Shortcut sergeant takes a dip in his Pajero

webfact

Shortcut sergeant takes a dip in his Pajero

s5a.jpg
Image: Sanook

AYUTTHAYA: -- A deputy police sergeant thought it would be a good idea to drive his Pajero over a rickety bridge to the other side of an Ayuthaya canal.

But as he got halfway he regretted his decision as the wooden bridge gave way plunging driver and Mitsubishi into the depths of the Cholaprathan canal, reported Sanook.

Only quick thinking with a spanner saved his life.

The drama happened in Ban Heap of Uthai district as local deputy sergeant Praman Rammon was out for a drive.

He needed to get to the other side of the canal and seeing as the local road was under repair he decided to use the wooden bridge to cross the klong.

""As I got to the middle it caved in, " said Praman. "All the electrics in the car went out and I started sinking beneath the water.

I managed to maintain my composure and found a spanner and smashed my way out through a window before villagers arrived on the scene" he added.

A 70 year old local man said that the bridge had been in a bad state of repair for ages and was used armers with lightweight ploughing equipment.

He bemoaned the fact that now locals would have to walk two kilometers to get to the other side of the canal.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-30

In most cases, the driving behaviour shows how quickly a person progressed from riding a motorcycle to driving a car...

I say it quite a lot:

They went from centuries of buffalo and carts in rice paddies, to modern 21st Century vehicles in one generation, must too fast fast for them to properly manage.

This is simply evidence of such. biggrin.png

How did this knuckle head become a policeman, no I Q test required or a bag of money???

By the way his car is NOT in the depths of the canal, just in the shallows

If he had bought a Toyota in Aus he could be singing " Oh what a feeling " about now gigglem.gif

Thailand's finest in action !

Little wonder he's a ' deputy ' Sgt and by the way what is a deputy Sgt ?

Now he's an Under Sergeant

Maybe they should transfer him to the RTN's Submarine Squadron as he's actually been under water.

I wonder how he can afford a car like that on his salary.

I wonder how a lot of people can afford the cars they drive. My neigbours rent a dirty horrible apartment for 4000 per month, are apparently "rubber farming researchers" and they have an S Class and a new Fortuner! I suspect they may be "researching" something else... they have an usual amount of visitors biggrin.png

As for the Pajero guy, no surprises there, sounds a bit like the "I'm an outstandingly excellent driver so I will be ok" attitude

Edited by tails

Some people have brains, some people have no brains.

Sergeant Rammon falls into the latter category.

From what you can see in the photo it's very obvious the bridge cannot take the weight of a SUV. Not to difficult to realize.