Good Web site to rent house near Pattaya

Leburn

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a house to rent around Pattaya and I find very annoying site or agent to find house. Last experience I had was houses visited (one with two bed and the other 4 bed for 13000 and 15000 per month) which were simply shit holes that I wouldn't rent for 10,000.

When I asked to see houses shown it is already rented.

When I want to visit another house they don't even know that house is in their data.

I had one agent that was saying that the owner was impossible to reach and I couldn't visit the house because it was somewhere lust around 1 km away from the office.

I'm fed up with those ............ ( put the word you want there).

Is their a easier way or any sites I can find and contact directly the renter or am I doom?

Thanks for help, Bruno

I agree with your comments 100%.

I am looking too.

I have found some rentals, though haven't rented yet, by driving around and finding villages within the area I am interested in.

Rentals in the villages have signs outside indicating they are empty rentals.

Maybe try that option in seeking what you require.

Good luck !!

Bruno, Hou are a 100% correct the estate agents here are simply worthless and if you do rent through them you are paying an additional monthly fee to them.

Your best bet is to first locate an area you prefer and then to ride your motor bike around and look for individual rentals by owners. Its a bit of a hassle but you will save a bit and be dealing in most parts with the actual owners.

I am looking too.

I have found some rentals, though haven't rented yet, by driving around and finding villages within the area I am interested in.

Good luck !!

+1

Most Thailand rental websites are crap, because nobody maintains them. New listings get added once in a while, but nobody ever removes the listings when they go off the market.

The agents are happy to have a lot of properties on their website in order to get your interest and enquiry, and then do the classic "bait and switch" on you. Farang and Thai agents are same in this regard.

Only solution is to drive around and find areas that suit you for local shops/bars/access etc then look at the estates in that area. (use google earth with street view) Estates will fall into two categories

1. Thai = **** holes and

2. mainly falang owned/occupied which can be reasonable.

Next:-

Research any estates you like to find out what is for rent and how much (drive around them and look at rental signs etc). Ask around as local knowledge is key particularly word of mouth. Its not unusual for some owner to be asking a ridiculous price for a shabby property while there is one which is twice as good and half the price on the same road.

Unfortunately there is no answer to using your own eyeballs as the agents are USELESS and will sign you up in a bad deal within a heartbeat.

Bang Saray is 30 minutes away from Pattaya but at Dhewee Park there are 2 houses for rent at about 25K & 30K (with pool.) They are 3 bed/2 bath bungalows. The estate is a Juristic entity so everything is maintained scrupulously; gym/pool/security/garbage collection 3 times a week. There are 62 houses on the estate (61 paid their Maintenance fees last year.) We have a million & a half in the bank & Accounts are published every month. PM me for the office manager's phone (Thai) or mine (English).

A well-run estate has to be worth several thousand a year to both owners/buyers.

I am looking too.

Good luck !!

Yes, that's what I'm doing now and I ask friends to help me now...

Thanks

Most Thailand rental websites are crap, because nobody maintains them. New listings get added once in a while, but nobody ever removes the listings when they go off the market.

The agents are happy to have a lot of properties on their website in order to get your interest and enquiry, and then do the classic "bait and switch" on you. Farang and Thai agents are same in this regard.

You are so right. Same same in Canada...

Only solution is to drive around and find areas that suit you for local shops/bars/access etc then look at the estates in that area. (use google earth with street view) Estates will fall into two categories

1. Thai = **** holes and

2. mainly falang owned/occupied which can be reasonable.

Next:-

Research any estates you like to find out what is for rent and how much (drive around them and look at rental signs etc). Ask around as local knowledge is key particularly word of mouth. Its not unusual for some owner to be asking a ridiculous price for a shabby property while there is one which is twice as good and half the price on the same road.

Unfortunately there is no answer to using your own eyeballs as the agents are USELESS and will sign you up in a bad deal within a heartbeat.

Yes, thanks. I just feel that they want to lead me to the house they want me to rent. They don't bother of what I ask, they just want to lead me. Good thing that doctors and dentists here are not minded like that. LOL

Try and rent from falangs if you can

Maintenance much better. Deposit back

A lot more likely

Unsecured deposit, yes I know, I have been stolen twice now. I will try to rent a house from a farang if I can, Thanks

Bruno, Hou are a 100% correct the estate agents here are simply worthless and if you do rent through them you are paying an additional monthly fee to them.

Your best bet is to first locate an area you prefer and then to ride your motor bike around and look for individual rentals by owners. Its a bit of a hassle but you will save a bit and be dealing in most parts with the actual owners.

Many landlords who put signs out also have their properties listed with real estate agents. Mostly the real estate agents are not aware if the landlord rents out his property or not as they don't communicate.

Real estate agents don't normally get a monthly fee. They usually get one month's rent, then forget about it and are no longer involved. There's not a great incentive for real estate agents to work hard on rentals, so that's why they appear useless.

Unfortunately all of them are collecting 2 month's security deposit these days. I consider that a risk to consider when renting here. If the owner tells you to get lost when asking for it back, there's nothing you can do. He doesn't even need a real reason to keep it - you have no protection.

If you're a fussy customer the real estate agents soon lose interest in you. I contacted many real estate agents (through websites & direct at offices) over months of searching and never heard from any of them again. I get the occasional spam mail trying to sell me property.

Bang Saray is 30 minutes away from Pattaya but at Dhewee Park there are 2 houses for rent at about 25K & 30K (with pool.) They are 3 bed/2 bath bungalows. The estate is a Juristic entity so everything is maintained scrupulously; gym/pool/security/garbage collection 3 times a week. There are 62 houses on the estate (61 paid their Maintenance fees last year.) We have a million & a half in the bank & Accounts are published every month. PM me for the office manager's phone (Thai) or mine (English).

A well-run estate has to be worth several thousand a year to both owners/buyers.

Nice but kind of expensive .Any other estates in Bang Saray in the B10k to B15 k a month range ?