Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Patong tuk-tuk driver, four others, arrested for assault on Swedish tourist

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so what were your reading then ? there were 5 of them

For the big tough Thai's that is marginal, usually they need at least 8 preferably 10

Hmmm for some big tough Aussie who bash packers or anyone looking at them 10 on one is about rite !

Setting aside the actions of the cowardly attackers there is a loud message in this story for a lot of people.

Don't stagger home drunk alone at 3.45 am, particularly in Patong or Pattaya.

He is lucky to be alive given the penchant these days to bring out the slash and stab weaponry.

Sort of agree with you, but think it depends how drunk you are- a few beers feeling a bit merry fine.

Much much more then aggression sets in.

These days Pattaya is more like HuaHin - Patong is the Wild Wild West and much more dangerous .

The tuk- tuks sit at end of Bangla RD. I lived there and once I wanted to return to Nicky's handlebar bar, and tuk-tuk wanted 500 baht and if you been there its around the other side of beach road 1/2 k Thieves they are and rude.

quality tourist how about quality tourist providers.

I guess either you live or have lived in Phuket or you have visited here because everyone and their dog knows these tuk tuk guys are just scumbag animals plain and simple !! and for people to actually stand up for these dogs really says a lot about them !! it's laughable it really is Lol I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire !! and that's coming from someone who's lives in Phuket for over 20 years !! never never never trust them or one day you will be burning at a Temple because you did.

5 Thais were arrested...'arrested' means sod-all here nowadays, no charges will be brought against these thais (it's an insult to call them 'men')

But this story will be seen by 1000's worldwide...just like all the other attacks by Thais this year..Amazing Thailand.

N2it

"Swedish Muslim by the looks​"

Yes I watched the football match last night between Italy and Spain. I was amazed that almost all of the players were Muslim. I guess I had better go and shave before someone spits at me in the street!.

Tuk-tuk driver Natee Dechaoop is a very, very small man, with a heart the size of a grape. He refuses to ever fight another man, unless he is joined by three or four other idiot friends. He might consider fighting a woman, or a child. But, never another man without either a lethal weapon, or several other men. What a wimp. Let us hope some miracle happens, and he is charged with a crime of some sort. Battery and assault come to mind.

Phuket tuk-tuks are some of the greatest offenders in the country. They are famous the world over. The only reason nothing is ever done about it, is that their union (the mafia) is more powerful than both the local police, and the army. That is the only reasonable explanation.

Let me see if i follow your reasoning here.

You and four friends step out for a smoke at 2 AM .. and a large man walks up and gets into it with one of your friends, who is meaningfully out sized and unskilled in fighting.

Are you saying you and your mates stand there and watch him take a beating ... in the name of "fair??"

Please scratch me off your "Future Buddy" list.

Well, I suppose we are both assuming some things happened. I do not see any indication that the foreigner attacked, or started a fight with the Thai man. All we know is they had words, which led to a fight five on one. Yes, if the tuk tuk guy started the fight, I would expect his friends to stay out of it. However, if they were just looking for trouble, as they often are, that is a different story.

I was not offended by not being added to your future buddy list. Frankly, anyone who defends these creeps is no friend of mine! Most of them are vermin and swine.

A lonesome Swede in Bangla rd.at these hours? No wonder they beat him up, poor guy.

What I hear from friends in Phuket is that Patong is completely desolated the last few months, and deservedly so. The tuktuk and taxi drivers are slowly succeeding in digging their own grave, hope I can be there to push them in

The Tuk Tuk drivers are contributing to their own downfall. The way things are going-Phuket will be devoid of any tourists and thus the drivers will have no one to beat up or anyone to ride in their Tuk Tuks. Keep it up boys. The World is watching and voting with their feet.

"Witnesses told police that the tourist appeared to be drunk when he walked down Bangla Rd."

Drunk tourist, one that happens to be the size of a mountain, stumbling down the road. I think the end result is not what I would call unexpected.

Tuk-tuk driver Natee Dechaoop is a very, very small man, with a heart the size of a grape. He refuses to ever fight another man, unless he is joined by three or four other idiot friends. He might consider fighting a woman, or a child. But, never another man without either a lethal weapon, or several other men. What a wimp. Let us hope some miracle happens, and he is charged with a crime of some sort. Battery and assault come to mind.

Phuket tuk-tuks are some of the greatest offenders in the country. They are famous the world over. The only reason nothing is ever done about it, is that their union (the mafia) is more powerful than both the local police, and the army. That is the only reasonable explanation.

Let me see if i follow your reasoning here.

You and four friends step out for a smoke at 2 AM .. and a large man walks up and gets into it with one of your friends, who is meaningfully out sized and unskilled in fighting.

Are you saying you and your mates stand there and watch him take a beating ... in the name of "fair??"

Please scratch me off your "Future Buddy" list.

The fact that you would join the fight instead of breaking it up, says enough.

"Witnesses told police that the tourist appeared to be drunk when he walked down Bangla Rd."

Drunk tourist, one that happens to be the size of a mountain, stumbling down the road. I think the end result is not what I would call unexpected.

So a person may have been drunk, 5 guys beat the crap out of him, is that justifiable punishment for drinking?

Tuk-tuk driver Natee Dechaoop is a very, very small man, with a heart the size of a grape. He refuses to ever fight another man, unless he is joined by three or four other idiot friends. He might consider fighting a woman, or a child. But, never another man without either a lethal weapon, or several other men. What a wimp.

Where I grew up, the only acceptable reason to fight was to defend myself and my family from harm. And that being the case, the objective of any fight was to win. Not to prove how tough we were.

Tossing up my dukes and fighting one on one to prove something- that was the idiot move.

You can call the guy a wimp, but it's the Swede who was laid out on the road. So who, exactly, got what they were after, the Thais or the Swede?

Not defending what they did, or why they did it. But judging them by a foreign standard of manhood is to underestimate them.

Swedish Muslim by the looks...I could be wrong....sad day for tuk tuk drivers...pay the fine, 500 baht and go back to work please.

anyone with a beard is muslim? Are you thai?

Tsk, tsk. Everyone knows Muslims can't drink alcohol.

Setting aside the actions of the cowardly attackers there is a loud message in this story for a lot of people.

Don't stagger home drunk alone at 3.45 am, particularly in Patong or Pattaya.

He is lucky to be alive given the penchant these days to bring out the slash and stab weaponry.

I`ve been staggering home sometimes before and sometimes after 3.45 am whistling.gif in both Patong and Pattaya for years now and never had any problems.Be aware of your surroundings and keep your yap shut and you`ll be just fine.

Hard to say who started it, I've seen too often drunk tourist would tell tuk tuk / taxi drivers to f'k off....this of courses pisses the drivers off and altercation starts. The F word really gets Thai heated.

Also seen tuktuk drives tell drunk tourist f'k you if they simply wave their hands off when the driver offers their service. But majority of the time, its the Thais who can't control their anger problem resulting in fights.

Archived