfer at Jomtien there was no fee. Have done retirement extensions since then using the new passport and they did not ask for anything other than the new passport and the usual extension documentation.

Edited by Suradit69

May I barge in here with a question of my own? My US passport will expire 29 Aug 2017. I usually go to the US for a few weeks in February and return in early March. You see the problem already, I'm sure. My passport will expire less than six months after I re-enter next March.

My retirement extension expires 30 Jan every year. Can I wait until March to renew my passport, or would I be better off to just renew my passport before I show up for annual extension next January? If I have everything in order in my old passport - visa, extension, and re-entry permit - will I be allowed to re-enter next March on that passport which has less than six months to live?

Me again, LawrenceN, with a addendum to above: If I get a new passport next January, do I still have to go through the rigamarole of transferring the visa and extension, or can immigration just do the extension in the new passport? Will their heads explode if I submit old a brand new passport with my extension paperwork?

May I barge in here with a question of my own? My US passport will expire 29 Aug 2017. I usually go to the US for a few weeks in February and return in early March. You see the problem already, I'm sure. My passport will expire less than six months after I re-enter next March.

My retirement extension expires 30 Jan every year. Can I wait until March to renew my passport, or would I be better off to just renew my passport before I show up for annual extension next January? If I have everything in order in my old passport - visa, extension, and re-entry permit - will I be allowed to re-enter next March on that passport which has less than six months to live?

You will need to get a new passport before you do your extension in January or it will only be issued to the date your passport expires.

You could get it shortly before you do your extension and have the stamps transferred during the same trip to immigration.

Do you have to do this on your first reentry into Thailand with the new passport, or can you enter Thailand with an extension of stay in your old passport more than once? E.g. if it's difficult to get to an imm. office in time on your first (short) reentry.

There is no official fee for this and it should be free, mine was in Loei immigration office, any one who paid was ripped off?

see my topic on page 5," is this a new service charge at immigration" according to immigration spokesperson its a standad charge.NOT FREE

done mine last monday.

If you do not have or did not receive the transfer notification letter, then Email the British embassy and within a few days they will provide you via email with a generic "transfer form" along with instructions on how to fill it in. You then take this along with the two forms required by immigration ( transfer stamp form and new passport form).

done mine last monday.

If you do not have or did not receive the transfer notification letter, then Email the British embassy and within a few days they will provide you via email with a generic "transfer form" along with instructions on how to fill it in. You then take this along with the two forms required by immigration ( transfer stamp form and new passport form).