Bangkok man says he slashed stranger because he was drunk, confused

webfact

Bangkok man says he slashed stranger because he was drunk, confused
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

teen1.jpg
Worawat Lungsan, 21, participates in a police ‘re-enactment’ on Wednesday in Bangkok’s Min Buri district.

BANGKOK — A Bangkok man confessed today to slashing a woman’s arm with a knife last week, but said it was a case of mistaken identity because he was really drunk at the time.

Worawat Lungsan, 21, said Wednesday that he was out in the Min Buri district looking to score some more cough syrup to keep his high going when he saw a teen couple on a motorcycle late in the afternoon of June 19.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/06/29/bangkok-man-says-slashed-stranger-drunk-confused/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-06-29

"Slashed the arm in a case of mistaken identity".

He failed biology and thought the arm was the victims neck. Now free on 500 Baht bail he wont make the same mistake again. He has now discovered how a head is connected to the torso.

being drunk while committing a crime should be an aggravating circumstance. Alcohol brings out people's real character.

I would take issue with the second part of your statement........Alcohol brings out a person's real feelings!... Drunk people open up and talk about

things they would not when sober.Now when you add alcohol the worst of someone's character can not only surface in words,but terrible actions.

Why do think so many people become emotional(crying etc...)when under the influence..

being drunk while committing a crime should be an aggravating circumstance. Alcohol brings out people's real character.

I would take issue with the second part of your statement........Alcohol brings out a person's real feelings!... Drunk people open up and talk about

things they would not when sober.Now when you add alcohol the worst of someone's character can not only surface in words,but terrible actions.

Why do think so many people become emotional(crying etc...)when under the influence..

This is even worse.

Being emotional is not an excuse for being violent, rather, it's a good reason for staying away from alcohol.

All so very Thai. An intoxicated young man slashes a woman's arm and is arrested.

In the 're-enactment entertainment, here we have the young lady and her boyfriend sitting on the motorbike calmly watching this farce while the accused pretends to slash the driver with what looks like a wooden spatula

Most guys I know would have been off that bike and all over the punk, and rightly so. But, the police were protecting the right of the accused to a fair demonstration.

Are you talking about yourself?

Alcohol certainly doesn't show my real character. It brings out a Dr.Jekyll, which is no way what is my normal self.

Slashing someone then thinking he is absolved because it wasn't the person he wanted to slash is yet another quintessentially Thai trait the deserves to go into the Pride of Thailand project...

So many things wrong here. Who says he thinks he is absolved? He is just saying why he did it.

A Thai trait? Have you ever lived in any other country? People makes excuses and blame things like alcohol, insanity etc for committing crimes in ALL countries I have lived.

Some people will pick up on anything to get their hatred of the Thai people out of their system.

This is even worse.

Being emotional is not an excuse for being violent, rather, it's a good reason for staying away from alcohol.

Read it again......

When did i say it's a 'excuse" for being violent?.......all i said was people reveal their true feelings...can lead to regretful actions later..

Being emotional is not worse if it's crying and talking freely!..........yes..stay away from alcohol if u can.....Not called "the demon' drink' for nothing.

The headline is about confused as he was,he was not drunk,says nothing about alcohol,

but he was high on cough syrup,must have had a bad cough !

regards Worgeordie

When someone is high on other things like cough mixture, Thais say the same word as when high on alcohol.

What's so complicated about this case that it requires a reconstruction ?

Nothing but the BIB never pass up a chance to make it look as if they're on the ball. Now what about all the cases that they and the DSI are dragging their feet over ?

Ssshh.

Theres always an excuse. Why print this oxygen thief's "reason" for doing what he did? He assaulted someone with a knife, end of story. It's like drivers never crash through their own fault, they always "lose control" due to heavy rain or some nonsense. Thailand's culture of avoiding direct blame has them in the non-progressive state they are in now.

Using the excuse of being drunk and mistaking the person attacked for someone else should have a mandatory sentence anyway to put a stop to these stupid statements.

What i never get used to are these re-enactments. Why (in this case) put the victim through the emotional trauma again?

<deleted> in Thailand...........................sad.png

Are you talking about yourself?

Alcohol certainly doesn't show my real character. It brings out a Dr.Jekyll, which is no way what is my normal self.

Are you sure about that?

"I was really drunk at the time." seems to be the standard excuse these days. Instead of considering that information in any way that would make judgement more lenient for the offender, I suggest increasing the penalty for crimes committed while intoxicated -- full reasonable punishment for the crime plus a hefty extra for being drunk in public, perhaps similar to the extra attached to crimes committed at night vs daytime crimes.