What Does Freedom Taste Like?

Inspire

I know some bar girls who will give you freedom and free speach theropy

Do they give spelling lessons? If so you should sign up.

Yes you should sign up to first letter F

After the Thai bashers on here the next worse thing is the spelling/grammer NAZI'S

Google spell check.

After the Thai bashers on here the next worse thing is the spelling/grammer NAZI'S

The " . . . spelling/grammer (sic) NAZI'S (sic)" have never been a strong influence here on TV; probably because so few posters see the validity of their complaints.

The " . . . spelling/grammer (sic) NAZI'S (sic)" have never been a strong influence here on TV; probably because so few posters see the validity of their complaints.

I thought it was because so few posters were sufficiently educated!

Google spell check.

WHY your the one so worried about it. Personaly I go with the if it looks right it will do. Don't need to impress anyone anymore. But hey if it makes you feel superior you go for it. I promise I wont lose any sleep over a bit of grammar if that ok with you.

WHY your the one so worried about it. Personaly I go with the if it looks right it will do. Don't need to impress anyone anymore. But hey if it makes you feel superior you go for it. I promise I wont lose any sleep over a bit of grammar if that ok with you.

"If it looks right it will do" Like, near enough is good enough. Spoken like a true perfectionist.

Edited by giddyup

But the government is unelected and ruled by dictat, the citizens are forbidden to meet in public, and as a foreigner you have hardly any rights.

No right to work, no right to own land, report to immigration every 90 days, etc.

What's freedoms does a foreigner have living in Thailand?

Apart from freedom to eat a fried breakfast.

As for restricted breakfast menus, not everyone eats in McDonald's.

I don't know where you got this misconception from, but the government of Thailand is a domacracy. The king is kept in honor of tradition, but has no power.

"If it looks right it will do" Like, near enough is good enough. Spoken like a true perfectionist.

Yea I am perfect glad you noticed. Happy and contented with my life. Been there seen most done so much. So a little spelling mistake or a full stop out of place doesn't really compare. So please you carry on putting others mistakes to right you obviously need stimulus in Your little life. But that's what this thread is about Freedom.

Edited by Deepinthailand

But the government is unelected and ruled by dictat, the citizens are forbidden to meet in public, and as a foreigner you have hardly any rights.

No right to work, no right to own land, report to immigration every 90 days, etc.

Apart from freedom to eat a fried breakfast.

As for restricted breakfast menus, not everyone eats in McDonald's.

Not exactly freedom of speech here either.

Can't write about a restaurant being bad, without risking breaking defamation laws.

So I understand why you say they are all good.

Sadly freedom for some expats is freedom for them alone. They enjoy their freedom as a tourist/expat and really don't care if Thais have freedom. Some of them will put down the nation they come from while hypocritically keeping its citizenship and passport as a source of freedom. They'll send their kids to their home nation for a better education or summer travels despite their rants about it being the source of oppression and evil in the world.

Actually I came here to enjoy myself not to get involved in the countries politics I have no vote here no right as such so why should I worry most thai's I know don't worry they just get on with there lives!!! Maybe lessons to be learnt there eh.

Yes, but not everyone is a tourist or has values like you. I could say more but I'll leave it there.

Edited by Alive

Sadly freedom for some expats is freedom for them alone. They enjoy their freedom as a tourist/expat and really don't care if Thais have freedom. Some of them will put down the nation they come from while hypocritically keeping its citizenship and passport as a source of freedom. They'll send their kids to their home nation for a better education or summer travels despite their rants about it being the source of oppression and evil in the world.

Actually I came here to enjoy myself not to get involved in the countries politics I have no vote here no right as such so why should I worry most thai's I know don't worry they just get on with there lives!!! Maybe lessons to be learnt there eh.

Yes, but not everyone is a tourist or has values like you. I could say more but I'll leave it there.

No please enlightenment is a joy please continue to say more would be interesting to know how you come to a conclusion i'm a tourist????? "Values like mine" prey tell what are my values. I have obviously ruffled your feathers in some way. Maybe because I know how to enjoy life where as maybe you are struggling on that score????

Or is it that people are not allowed to hold differing view from you and you belive that to be subversive??????.

No please enlightenment is a joy please continue to say more would be interesting to know how you come to a conclusion i'm a tourist????? "Values like mine" prey tell what are my values. I have obviously ruffled your feathers in some way. Maybe because I know how to enjoy life where as maybe you are struggling on that score????

Or is it that people are not allowed to hold differing view from you and you belive that to be subversive??????.

Deep, well you seem to say you live like a tourist. You don't? well, whatever. You like Thailand with its corruption and inequality and wouldn't mind your children living under this inequality knowing that should they have the wrong beliefs their rights will not exist? Maybe it's because you like a certain group in society having the power over all, the power to jail people for their words and the wrong political values. I don't know what you think. You are right. I wrote earlier on this thread about people like you. but I guess I am wrong about that. You'll have to tell us about you. How can you value human rights if you accept people being abused in the way they are here. Maybe you don't read all the news as a lot of it doesn't get mainstream media attention due to laws or fear or political bias by the people who control papers. Even here on this forum we can't use certain words to describe present conditions in Thailand. I don't know you or get you Deep. You have your reasons. Enjoy your chicken and way of living.

Deep, well you seem to say you live like a tourist. You don't? well, whatever. You like Thailand with its corruption and inequality and wouldn't mind your children living under this inequality knowing that should they have the wrong beliefs their rights will not exist? Maybe it's because you like a certain group in society having the power over all, the power to jail people for their words and the wrong political values. I don't know what you think. You are right. I wrote earlier on this thread about people like you. but I guess I am wrong about that. You'll have to tell us about you. How can you value human rights if you accept people being abused in the way they are here. Maybe you don't read all the news as a lot of it doesn't get mainstream media attention due to laws or fear or political bias by the people who control papers. Even here on this forum we can't use certain words to describe present conditions in Thailand. I don't know you or get you Deep. You have your reasons. Enjoy your chicken and way of living.

Well that was a pretty pathetic answer not everyone feels put down by the Thai regime mostly westerners. My children do grow up here and are happy. Human rights don't make me laugh I've done more for that cause over my life and it never improves. I have lived here many years. Under the total Coruption of so called free speach??? How do I live like a tourist in your eyes then by enjoying myself. As for this forum it has it's own agenda enough said

Edited by Deepinthailand

What a crass statement. It is not hypocritical to point out flaws in your own country. It is what we call in the West Freedom of Speech. No country is giving you anything you pay for it one way or the other.

You need to get out more.

gandalf, I'll be the first to criticize the US but the folks I am referring to have a deep hate. Many claim to be against abuse but they say nothing about the human rights abuses right here in Thailand. Everyone criticizes their country but some are total hypocrites when they speak.

I take back my previous comment then and agree with you fully

I feel perfectly free despite having to do 90 day reports or visa runs, not being able to buy land and not having the right to work legally.

So bloody what?

I have very little interaction with officialdom whereas in the UK, the government got into every nook and cranny of my existence

PS Do you know what country you're in,

what do you do every 30 or 90 days ?

Freedom,, shirley you jest.

I bet the immigrants in your country don't feel their freedoms are curtailed by having to report to immigration periodically

Some people are just too up themselves

Edited by Agent Sumo

I'll go along with the freedom in Thailand thing, but regards cafes in the West, they have to be efficient because people expect it and to cover the higher running costs, whereas here they can generally sit around all day waiting for a customer to order that abortion of a dish of yours. giggle.gif