Quack arrested after ladyboy claims blindness

webfact

Quack arrested after ladyboy claims blindness

s5pp.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- An alleged quack beauty surgeon has been arrested after a ladyboy says she was almost blinded by filler treatments.

Somsakun Moonnark, 40, faced police and his alleged victim who was wearing dark glasses after he was arrested In Ngam Wong Wan Soi 59 on Sunday, reported Daily News.

He was wanted on quackery charges after an arrest warrant was issued following complaints made by Namphet, the assumed name of the 29 year old ladyboy.

Namphet said that she had gone to Somsakun's surgery for several filler treatments done by injection that cost 9,000 baht. After coming over all queer she went to see a doctor who said that anesthetic had entered her eye. When symptoms didn't improve and her eye began to hurt and she started to vomit she went back to the doctor who told her that an unknown substance was entering her eye through an artery and it could cause blindness.

Namphet says she now suffers from blurred vision and warned the public who wanted to be beautiful to choose their clinic wisely.

The case against Somsakun is now being finalized ahead of a court appearance. He faces several charges of negligently operating a surgery without permission and without the necessary licenses. He was arrested at his clinic in the Lat Yao, Chatujak area of Bangkok.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-27

The writer sinks so low to mock someone when they have been almost blinded and the comments section laughs along with him.

Must all be Brexit voters.

Assuming the author is Thai and writing ESL, he/she may not even have realised they were being punny. Mind Your Language was a low-grade comedy series based on exactly that sort of mistake/faux pa. It only ran for 9 years.

"Namphet said that she had gone to Somsakun's surgery for several filler treatments done by injection that cost 9,000 baht. After coming over all queer she went to see a doctor who said that anesthetic had entered her eye"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. Oh deary me, that bought a tear to my eye. There's a word you don't see very often. Now.

That's definitely not PC... the Daily News hath a joker in their midst...

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Guilty as charged....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daffy_Duck

I can't stop laughing at this.....How does a judge point the the finger at someone and say you are brought before this court today on the charges of excessive "quackery" with out laughing out loud...? are you just fined or is there a lengthy jail sentence on a farm ?

You can't make it up ......

Guilty as charged....

I can't stop laughing at this.....How does a judge point the the finger at someone and say you are brought before this court today on the charges of excessive "quackery" with out laughing out loud...? are you just fined or is there a lengthy jail sentence on a farm ?

Methinks you missed the funniest bit. Funnier by very far...

Oh God, you couldn't make this stuff up...

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

A korea interpreter friend of mine who frequently translate for those in the medical industry, she says often times when thai clinics buy stuff, they never asked about if something is FDA approve or if it is certified.

another procedure gone bad.

it can happen to the best of us but the chances are greater if we take a chance

with a person who is not even qualified to perform the procedure.

it is best to shop around for opinion and views of other clients before deciding

on the person you are going to trust with your problem.

"Namphet said that she had gone to Somsakun's surgery for several filler treatments done by injection that cost 9,000 baht. After coming over all queer she went to see a doctor who said that anesthetic had entered her eye"

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. Oh deary me, that bought a tear to my eye. There's a word you don't see very often. Now.

Winnie

I can think of a few better words to describe the author / reporter of this load of garbage, but unfortunately they would he quickly deleted, one word rhymes nicely with joker. Edited by Artisi

Guilty as charged....

"......are you just fined or is there a lengthy jail sentence on a farm ?"

post-9891-0-90989000-1467021554_thumb.jp

He will be sent to a state quackery for a few years for using fowl language..

"Quackery".... is there really a law in Thailand making quackery an offense?... If so then duck farmers need to be very careful.

As a serial dyslexic I thought it was something to do with prison reform in the 1800s :)

"Quackery".... is there really a law in Thailand making quackery an offense?... If so then duck farmers need to be very careful.

As a serial dyslexic I thought it was something to do with prison reform in the 1800s smile.png

As a cereal dyslexic are you familiar with Quacker Oats?tongue.png

The use of the word "queer" is insulting, unnecessary and non PC, keep it up.

Most gay people I know have no problem with the word queer. And if you can be bothere to look it up the word queer was used to described people who didnt feel well long before it was used to describe gay people.

Stop getting upset on behalf of other people, it just makes you look sad.

Most gay people I know have no problem with the word queer. And if you can be bothere to look it up the word queer was used to described people who didnt feel well long before it was used to describe gay people.

Sense of humour bypass?

Sense of humour bypass?

There was nothing to suggest you were being funny. But if you were, B-. Must try harder. oooerrr.

I find the article offensive. It is a serious injury and dismissing the victim as "The ladyboy" and the poor attempt at humor is awful. If this were a "normal" lady being victimized by this quack would everyone still be having a good laugh over it.

I guess it's OK to marginalize and ridicule people who are on the fringes. It gives the hateful geriatrics at TV something to laugh at.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Governments have a propensity to over regulate businesses...but in Thailand...anyone can hang out shingle and start working on people with little worry about being discovered...unless they do a sloppy joy and police are alerted...

The writer sinks so low to mock someone when they have been almost blinded and the comments section laughs along with him.

More than 33 million people voted regarding Brexit and you think they are all represented by a few posts on Thaivisa?

More than 33 million people voted regarding Brexit and you think they are all represented by a few posts on Thaivisa?

I agree, poster must be a Remainer

Winnie

I can think of a few better words to describe the author / reporter of this load of garbage, but unfortunately they would he quickly deleted, one word rhymes nicely with joker.

A gay man possibly offended by the reporters words? Build a bridge princess