Beware when you put your I phone in for repair

bkmbkk

I should have known better after many years here, but the scammers are sometimes ahead of my level.

Within the last 6 month had my I phone 5 (64 G) in for a screen change and another time for a battery change.

I just recently downloaded the memory to my laptop in connection with a phone upgrade.

It is than I discover my 64 G memory is now 16 G.

I used the small phone shops outside the Apple store in Central Festival for the repairs.

Lesson learned

Check your memory before repair with staff and after repair with staff.

This is typical - you think it is great service at good price and fast - But !!!

I brought my iPhone in for a new battery. Came back 1 hour later, checked the battery doctor app I installed, it said the battery had been charged 700 times. I confronted the guy. He was surprised I had this app. He admitted he had put in a used battery and gave my money back. He then asked where to get the app. Such crooks!

I purchased my iPhone 6 from iBeats, an Apple approved store. Battery swelled 200% in size after 18 months. I took the phone back to iBeats, they sent it to Bangkok, and it was fixed and returned (in 3 weeks), for no charge. I was pleased.

One year ago I bought a 32 G memory card for my smartphone at one of the small shops at Central.

No particular problems (the card was really 32G), but in my new memory card I found several pictures of some people that I did not know ...... ;-)

One year ago I bought a 32 G memory card for my smartphone at one of the small shops at Central.

No particular problems (the card was really 32G), but in my new memory card I found several pictures of some people that I did not know ...... ;-)

It sums it up right there.

If you upgrade to a 64 G you might see me tongue.png

Years back (when people drove Honda Dreams and there where no scooters) I learned to check if it was still the original CDI and carburetor mounted on the moped after a tyre rep.

The Mech would simply change original parts out with second hand copy parts and sell the original parts.

You would never know until a few weeks later the moped needs another check up at your trusted Mech - keeps the guy busy.

It sums it up right there.

If you upgrade to a 64 G you might see me

If you go to a shop to have anything internal serviced you make sure you watch and they don't gut your phone. You don't let them take it to the back room or yoour battery, at the very least will be gone. They are crooks but you should know that when they are doing replacements for this price. Go to Samsung or Apple to get your work done.

IPhones do not have removable memory cards.

He must have gotten a completely different phone then.

The iphone memory is part of the main board and so far i know can't be replaced separate.

IPhones do not have removable memory cards.

He must have gotten a completely different phone then.

The iphone memory is part of the main board and so far i know can't be replaced separate.

The shop has either swapped the main board, the whole phone, or the phone cover, either on purpose, or accidentally. I doubt the shop has the expertise to remove the internal memory chip.

OP, did you store your IMEI number and compare it to the IMEI number of the phone they gave you?