Pollution Control Dept to restore Khli Ti Stream in Kanchanaburi Province after lead contamination

webfact

Pollution Control Dept to restore Khli Ti Stream in Kanchanaburi Province after lead contamination

kan.jpg

KANCHANABURI, 28 June 2016 (NNT) - The Pollution Control Department is preparing to restore Khli Ti Stream in Kanchanaburi province after lead contamination. The project is expected to take 1,000 days and has a budget of 584 million baht.

Director-General of the Pollution Control Department Wijarn Simachaya said that with a finalized budget of 584 million baht, the department has commenced with the e-bidding process, which will conclude on August 11. After the auction, the winning bidder will be able to begin project operations in the same month.

The project includes the construction of landfills, restoring areas near the mineral processing plant, construct two additional lead traps, updating geographic information of the contaminated area and holding a public awareness campaign.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-28 footer_n.gif

I guess the Thai company /individuals responsible for this contamination, which prompted the clean up will not be held responsible for these costs.

They have the equipment and expertise to mine the site, they can / should be responsible for cleaning it up themselves or pay who ever gets the bid to do the work.

I guess the Thai company /individuals responsible for this contamination, which prompted the clean up will not be held responsible for these costs.

They have the equipment and expertise to mine the site, they can / should be responsible for cleaning it up themselves or pay who ever gets the bid to do the work.

Considering their intimacy with the issues and their expertise, they'll probably even win the contract. Get paid to clean up their own mess...

Edit: If they hadn't closed down in 1998, that is!

Edited by jamesbrock

Wow, so as of four years ago, the PCD had spent 14 years continually cleaning the creek using "natural recovery methods to rehabilitate the waterway as recommended by the National Environmental Board" but now they need a further B584 million to clean the creek??

No wonder the incompetent buffoon in the picture looks like he deciding whether to go with the leather or alcantara in his new Benz...