Siam Snapshots: Previously unpublished pictures of Jim Thompson at the River Kwai, 1960

As far as I am aware the Bridge still stands or has it been knocked down?

The original bridge was in a different location than the bridge you'll see today and the jungle hills you may see in the movie are located in Sri Lanka.

As far as I know ,....The original bridge is in Burma !!!

Golly, must have been one heck of a bomb they dropped on it, to blow it from Kanchanaburi to Burma!

biggrin.png

The original bridge was in a different location than the bridge you'll see today and the jungle hills you may see in the movie are located in Sri Lanka.

Golly, must have been one heck of a bomb they dropped on it, to blow it from Kanchanaburi to Burma!

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

According to some, it must be a moving bridge, although it was moved from Java to Kan' but thought it was permanently fixed once it arrived

"According to some, it must be a moving bridge, although it was moved from Java to Kan' but thought it was permanently fixed once it arrived "

Actually, I seem to remember reading that most of the materials used to build the railway, rails, girders etc, were removed from railways in what is now Indonesia and shipped to Thailand.