Video: Thai culture in action - ordination goes wrong

webfact

Video: Thai culture in action - ordination goes wrong

s4a.jpg
Manager Online

SAMUT SONGKHRAM: -- A video of a traditional ordination procession has been doing the rounds of social media. But in this clip it all goes wrong as the ordinee and a friend are thrown off the back of a souped-up pick-up truck as the driver burns rubber.

The clip was posted online and shows the friend of the boy being ordained being carried onto another vehicle after hitting the tarmac and falling unconscious, reported Manager Online. He was taken to hospital.

It was filmed in the street in Ban Phaew in Samut Songkhram province. The poster said that he did not know if the ordination took place after the accident. Many people can be heard angrily swearing after the incident as the traditional ordination music plays in the background.

*Warning! Graphic content*

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-29

Only in Thailand - NOT!.

A friend of mine went to pick up his daughter from school - in AUSTRALIA. Another daddy - a "cool" one, came to pick up his daughter as well. That cool daddy has souped-up his vehicle and and thought burning some rubber will surely impress his daughter/her friends/teachers/other parents or someone.... He ended up "parked" inside my friend's vehicle, causing it a total loss. Just lucky no one got injured there....

Surprised one of them wasn't marrying the pick-up.

coffee1.gif

The driver is married to the pick-up, getting married again to the pick-up would be bigamy. The pick-up's name by the way is Doris

Edited by gandalf12

Just picking him up and throwing him in the truck could easily have done more damage to his health than the actual fall.

You must be kidding! Are you a doctor too?

He doesn't need to be a doctor to know not to move a 'patient' like they did. He could have fallen on his head and cracked a neck vertebrae. Moving without proper knowledge of his injury would cause further injury.

I was pleased to see a neighbor buy a child seat for the kiddie 3 years old who had slapped into the windscreen recently when mummy braked hard. I had warned about him standing at the front of the truck and he hit the screen so hard it cracked. Unfortunately she cut the straps off the 'safety chair' as they did not look nice sad.png

Just picking him up and throwing him in the truck could easily have done more damage to his health than the actual fall.

He doesn't need to be a doctor to know not to move a 'patient' like they did. He could have fallen on his head and cracked a neck vertebrae. Moving without proper knowledge of his injury would cause further injury.
Exactly, i showed the clip to my wife (who actually is an ER doctor) and the first thing she said was " they shouldnt move the guy like that".

I liked the bit at the beginning with the guy at the front of the pickup who somehow thought he was preventing it from moving forwards. Perhaps he should not have moved! gigglem.gif

It was this guy's fault, for sure. While he was leaning his weight against it, the pickup didn't move. It only jerked forward when he stepped back. I hope hope they sue his sorry asss.

Did I say jerk?

Only in Thailand - NOT!.

A friend of mine went to pick up his daughter from school - in AUSTRALIA. Another daddy - a "cool" one, came to pick up his daughter as well. That cool daddy has souped-up his vehicle and and thought burning some rubber will surely impress his daughter/her friends/teachers/other parents or someone.... He ended up "parked" inside my friend's vehicle, causing it a total loss. Just lucky no one got injured there....

The cool daddy with the souped up car is called an Anglo Bogan, they spend most of their day stoned and pissed, talking about the burnouts they did and the footy, when the go on holidays they go to Bali, and spend most of their day stoned and pissed,

talking about the burnouts they did and the footy.

I was a trained ambulance driver in the UK!

Any normal person knows not to lift someone with head or spinal injuries.

Edited by petedk