PM Prayut tells seasoned politicians to accept judicial process first

webfact

PM tells seasoned politicians to accept judicial process first

433_PM-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has snubbed at Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, saying that veteran politicians should accept justice process first before they start talking with one another on how to resolve the country’s pressing problems.

“What way out? What problems they are supposed to resolve?” retorted the prime minister when asked to comment on the proposal of Khunying Sudarat, a core member of the Pheu Thai party, for veteran politicians of all political shades to discuss national problems.

Prime Minister Prayut said that the seasoned politicians should first start by accepting the judicial process and then proceeding with discussions on national problems. He insisted that, as the government, he could not talk with offenders who do not respect judicial process.

He went on saying political parties have been privately holding meetings among themselves without government’s interference.

The prime minister refused to comment when asked whether it is true that all political parties will be required to register after the promulgation of the new constitution as indicated by Khunying Sudarat.

“You go to ask the person who made the remark. I didn’t say it. The dissolution of old parties is my responsibility,” said the prime minister.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-tells-seasoned-politicians-accept-judicial-process-first/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-29

Just accept the current situation and don't discuss national problems. Well that will get the country moving forward.

Numbnut Prayuth is lucky the U.N and the world understand the Junta's form of democracy and support him and his group.

I have been to Asia over one dozen times, with as many trips to Thailand, sometimes staying as long as two months at a time. Having some casual conversations with many Asian people it is amazing how often I get responses back going something like this: "We can't have the type of democracy you have in America. We need a strong leader with the power to get things done".

Granted the American government can at times be very dysfunctional and the checks and balances the founding fathers had in mind can be quite a nuisance. And yes there is always corruption, and people with money and power can wield more influence than others, and all the other problems that come with trying to govern people. But the two polarizing things I see in Thailand now is how the Police force is not controlled by the people/civilians. That to me is one of the key things in a government.